Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild Terra 2 Releases on Steam Today | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageWild Terra 2 Releases on Steam Today | MMORPG.com

After a some time in early access, Wild Terra 2 is out today on Steam.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mibgeneralmibgeneral Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Thanks ---- Bought the game, let's see how it goes.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I hope it's better then Wild Terra 1

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Tokken said:

Were they even very far apart? How long ago did Wild Terra 1 come out?
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Their is apparently a duping exploit, which was known about in Early Access. However the devs are going to remove the items and ban those who did it.
    IselinSarla
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    SalmonMan said:
    Their is apparently a duping exploit, which was known about in Early Access. However the devs are going to remove the items and ban those who did it.
    This could be copypasta from every MMO ever.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Its better than wt1. But its still massive work on progress, laggy and buggy on every corner.
    Tokken

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

Did they put in any restrictions so this does not happen?
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
    edited January 2021
    The guy should have logged out though but again not a good vibe this game. I can tolerate it if there were penalties but I don't this type of FFA really has that. I tried on reddit to ask about the measurements in place I was downvoted. But on reddit you get downvoted at the drop of a hat.
    [Deleted User]hupaViper482
    Chamber of Chains
  • RossburgerRossburger Member UncommonPosts: 13
    In other news, work on Wild Terra 3 has begun.
    sakerashiru_1978mklinic[Deleted User]TokkensschruppTheocritus
  • mibgeneralmibgeneral Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Bleh, game is super laggy and warpy - Refunded.
    hupa
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391

Rhoklaw said:

cheyane said:

This is the exact same behavior I'd expect and see in any open world FFA PvP game. If a game doesn't have any sort of consequences in place to deter this behavior, the game will die a quick death and become a ghost town rather quickly.

Sea of Thieves has the exact same problem and while I did attempt to see if PvP games have improved since UO, it would seem not. I guess PvP focused game developers are either very lazy or they themselves have some sort of sick and twisted mental disorder to think crap like this is enjoyable.

This is great! I find it curious that PvP MMORPG communities always spend the first three months going out of their way to ruin everyone else's play experience and then the proceeding years waxing philosophical as to why their game is dead. It's been like Groundhog Day for PvP MMOs for 25 years.
    [Deleted User]GdemamisschruppSarlaTheocritus
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Rhoklaw said:
    This is the exact same behavior I'd expect and see in any open world FFA PvP game. If a game doesn't have any sort of consequences in place to deter this behavior, the game will die a quick death and become a ghost town rather quickly.
    Cause and effect, basically.
    [Deleted User]RavZterz
    edited January 2021
    Mars_OMG said:
    cheyane said:

Fight back maybe ?

Did you even bother to watch that video? The person he was killing had nothing was probably a new player and the guy killing the new player was high level. How can you fight back? With what are you suppose to fight back. They were just trying to just survive and ran away but was run down and killed. One shot from his bow and the player was dead plus the higher level player was in plate and stood over the corpse waiting for them to revive and then kill them over and over. In what universe do you think that player in ragged clothes could have fought back?

What that player should have done was to log off but I suppose for the purposes of the video he stayed and did you read the abusive chat that was going on while this was happening. This was really unbelievably nasty because  the guy killing that player knew that the player he was killing had not a snowball's chance in hell to actually fight back. The purpose was to just grief the player.

If a game cannot even place some basic guidelines to prevent this then the game will be very hard for new players. This was very abusive. 
    [Deleted User]Remali
    Chamber of Chains
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited January 2021

Mars_OMG said:

cheyane said:

Fight back maybe ?

Have you never played a free for all pvp MMO before? The dude is obviously 2-shotting him.
    Gdemami
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited January 2021
    Tokken said:

Were they even very far apart? How long ago did Wild Terra 1 come out?
    Not very long apart, but graphics are much better now then the first game.  I honestly can't see why then made a WT2.  Wild Terra 1 was so bad theny were giving copies of the game to people for free on this site.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39

cheyane said:

Mars_OMG said:

cheyane said:

Fight back maybe ?

Did you even bother to watch that video? The person he was killing had nothing was probably a new player and the guy killing the new player was high level. How can you fight back? With what are you suppose to fight back. They were just trying to just survive and ran away but was run down and killed. One shot from his bow and the player was dead plus the higher level player was in plate and stood over the corpse waiting for them to revive and then kill them over and over. In what universe do you think that player in ragged clothes could have fought back?

What that player should have done was to log off but I suppose for the purposes of the video he stayed and did you read the abusive chat that was going on while this was happening. This was really unbelievably nasty because  the guy killing that player knew that the player he was killing had not a snowball's chance in hell to actually fight back. The purpose was to just grief the player.

If a game cannot even place some basic guidelines to prevent this then the game will be very hard for new players. This was very abusive. 

Here is another video of a new player (he wears only basic raw hide clothes that every beginner gets to craft during the first half an hour in game, as a part of tutorial), who got jumped by two better geared "grievers" previously. He returns back, and teaches these grievers a lesson. It's not shown in video, but then he invited others, who have been killed by those bullies and people looted those grievers.

