Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Report Details Mismanagement And More Behind The Scenes At Amazon Games Studios | MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,664
    Nyctelios said:
    cheyane said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Iselin said:
    tzervo said:
    Iselin said:  

And then there's the internal production drama that led them to cut ties with the actor playing Alex who will either be replaced or killed off for season 6.
    Noooooooo.... :(
    Yeah I liked him too. But apparently he has issues with.... personal boundaries.
    Meh... As long Amos is on the show I'm watching
    They cannot kill him off. He is pretty important in the books. If they intend to do all 9 of them. Well the last one should be out this year. I've read till Tiamat's Wrath and they will replace him. What they did though in previous books is amalgamate a character like Bull into Drummer. Michio Pa too.

Also Amazon rescued "The Expanse" SyFy cut it after season 3 , we have season 4 and 5 thanks to Amazon. They must do Babylon's Ashes damn my favourite books were Nemesis Games and Babylon's Ashes.
    Nope. The series will end on 6th season. It's already announced
    The writers are saying it is just a pause. A natural one between book 6 and 7 so between season 6 and 7. So I think they get another company to take over from Amazon.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/12/10/22167489/the-expanse-season-6-canceled-or-season-7-beyond-plans

The Expanse authors say the show’s only on pause, not canceled, after season 6

Gdemamitzervocheyane

• elgenkabolelgenkabol Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Asheram said:
    As if any kind of pay cut would hurt Jeff Bezos I mean he only made like what 24 billion in 2020. Or better yet that he was being removed because amazon did not make enough cash last year :p :smiley:

The goal since 2015 was to increase the sales of Amazon Web Services and they succeeded. Taking a risk by investing 2 billion over the years on six game titles is rather minor considering what they made just last year alone.

Asheram
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,126
    cheyane said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Iselin said:
    tzervo said:
    Iselin said:  

And then there's the internal production drama that led them to cut ties with the actor playing Alex who will either be replaced or killed off for season 6.
    Yeah I liked him too. But apparently he has issues with.... personal boundaries.
    They cannot kill him off. He is pretty important in the books. If they intend to do all 9 of them. 
    Well I guess we know the answer to that now. Spoiler tag for those whoa have not yet seen episode 10;

I actually think that the kill off idea was a better solution than recasting, It'd be hard for me to accept a new actor as Alex after 5 seasons.
    They actually went back and reshot some scenes of episode 10 after the decision to part ways with the actor was made.
    Ty Frank and Daniel Abrahan, collectively know as James S. A. Corey, the authors of the books are also screenwriters for the show so I'm sure they'll come up with a good way to get the important plot tasks that Alex does in the books done by whoever the replacement pilot is or some other way.
    I sure hope someone (Netflix?) picks up seasons 7 - 9 though.

Scotcheyane
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 16,085
    edited February 5
    Iselin said:
    cheyane said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Iselin said:
    tzervo said:
    Iselin said:  

They cannot kill him off. He is pretty important in the books. If they intend to do all 9 of them. 
    Well I guess we know the answer to that now. Spoiler tag for those whoa have not yet seen episode 10;

I actually think that the kill off idea was a better solution than recasting, It'd be hard for me to accept a new actor as Alex after 5 seasons.
    They actually went back and reshot some scenes of episode 10 after the decision to part ways with the actor was made.
    Ty Frank and Daniel Abrahan, collectively know as James S. A. Corey, the authors of the books are also screenwriters for the show so I'm sure they'll come up with a good way to get the important plot tasks that Alex does in the books done by whoever the replacement pilot is or some other way.
    I sure hope someone (Netflix?) picks up seasons 7 - 9 though.

Spoiler Alert!!

There is always going to be a difficulty replacing an actor but to me this is almost like punishing a fictional character for what the real life actor did. I say did, there was no court case, an independent company decided if the allegations were true, so to me they remain allegations. Also the story seems to be punished for this, they even redid some old scenes to edit him out, in a SF series were explaining a change of face should not have been hard.
    tzervo
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 8,077
    edited February 5
    Kind of hard to ignore 40+ allegations though. No company wants to be saddled with the consequences of not addressing that even if they carry out internal investigations to determine them. Plus none of it was criminal just very, very inappropriate since it involved fans younger than 18.

The consequences of a public trial would be far worse for the actor. I'm sure they can if they really wanted brought civil action against him. May be it was kinder to him this way. Having people testify while giving him the chance to face his accuser will also give the accuser the chance to be heard and all the details will go on record.
    Iselin[Deleted User]GdemamiScot
    Chamber of Chains