Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal Alpha Preview | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo Immortal Alpha Preview | MMORPG.com

Last month, Diablo Immortal held a closed alpha test that focused on the endgame content. Here are our impressions of the state of the alpha for Diablo Immortal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310
    I have a phone. In fact, I'm on it right now.
    I may have to upgrade if I decide to play this though.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Something tells me this news wont be recieved well.
    Corden[Deleted User]
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I can't imagine this game doing well with any fans of the actual series. I'll give it a shot because I play phone games when I'm bored but it sounds like a basic as hell phone ARPG, down to bigger item number = better. Why remove all the stats from the already basic Diablo formula? This seems rather disappointing and I wasn't even excited to begin with.
    Gdemamibishop1405[Deleted User]
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Rifts? why? I hate rifts. Nothing about them feels exciting or interesting, it's just blah blah blah kill etc. It's just an excuse to not do a real endgame.
    ZenJellydefroststar[Deleted User]
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    This will not be the American built, western rpg that is branded as Diablo. You could have done anything in diablo to spice it up, change it up, but diminish it by making it a phone app for a cash grab. Sad.
    Gdemamibishop1405[Deleted User]Brainy
  • FoolOfATook39FoolOfATook39 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Sounds boring. D3 was repetitive Ave boring for a casual player like me who didn’t get into seasons and end game grind. This sounds about the same and no real improvement or hook to get me interested. Maybe something to play in between better games due to sheer boredom.
    ZenJellydefroststarbishop1405[Deleted User]Brainy
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I may try it on an Android emulator, but my phone is for little 5 minute waiting room titles.
    bishop1405
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There is NO reason for Blizzard to aim for this mobile nonsense unless they plan on exploiting a cash shop.That is what ALL mobile games do,they exploit dummies who have more money than brains.
    Gdemamibishop1405[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,514
    Looking forward to making hardcore characters and progressing only during toilet time!
    Gorwestrawhat0981

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Something tells me this news wont be recieved well.

Why ?

People seems to miss-understand why we were angry at Blizzard for the D:I announcement.

Is not because "OMG A MOBILE DIABLO GAME, BU!!!", but how they managed to announce the game.

In fact, D:I will be pretty or very successful on Mobile and that's good. They gave us D4 announcement and now D:I can go ahead and be whatever.
    Gorwestrawhat0981SplattrGdemami

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Mensur said:
    Looking forward to making hardcore characters and progressing only during toilet time!
    Adding new meaning to "When I fought Malthael for the first time I shit myself."
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• OmegaXtcOmegaXtc Member UncommonPosts: 36
    From someone who played Diablo 2 for 20 years and Diablo 3 for 5, this game wasn't asked for and isn't necessary. It's a cash grab as confirmed by the cash shop and battle pass. Gear has a "power score"?? Sounds an awful lot like a chinese mobile game where you pay to get more BR to flex at strangers. Boycotting.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    My phone is like 5 years old. I don't think it can play anything except digbejewelled

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    The only good thing I have to say is that they didn't rush it out as the cheap clone that NetEase was happy with.  It was so much copy/pasta from their already released games. 

If people like it and it helps keep the franchise alive before D4 then that's a positive as well.  Like most people, it was the tone deafness of the announcement that was the problem.

The upcoming POE mobile game has no hype but also no vitriol as they didn't announce it as a centerpiece of a convention.  They also didn't ridicule their customer base.
  • ArleeArlee Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Was it still possible to cast as you moved? That was one of the things they showed off when they unveiled Immortal at Blizzcon and was fun to use during that demo. It also opened a lot of possibilities for combat that weren't available before. It'd be disappointing for them to remove that.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Is this an out of season April fools joke?
    [Deleted User]

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/