Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Releases their First Newsletter of 2021 - Talks Realms and Races | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained Releases their First Newsletter of 2021 - Talks Realms and Races | MMORPG.com

In the latest newsletter from Camelot Unchained developer City State Entertainment, a lot of topics were covered, including a breakdown of information released on the livestream earlier that day. In the newsletter, the art team dove into zones and biomes and the new State of the Build talks about the game as it stands now, and what players can expect from this weekend's test of The Verdant Forest 0.1.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Oh look....more art! I bought into an art concept book, not a game. smh.
    Kyleranashiru_1978Agent_Josephmac6115cdvelimiriusIselinMendel
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2021
    Good thing he told me because i thought with 26 classes they would have 26 different rigging models and with a male and female side making for 52 different models ...lmao.
    There is like maybe 1-3.

This team has been trying to show us NOTHING that makes a great design,IDC about some item or some faces/races not going any places.

I need to see DEEP hardcore game design and i will know in the very first 5 minutes if the game is serious or not.
    DO i blame them,well 50/50,i know everyone in this world is just trying to earn a living,to pay the bills but at the same time,your trying to fool people,deceive them into spending money on your product.
    The gaming market is like a used car lot,the dealer knows the cars he's selling are lemons but he has to play the game,he must sell his product at all costs.
    Viper482MendelZenJelly

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Less concept art
    More game
    SovrathKyleranBruceYeeAgent_JosephNeptusViper482velimiriusMendel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Why ya all shitting on them?

Did they kick your kitten or something?
    Viper482bcbully
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Badmethod68Badmethod68 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    I don't think I have ever seen a game so long in development with zero actual results... What am I missing here?
    Viper482Sarla
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Ungood said:

It's just what we do here, especially for truly incompetent dev efforts, which this one clearly is.

Original promised delivery date...2015

Yet 5 years later and they are showing off their concept art.

Time to add more to the pile
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]ScotViper482[Deleted User][Deleted User]MendelSarla

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    They didn't kick my kitten, they shit on it.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    edited January 2021

Less concept art

More game

They are releasing pictures, because they have nothing else going on, not a game to begin with.

I think the same situation is with Pantheon - each time I see news about it on some MMO news website, sometimes there is a video livestream and it's just a couple hours of two talking heads, they don't even show a single picture, just yapping away about some boring crap that nobody cares about.
    Post edited by ashiru_1978 on
    [Deleted User]Agent_JosephKyleranSyphin_Bstrawhat0981Brainy
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    They are still putting out something, at least they are not planning to do some concept art. So is this worthy of an article on here? Just about, but we really need to see an in game footage picture of something. How many concept art items a year are acceptable, well that depends on how many game footage releases they do. Other posters can correct me but I don't think we are seeing many of those?
    KyleranMendel
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    It's not that we are kicking a dead horse... it is that the dev's are riding one.
    Aragoni[Deleted User]KyleranScot[Deleted User]velimirius[Deleted User]YashaXSarla
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    To think that I've waited for this game longer than I waited for Darkfall Online. Jeez. It's tragic. But I do hope that they will deliver what they've promised.
    Kyleran
  • mac6115cdmac6115cd Member UncommonPosts: 15

Kyleran said:

Ungood said:

It's just what we do here, especially for truly incompetent dev efforts, which this one clearly is.

I'm claiming my Kickstarter as a "donation" since there's never going to be a real game. At least I've kept some folks off the street.

Ungood said:

No, but they did steal $110 of my money.
    Sarla

Kyleran said:

Ungood said:

and calling it "Beta" no less!

Less concept art

More game

They are releasing pictures, because they have nothing else going on, not a game to begin with.

I think the same situation is with Pantheon - each time I see news about it on some MMO news website, sometimes there is a video livestream and it's just a couple hours of two talking heads, they don't even show a single picture, just yapping away about some boring crap that nobody cares about.

