Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total War: WARHAMMER III Announced, Bringing Epic Trilogy To A Close | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageTotal War: WARHAMMER III Announced, Bringing Epic Trilogy To A Close | MMORPG.com

Total War: WARHAMMER III has been announced, culminating the trilogy's epic story with this latest installment. The partnership with Creative Assembly and Games Workshop will "plunge players into a cataclysmic conflict between ruinous daemonic powers and the sentinels of the mortal world."

Read the full story here

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited February 2021
    Waaagh!!!! Nice trailer.
    Chamber of Chains
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    It's too bad you don't merge threads like these with the posts that were made earlier on the same topic.
    Sovrath
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Such a beautiful game, too bad I don't care about the RTS part. I don't know, it's too much for me. And if I do cheese it, well...it gets boring.

I'd really like if someone had a gall and dared to make a modern Mark of Chaos or WC3-like game set in Warhammer Fantasy. Or an RPG, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    lahnmircheyane
    I was really hoping that they would make Cathay playable as the highly expected Kislev is a bit too close to the empire in many ways, plus their starting territory is so small.

I am mainly interested in the Mortal Empires campaign as I hate the Vortex in WH2.  At least in how Chaos is implemented and the fact that you can't start with the WH1 factions.

It sounds like the launch campaign will take place, at least partly, in the realms of chaos.  And I'm sure it will be really fun at launch.  Long term players may want to play the expanded Mortal Empires campaign and I wonder if it will allow you to continue west of the WH2 map. 

And I'm super curious to find out how the Warriors of Chaos will work along with the daemons.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gorwe said:
    Such a beautiful game, too bad I don't care about the RTS part. I don't know, it's too much for me. And if I do cheese it, well...it gets boring.

I'd really like if someone had a gall and dared to make a modern Mark of Chaos or WC3-like game set in Warhammer Fantasy. Or an RPG, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    So much this. And although there are mods to auto resolve the RTS part or only play it partially it just isn’t the same. I’ve installed both 1 and 2 several times and then, after a dozen hours or so, I just quit.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Tzarina Katarin Bokha, the Ice Queen of Kislev
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Katarin_Bokha
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Anybody know if there is going to be a Frozen tie in for the sound track? ;)
    TacticalZombehUngood

lahnmir said:

Gorwe said:

So much this. And although there are mods to auto resolve the RTS part or only play it partially it just isn’t the same. I’ve installed both 1 and 2 several times and then, after a dozen hours or so, I just quit.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I was not going to post anything else before I saw these gainsayers posts. RTS is not boring or difficult, these are splendid games, RTS strategy is as valid as turn based. A mod to play the RTS for you?! That is an anathema, you might as well have someone else play the game for you and tell you how it went.
    Scot said:

lahnmir said:

Gorwe said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I was not going to post anything else before I saw these gainsayers posts. RTS is not boring or difficult, these are splendid games, RTS strategy is as valid as turn based. A mod to play the RTS for you?! That is an anathema, you might as well have someone else play the game for you and tell you how it went.
    Well some people simply prefer games like Civ or Hearts of Iron and Crusader Kings.  I much prefer the Total War games to those but everyone has different tastes.

I also now prefer the Total War games to traditional RTS games I used to like.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited February 2021
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    You can have mods like that? I have tried playing these game because the whole Warhammer universe is my absolute favourite. The only one I managed was Dawn of War but that was managing in a lot smaller scale. I cannot do these huge maps and armies. I get completely overwhelmed and lost. They look gorgeous here so jealous and wish I had the ability to play this. I bet it will be awesome.

I do love Warhammer and enjoyed Inquisitor Martyr a whole lot on my assassin but at some point I hit a brick wall as usual because I'm a lousy player.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited February 2021

Scot said:

lahnmir said:

Gorwe said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Well some people simply prefer games like Civ or Hearts of Iron and Crusader Kings.  I much prefer the Total War games to those but everyone has different tastes.

