Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Entertainment Celebrates 30 Years With New Video Showcasing Iconic Moments From Its Library

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageBlizzard Entertainment Celebrates 30 Years With New Video Showcasing Iconic Moments From Its Library | MMORPG.com

Blizzard Entertainment, one of the largest game companies out there and creators of some of of the most memorable gamesin the industry, is celebrating 30 years this month. To commemorate, the company posted a new video to their social media, showcasing moments from their extensive library.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I just want more information for Diablo 4. I don't care what it is.
    [Deleted User]strawhat0981NeoyoshiIceAge
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
     :) 
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Its like a vampire celebrating its birthday with photos of him as a human :D
    [Deleted User]NeoyoshiFrodoFragins

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Home...where everyone has phones. Home...where cooperate virtue signaling is more important than making games. Home where our Chinese overlords dictate our every decision.

I think the companies to look out for in the next five years are Square Enix and Microsoft (given their recent purchase of Zenimax/Bethesda) Activision/Blizzard are going to literally phone in mobile titles while cultivating the relationship with China. I'm pretty sure they will be fully owned by Tecent by 2030.
    It is cute you think Microsoft does not bend over for China

[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited February 2021
    Starcraft had very brief reference, didn't really recognize Diablo 2 in there. The kiddie stuff (mouse and child... that had nothing to do with the major blockbusters that built the company early on).

Give some youtubers a chance to remake a 30year vid for them... I bet it would be epic.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I wonder if Blizzard is celebrating the fact hearthstone went from a top 5 watched game on twitch to a number 30+ game even behind SOT as i write this.
    Blizzard simply rides the money train until it dies then it is like OOPS ,maybe we should have seen it coming or got off our asses and done something.

Wow the most popular mmorpg on the planet yet we heard the constant cry for vanilla indicating the game was moving in the wrong direction.Blizz said NO ..no ..no ..well ok lmao.

Activision had to step in because there was a LOT of wasted money flying out the windows with bonuses be handed out for simply making money they had no hand in creating.Just be a top exec and get a bonus lol,well that changed and some left including some top execs.

So yeah let's celebrate a business handed the money train but no engineer to drive it.
    How many large games has Blizzard created in the past 10 years ?NONE,let's celebrate !!.Considering how big Blizzard is ,that is truly an amazing feet of ineptness.
    Oh yeah how good is Blizzard made game engines>>>>VERY weak,lack of skills within,tiem to CELEBRATE !!

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Horusra said:

Home...where everyone has phones. Home...where cooperate virtue signaling is more important than making games. Home where our Chinese overlords dictate our every decision.

I think the companies to look out for in the next five years are Square Enix and Microsoft (given their recent purchase of Zenimax/Bethesda) Activision/Blizzard are going to literally phone in mobile titles while cultivating the relationship with China. I'm pretty sure they will be fully owned by Tecent by 2030.

It is cute you think Microsoft does not bend over for China

Yep that is why the Chinese government has outright banned the windows operating system in the past as well as Microsoft office, and Bing.

But it's cute that you just assume every American based company kneels before Zod.
    They do not use it on government systems cause they accuses the US government of having hidden backdoor in Win10 but they use a Win 7 version cause Microsoft let the Chinese government poke around in the code and modify it to censor and monitor some functions.

Instead Microsoft has given the Chinese government control of local Bing search engine to censor.  Microsoft is also a major partner with the Chinese government in technology partnerships.  Even to the point of Gates hosting Chinese officials along with high ups in Microsoft on every official visit to the US at his house.

Gorwe
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2021
    I just want more information about Diablo: Resurrected and Diablo 4.
    Post edited by Gorwe on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130

Yep, in recent years I've been paying much more attention to Square due to the positive shifts in management and in overall quality of game development. They really seem to love their video games and it's fan following, and they show it via their Final Fantasy XIV Fanfest.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

I just want more information for Diablo 4. I don't care what it is.

Even if it means the information is they admit it's going to be bigger shit than Diablo 3 with more microtransactions?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Its like a vampire celebrating its birthday with photos of him as a human :D
    perfectly described.  I won't watch it though because of that fact.