That's simply not true regarding Pantheon. Here is a 2 hour video of them actually playing the game as a group of five, and this is not the only video they have posted featuring gameplay.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Viper482 said:

Ungood said:

Sure you can't get a refund? They refunded my Hero Forever-pledge 5 years ago or so.
    edited January 2021
    mac6115cd said:

Kyleran said:

Ungood said:

I'm claiming my Kickstarter as a "donation" since there's never going to be a real game. At least I've kept some folks off the street.
    Good thing, since the refund process continues at a glacial pace, last evidence was Mark was only up to the third week of Feb so there's a real chance some requests will hit the one year point soon.

Aragoni said:
    Viper482 said:

Ungood said:

Sure you can't get a refund? They refunded my Hero Forever-pledge 5 years ago or so.
    As noted, Mark is way behind on processing refund requests put in almost a year ago, no telling how long a new request put in today might take.
    [Deleted User]Viper482

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Viper482 said:

Less concept art

More game

That's simply not true regarding Pantheon. Here is a 2 hour video of them actually playing the game as a group of five, and this is not the only video they have posted featuring gameplay.

Yeah, but who exactly is "playing" in the video, Developers right?

Most of their videos are dungeon crawls with little evidence of open world content.

Don't forget, they recently admitted to resetting development a year or so back so most videos previously shared are of a world which is mostly back at gray box level.

Don't assume their recent dog and pony show created to lure in new investors is anything more than a marketing gimmick, they really don't have much in the way of playable content and are way behind CU in terms of progress which isn't saying much of course.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]strawhat0981[Deleted User]YashaXMendel

As noted, Mark is way behind on processing refund requests put in almost a year ago, no telling how long a new request put in today might take.

Ah I see. Did not know that. That really sucks then.

Kyleran said:

Viper482 said:

Less concept art

More game

Yeah, but who exactly is "playing" in the video, Developers right?

Most of their videos are dungeon crawls with little evidence of open world content.

Don't forget, they recently admitted to resetting development a year or so back so most videos previously shared are of a world which is mostly back at gray box level.

Don't assume their recent dog and pony show created to lure in new investors is anything more than a marketing gimmick, they really don't have much in the way of playable content and are way behind CU in terms of progress which isn't saying much of course.

Okay....I will post this one from 10 days ago then lol. I am not here to debate the state of the game, when it will release, or all that. Just pointing out it is simply not true that they don't post gameplay. And this is 100% more gameplay than we see from CU...which is in "beta". Pantheon is still pre-alpha.

All of these kickstarters are shit. I bought into a few of them when the first craze was happening and not one has delivered.

Kyleran
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

Less concept art

More game

Are you serious? They've been releasing actual gameplay videos with Cohh Carnage for the past 4 years, what rock have you been hiding under?
    Kyleranstrawhat0981Viper482
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Combspe said:
    They didn't kick my kitten, they shit on it.
    Oh.. well thanks for clearing that up. Continue then.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Ungood said:

1)  Original expected release date of 2015.  Now almost six years late, and still in a state that shouldn't even be called a beta.

2)  Decided to use development resources on a second game that backers never asked for, and didn't bother telling backers about it for months.

3)  Months behind on promised refunds.

4)  Heavy-handed moderation on YouTube comments and likes/dislikes and on the official forums and Discord.

5)  Still hiding behind an NDA despite claims of huge improvements to the game.

6)  The head of the studio, Mark Jacobs, acting extremely unprofessionally by picking fights with commenters on MOP and Reddit.
    BruceYeeUngood[Deleted User]
  • RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576

Ungood said:

They originally launched their kickstarter for this game in 2013 with a delivery/launch date of 2015. In that time they have produced next to nothing tangible. Their updates 8 years later are still concept art pics. They actually, instead of working on the game people gave them money to make, decided to make another game and launch it before they even finish this one. Whether they used backer money for Camelot Unchained for their other game is unknown but suspected. I used to be a Jacobs defender during the Warhammer problems because EA and all. But this project is probably the second biggest fraud of an MMO that has happened right behind Chonicles of Elyria. Hell in some way worse because at least COE was rank amateurs, Jacobs created and launched 2 large scale MMO's and one of them is still celebrated as one of the best MMO's ever. What City State and Camelot Unchained is borderline criminal at this point and they are the sole reason I'll never back another game on kickstarter.
    BruceYee
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Just stop this vapor already.