Therefore it's just a matter of attitude - if you want to complain how unfair is the life, you'll always find the arguments for that. But if you'll at least make some attempt to stand your ground, you'll always find the the way.

Those who complain about unfairness and grieving will find out that they are grieved even in a totally non PvP environment, because someone will be better in farming resources, trading, crafting and again there will be shout over all the world "I am grieved" "those big boys don't let me be a center of the world while doing nothing for that!"

I am not a big fan of PvP myself, I always choose PvE servers over PvP, when there is such an option. I don't like neither justify grievers. But if you happened to buy a game, which clearly indicated that it contains open world PvP, then gather up and do something more, than complain and feed grievers with your tears (which is their goal if you did not know until now).

Gdemami[Deleted User]
    edited February 2021
    These are the Steam charts for Wild Terra 2

https://steamdb.info/app/1134700/

292 positive reviews with 185 negative reviews. 732 in game players according to that figure right now. No idea how popular it will get but all time peak was three days ago at 1530. 

https://steamdb.info/app/1134700/graphs/

It is a new game so it will pick up but I don't agree that these types of games don't need some type of rules because I believe that the number could be significantly higher if they put some in place for the new players.

Your argument that people who complain will complain in other games  even PvE ones too is a fair one and one I agree with especially considering the fair warning knowing that it is a FFA PvP game upon purchase. The problem isn't with the people buying the game and then complaining rather they not buying the game at all.

Improving some of the issues for new players can actually increase sales. Even games like EvE are constantly trying to keep new players in the game.

People don't actually spend their time crying and feeding grievers. They walk away and ask for a refund from Steam. 2 hours is more than enough time to be 'griefed' and to walk away and ask for a refund of the game. That should be something these developers need to address and one that will impact their bottom line.

This isn't about labels and getting tough and fighting back it is simply to increase the time a new player might have to acclimatize themselves to the game and giving them a fighting chance. If you disagree with that and the economics behind it then we can agree to disagree. 
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    edited February 2021

@Cheyane you are of course right.

Those PvP types often use words like "toughen up" or "fight back", which is hilarious when you obviously get one hit as a newbie, so yeah, fight back, you won't even dent his armor...

Back in 1996 there was little choice, and people put up with that kind of behavior in UO because if they wanted to play a MMORPG, there was no other quality alternative. But as soon as EQ1 and AC1 arrived with PvE servers, the UO devs had to patch in a PvE version of the game (Trammel) in order to stop the massive bleeding of players who were leaving in favor of the games that protected them for that antisocial behavior.

Being able to be ganked by some high level and looted dry as a low level who just entered the game is just BAD GAME DESIGN. All the PvP games which thrive have either PvE servers, or are protecting their newbies with various mechanics, ranging from the total inability to be attacked at low level (like WoW PvP servers) to high security areas where the reward for ganking newbies is not worth the huge risk of losing everything to some kind of police force (EvE's high sec areas).

If you would have watched a video I linked and which was just one post above your's you would have seen that a new player (couple hours in a game) can not only put a dent, but even totally put waste on a grievers.

But the problem is not in a game or in lack of welcoming conditions for new players - the real problem, is that people like you ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING even before they tried the game or at least spend some time watching video feed from it. Hard to have any discussions or disputes with people like that, as they know not the facts about the game, but from some ethereal limb which exists above everything else and is true... just because they decided it is :-)

If you want to discuss about this game, then at least watch the information you are provided.

On other hand if you are not interested in that information, if you hate games of similar setting and think that it is dead and has no chance, then serious question: what are you doing here and why do you waste your time on things that are dead anyway - don't you have better things to do?
    [Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

and it will have the exact same formula as failed WT1 and 2.........
    [Deleted User]cheyane
    edited February 2021
    Sorry if I don't believe that video - or at least not what you're trying to make it say ;)

And don't make assumptions... I've read the reviews on Steam of that game, reviews from people with PROVED game time as Steam says how many hours they have played, and the result is eloquent enough for me to have a quite good opinion of that game : just another gankfest.
    Put paid to the initial feigned disinterest in the topic when you come back with such vitriol no? I am not a big fan of  PvP, my foot.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited February 2021
    cheyane said:
    Sorry if I don't believe that video - or at least not what you're trying to make it say ;)

And don't make assumptions... I've read the reviews on Steam of that game, reviews from people with PROVED game time as Steam says how many hours they have played, and the result is eloquent enough for me to have a quite good opinion of that game : just another gankfest.
    Put paid to the initial feigned disinterest in the topic when you come back with such vitriol no? I am not a big fan of  PvP, my foot.

Not sure what that means to be honest (typo ?).

I'm usually watching the threads I've posted in to see if there have been interesting answer, or sometimes answers to me without quoting.

It's be nice if someday the PvP types would understand that with a little concessions, their games wouldn't die so fast and may build a stable population where PvE and PvP types can coexist - like in EvE for instance.

I personally find it sad each time an otherwise possibly interesting game is harmed by that kind of problems which are easily avoidable.
    Exactly the response to your post was with so much ire  that it was not from a person with no vested interest. The initial post in answer to the video I had posted feigned a mild interest and professed that he was not a big fan of PvP. However the response to your post was from a person who had a great deal of interest in the game.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains