Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online's Perfect World Entertainment Announces 'Perfect World Level Up' Charity Initiative

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Trek Online's Perfect World Entertainment Announces 'Perfect World Level Up' Charity Initiative for the Youth | MMORPG.com

Perfect World Entertainment, the folks behind Star Trek Online, has announced the Perfect World Level Up charity initiative.

Read the full story here

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Come on now at least try to validate your reporting. I just checked & the T2 bundle that includes the 2 ships for PC is already gone.
    Darkpigeon
  • FoolOfATook39FoolOfATook39 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    “The Youth” ? Was this translated from Chinese to English with Google translate or something? Poop on PWE and poop on Craptic. These cheap marketing tactics are pointless. They probably keep a large portion of the funds for operating costs.
    sumdumguy1Agent_Joseph

“The Youth” ? Was this translated from Chinese to English with Google translate or something? Poop on PWE and poop on Craptic. These cheap marketing tactics are pointless. They probably keep a large portion of the funds for operating costs.

I think somewhere on the groupee website for this particular charity event it states 90% in the smaller print where it says 100% up at the top in bold big lettering. So it isn't the best but not the worst neither. I'm sure all the Papal & credit card companies take a bit too for transactions. Usually with these type of charity events for some odd reason they "limit' the amounts even though it is all digital.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited January 2021
    A bit misleading name for the initiative, since STO also has a level up(*) event... at first I thought they tied the two together as an extra incentive to level up your new klingon.
    Turned out it's separate, and simply a charity purchase/donation. The bundles are nice though.

*The in-game level up event is for the new update and to promote the revamped early story part of klingons. Those who create a new klingon character this month and level it up to 65 get a bunch of account-wide rewards, one of those a T6 ship.
    foppoteeOctagon7711
    Just a FYI update as I'm posting this there's a few hundred more of the Tier-2 keys, the ones including the ships & the tribble, back at Groupees for Star Trek Online.
    Po_ggOctagon7711