Well I like TW: WH, Civ and Crusader Kings roughly equally, not such a fan of HoI. But I would not come on here if this was about HoI and say "well they need to do this because I only like that sort of play". I expect different games to have different gameplay and applaud it, so I certainly don't want to go to all RTS. We need diversity in gaming, not one template to rule them all.
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Big Chaos fan. And I get 4 factions, 1 per God. PSYCHED.
    Scot said:

Scot said:

lahnmir said:

Gorwe said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Well I like TW: WH, Civ and Crusader Kings roughly equally, not such a fan of HoI. But I would not come on here if this was about HoI and say "well they need to do this because I only like that sort of play". I expect different games to have different gameplay and applaud it, so I certainly don't want to go to all RTS. We need diversity in gaming, not one template to rule them all.
    I never said they should change these games, I simply said that I like the Warhammer part, just not the Total War part. Which is a shame as the games are really well done but just not my cup of tea.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scot

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

cheyane said:
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    You can have mods like that? I have tried playing these game because the whole Warhammer universe is my absolute favourite. The only one I managed was Dawn of War but that was managing in a lot smaller scale. I cannot do these huge maps and armies. I get completely overwhelmed and lost. They look gorgeous here so jealous and wish I had the ability to play this. I bet it will be awesome.

I do love Warhammer and enjoyed Inquisitor Martyr a whole lot on my assassin but at some point I hit a brick wall as usual because I'm a lousy player.
    Yes there are mods. Ranging from better auto resolve all the way to the battles playing out in front of you where you can give simple directions, take full control, or let the AI handle it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Gorwecheyane

Scot said:

Scot said:

lahnmir said:

Gorwe said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Fair enough.  I never tried CK but I tried Civ 5 and HoI and jsut wanted to return to TW.  But eventually I'll be in the right mindset.

With that said, I did over rely on autoresolve in TW:WH1 and while it allowed me to master the diplomacy and buildings/economy.  It meant I had real issues with army construction and strategy late game.

I currently use two mods a favorite streamer uses: single respec mod to let you reallocate skills on confederated lords and heroes, and a region trading mod as I got sick of how dumb the AI is at times where they would never take an emtpty settlement that would let them complete the province.  The second one can be exploited so it requires
    Scot
    edited February 2021
    Some extra information:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/total-war-warhammer-3-is-going-to-be-absolutely-massive/

"In campaign map terms, it's big… roughly twice the size of Warhammer 2's Eye of the Vortex map," says game director Ian Roxburgh. "And it needs to be, as this is the part of the Warhammer world that gives way to the Realms of Chaos, which take up a significant area in their own right. But I suppose more than anything, you can apply the term 'unprecedented scale' to our ambition for the game. We're aiming to conclude the trilogy in a big way—from the narrative, to the playable races, to the wealth of new features, which we'll come to in good time."

Fair enough.  I never tried CK but I tried Civ 5 and HoI and jsut wanted to return to TW.  But eventually I'll be in the right mindset.

With that said, I did over rely on autoresolve in TW:WH1 and while it allowed me to master the diplomacy and buildings/economy.  It meant I had real issues with army construction and strategy late game.

I currently use two mods a favorite streamer uses: single respec mod to let you reallocate skills on confederated lords and heroes, and a region trading mod as I got sick of how dumb the AI is at times where they would never take an emtpty settlement that would let them complete the province.  The second one can be exploited so it requires
    I would not recommend Civ 6 anyway, dumbed down and cartoon characters as leaders, I will definitely get the new CK some time in the future though. I am going to take a deep breath and pretend I did not see the word auto-resolve. :)

Respecting is borderline, depends on how its used. I don't think I used any mods, but that regional trading mod would have been the sort of thing I pick. We all have are own way of playing games, but when players skip content that's when I scratch my head.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Scot said:

I would not recommend Civ 6 anyway, dumbed down and cartoon characters as leaders, I will definitely get the new CK some time in the future though. I am going to take a deep breath and pretend I did not see the word auto-resolve. :)

Respecting is borderline, depends on how its used. I don't think I used any mods, but that regional trading mod would have been the sort of thing I pick. We all have are own way of playing games, but when players skip content that's when I scratch my head.
    Such a purist you are. I am also not good at these games. I might use the mod (close your ears @Scot) >:)
    Scot

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Man, watching that makes me want to give DOWIII another try.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• XevrinXevrin Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Take mah money! I was not expecting the 3rd game this year. Really looking forward to it after player the first two quite a bit. Hopefully they will have improved/revamped the siege combat.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited February 2021

Mars_OMG said:

this needs a movie :D

Honestly, I recently got into WH40K and been reading through some of the codexes. There is some really awesome lore in the Warhammer Universe, I am really shocked no movies have been made yet. I know there was some Ultramarines animated movie 10 years ago.

It's the same with D&D, especially Icewind Dale story around Dritz o'Durden. This could be made into a whole movie series.