Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age 4 will be set in Tevinter | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Ok, but will it FEEL and PLAY like a Dragon Age game? Won't even comment 2 and Inquisition just looks so drab next to Origins.

So...will it be more of Inquisition or more of Origins?
    Well, in fairness, all those you mentioned are 'Dragon Age Games.'

Even Dragon Age Origins had issues. Or at least, I should say, things I didn't like. And people don't like 2 but it had some great storytelling and some really heart wrenching moments. It just skimped on locations and not everyone is willing to play that type of reluctant hero.

Agreed. I don't want to be that hater guy, but... I didn't get far into Origins. It didn't click with me at all. I got a lot further into Inquisition and enjoyed some of it. The combat being both action and turn based messed with me. I got into some more difficult fights and sort of hit a wall. Maybe my build sucked along with my companions. Maybe I just didn't "get it", but I put it down for a while and never returned. I ended up playing (and not finishing) Skyrim instead. Despite my gripes with Skyrim it makes a lot more sense to me and I get the combat system.

I've thought about picking both up again and giving them another chance, but just haven't. There are so many other games on my list before them.
    I barely played Inquisition as turn based and just let the companions do their thing while I did mine. I occasionally paused it if one or more had low HP and weren't using health pots to do it manually but that was about the extent of it. IMO, it plays best that way.

IDK when you played it but at release and for a few months after that the balance was all over the place with some builds godly and some really bad.

I almost always play a mage in most RPGs and I lucked into a choosing a path because it sounded like fun and as it turned out, it was very OP - the Knight Enchanter melee-mage build. In dragon fights more often than not all my companions died and I soloed the dragon with ease.

Everything was eventually rebalanced and that build was hit heavily with nerfs but it was still powerful when I played it last year. It's still fun too due to the novelty of playing a mage up close.

you say it like inquisition was hard, the game was dead easy, only thing you had to do for big damage and save pot usage is using the skills combos.

hell I didn't even used a mage in the group because both archers plus 2 melees would kill anything too fast to bother with potions

and higher difficults would only mean you would ahve to fast travel more to replenish said potions
    You forgot your /flex lol.

Did I say it was hard? I was responding to someone who just barely got his feet wet in the game and hit a wall.

Yeah once you have all possible companions to choose from and have your advanced spec after level 11 or 12 it can become very easy - some people even solo it at the highest difficulty (/flex again lol) - but to a new player getting used to the system with little knowledge about which builds are really good and which aren't those first 11 levels can be not easy for them at all.
    [Deleted User]YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Ok, but will it FEEL and PLAY like a Dragon Age game? Won't even comment 2 and Inquisition just looks so drab next to Origins.

Even Dragon Age Origins had issues. Or at least, I should say, things I didn't like. And people don't like 2 but it had some great storytelling and some really heart wrenching moments. It just skimped on locations and not everyone is willing to play that type of reluctant hero.

Agreed. I don't want to be that hater guy, but... I didn't get far into Origins. It didn't click with me at all. I got a lot further into Inquisition and enjoyed some of it. The combat being both action and turn based messed with me. I got into some more difficult fights and sort of hit a wall. Maybe my build sucked along with my companions. Maybe I just didn't "get it", but I put it down for a while and never returned. I ended up playing (and not finishing) Skyrim instead. Despite my gripes with Skyrim it makes a lot more sense to me and I get the combat system.

I've thought about picking both up again and giving them another chance, but just haven't. There are so many other games on my list before them.
    I barely played Inquisition as turn based and just let the companions do their thing while I did mine. I occasionally paused it if one or more had low HP and weren't using health pots to do it manually but that was about the extent of it. IMO, it plays best that way.

IDK when you played it but at release and for a few months after that the balance was all over the place with some builds godly and some really bad.

I almost always play a mage in most RPGs and I lucked into a choosing a path because it sounded like fun and as it turned out, it was very OP - the Knight Enchanter melee-mage build. In dragon fights more often than not all my companions died and I soloed the dragon with ease.

Everything was eventually rebalanced and that build was hit heavily with nerfs but it was still powerful when I played it last year. It's still fun too due to the novelty of playing a mage up close.

you say it like inquisition was hard, the game was dead easy, only thing you had to do for big damage and save pot usage is using the skills combos.

hell I didn't even used a mage in the group because both archers plus 2 melees would kill anything too fast to bother with potions

and higher difficults would only mean you would ahve to fast travel more to replenish said potions

Did I say it was hard? I was responding to someone who just barely got his feet wet in the game and hit a wall.

Yeah once you have all possible companions to choose from and have your advanced spec after level 11 or 12 it can become very easy - some people even solo it at the highest difficulty (/flex again lol) - but to a new player getting used to the system with little knowledge about which builds are really good and which aren't those first 11 levels can be not easy for them at all.
    That's nothing new, is it? DnD suffered and still suffers from "the first ~5 levels" syndrome and Origins wasn't much better(it did speed you towards something sensible though).

And boy were you able to do some silly things in Origins later on. My favorite is a Dual Wield Rogue, even though the DW Warrior probably has both easier and better dps. Still, both can flatten even bosses in few seconds ; Cauthrien not included, that fight can go to hell.
    Iselin[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

That's nothing new, is it? DnD suffered and still suffers from "the first ~5 levels" syndrome and Origins wasn't much better(it did speed you towards something sensible though).

And boy were you able to do some silly things in Origins later on. My favorite is a Dual Wield Rogue, even though the DW Warrior probably has both easier and better dps. Still, both can flatten even bosses in few seconds ; Cauthrien not included, that fight can go to hell.
    Someone there really likes dual wield rogues because they're still god tier in Inquisition lol. All 3 (6 really since they can either use bow or dual wield) advanced rogue specs in Inquisition are by far the best DPS in the game.

The Knight Enchanter Mage was also up there with them at release but they over-nerfed them and they're at least a couple of tiers below rogues now.

All this talk about the game made me reload it a couple of days ago lol. I'm currently in the low levels playing an archer this time around.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

Someone there really likes dual wield rogues because they're still god tier in Inquisition lol. All 3 (6 really since they can either use bow or dual wield) advanced rogue specs in Inquisition are by far the best DPS in the game.

The Knight Enchanter Mage was also up there with them at release but they over-nerfed them and they're at least a couple of tiers below rogues now.

All this talk about the game made me reload it a couple of days ago lol. I'm currently in the low levels playing an archer this time around.
    Inquisition? I might play Origins, one of these days. Could do far worse than that.

Have fun.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

Inquisition? I might play Origins, one of these days. Could do far worse than that.

Have fun.
    Wait, you haven't even played any of the games?

Jesus. 
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

Have fun.

Jesus. 
    Only Origins. 2 and Inquisition seemed...too different to me. Besides, I should've said "replay Origins", my bad.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

Have fun.

Jesus. 
    Only Origins. 2 and Inquisition seemed...too different to me. Besides, I should've said "replay Origins", my bad.
    As if you have time to play the Dragon Age games, Nioh 2 is out this friday  B)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited February 2021
    lahnmir said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

Have fun.

Jesus. 
    As if you have time to play the Dragon Age games, Nioh 2 is out this friday  B)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    You assume too much. Still have to play Battlefleet, it's actually very fun. Will play N2 once I have much more free time in March.

Naturally, I gravitate towards "guessing game" fleets like Eldar or Chaos(Tzeentch). Damn I love those! Pure control is addicting! Though there is something to be said about the boneheaded efficiency of Orks or SMurfs too.