Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Shows Off Loadouts in Fallout 76 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageBethesda Shows Off Loadouts in Fallout 76 | MMORPG.com

In this week's Inside the Vault, Bethesda shows off S.P.E.C.I.A.L. loadouts that are headed to the Public Test Server next week. Being able to create and save loadouts has been something that players have been asking for since the game released, and it seems Bethesda has been listening. Now they are delivering.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited January 2021
    Be careful Bethesda with all these "easy/QOL improvements." You're approaching Warcraft easy/freebie/handout levels now. Make sure there's a counter-effect or something to having multiple bases, some kind of daily fee or something.

Or you're gonna get like the WOTLK trainwreck with offering all those free levels/gimmicks. it's gonna greatly greatly speed up to "endgame content" which you are serverly lacking and so the dropoff is gonna be expotential the easier you make it.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Be careful Bethesda with all these "easy/QOL improvements." You're approaching Warcraft easy/freebie/handout levels now. Make sure there's a counter-effect or something to having multiple bases, some kind of daily fee or something.

Or you're gonna get like the WOTLK trainwreck with offering all those free levels/gimmicks.
    Well, the loadouts were needed for sure. Though it kind of seems like it might invalidate the perk or point allocation they came up with originally, and that sucks for people that reallocated points. 

The camps for sure can be used to farm scorchbeasts and more. It's a cool feature. 

But Bethesda is great at making every feature have its own built in "payment" scheme. It's called bugs. No matter how awesome these features are, they'll find a way to make it extremely buggy so half the time something won't work. 
    ZenJelly

Or you're gonna get like the WOTLK trainwreck with offering all those free levels/gimmicks.

Well, the loadouts were needed for sure. Though it kind of seems like it might invalidate the perk or point allocation they came up with originally, and that sucks for people that reallocated points. 

The camps for sure can be used to farm scorchbeasts and more. It's a cool feature. 

But Bethesda is great at making every feature have its own built in "payment" scheme. It's called bugs. No matter how awesome these features are, they'll find a way to make it extremely buggy so half the time something won't work. 

Talk about a beta response. You want the "bugs" to be the "payment scheme." Don't beat around the bush kid lol.

Talk about a beta response. You want the "bugs" to be the "payment scheme." Don't beat around the bush kid lol.
    Whether we want them or not they're going to be there. Might as well accept it. 

• peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176
    honestly this game is rather fun now considering the price point.
    [Deleted User]
    Torval said:

Or you're gonna get like the WOTLK trainwreck with offering all those free levels/gimmicks. it's gonna greatly greatly speed up to "endgame content" which you are serverly lacking and so the dropoff is gonna be expotential the easier you make it.

What a strange comment and completely off base (as in uninformed and disconnected from the reality of the game play).

Loadouts are wanted and requested because shifting around perk cards only slows down groups from accomplishing content. For example, last night my group wanted to do the daily OP. I'm specc'd full melee and needed to switch back to heavy gunner to suit the OP better. I needed to switch about 1/3 of my perk cards, and then pull my heavy guns out of the stash, along with ammo, then a gear check for repairs, and then buffing. Having a perk loadout manager would cut down on all the nonsense and also help ensure I didn't run the OP Hard Bargain, Super Duper, and with repair cards slotted. That happens a lot when people are trying to hurry and get ready to keep a group from waiting.

CAMP slots are also a godsend because it allows people to play together on the same server while still being able to place their CAMP. Only one CAMP can be placed at a time.

The idea that moving camps around is going to make farming anything easier is totally ridiculous. The Fallout 1st Tent already offers a free travel spot. Moving around the map and fast travelling is already a thing and easy and cheap. Moving camps to farm would be incredibly inefficient for no real gain. What? Are you going to save 15 - 30 caps in fast travel fees? That is absolutely nothing for a farming cost.

No free levels are being offered. It doesn't speed up endgame in any way at all. For one thing all "end game" events are public and already offer free travel to them. There are only 3 main end game events: Scorchbeast Queen, Earle, and Cryptid. All three can be fast traveled. You can already fast travel to a group member for free. Usually at least one group member is FO1st and can drop a tent anyway.

Absolutely nothing about these improvements makes tackling content easier at all. Like I said, your post comes across as completely uninformed ranting.
    Gotta disagree on some points. I know having multiple camp spots will help farming, it doesn't have to do with travel costs. For example, the camp spot I chose has two nodes for extractors, junk and lead. I know of several others that have spots for acid and other stuff that could be important, so right there you can already farm materials much more easily. 

Then there are spots right on the outskirts of SB Queen that you can place camps. It's not exactly a stretch to get SB Queen to head to your camp for a much easier kill.  

Then there are areas where nuke drops are fairly common, and placing a camp outside those areas would be really good for people looking for a safe space to farm and convert flux.

Saving travel fees isn't that big of a deal, no, but there are some reasons why you'd want to build multiple camps in multiple spots.

Really glad to see loadouts though.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torval said:

What a strange comment and completely off base (as in uninformed and disconnected from the reality of the game play).

Loadouts are wanted and requested because shifting around perk cards only slows down groups from accomplishing content. For example, last night my group wanted to do the daily OP. I'm specc'd full melee and needed to switch back to heavy gunner to suit the OP better. I needed to switch about 1/3 of my perk cards, and then pull my heavy guns out of the stash, along with ammo, then a gear check for repairs, and then buffing. Having a perk loadout manager would cut down on all the nonsense and also help ensure I didn't run the OP Hard Bargain, Super Duper, and with repair cards slotted. That happens a lot when people are trying to hurry and get ready to keep a group from waiting.

CAMP slots are also a godsend because it allows people to play together on the same server while still being able to place their CAMP. Only one CAMP can be placed at a time.

The idea that moving camps around is going to make farming anything easier is totally ridiculous. The Fallout 1st Tent already offers a free travel spot. Moving around the map and fast travelling is already a thing and easy and cheap. Moving camps to farm would be incredibly inefficient for no real gain. What? Are you going to save 15 - 30 caps in fast travel fees? That is absolutely nothing for a farming cost.

No free levels are being offered. It doesn't speed up endgame in any way at all. For one thing all "end game" events are public and already offer free travel to them. There are only 3 main end game events: Scorchbeast Queen, Earle, and Cryptid. All three can be fast traveled. You can already fast travel to a group member for free. Usually at least one group member is FO1st and can drop a tent anyway.

Absolutely nothing about these improvements makes tackling content easier at all. Like I said, your post comes across as completely uninformed ranting.
    Gotta disagree on some points. I know having multiple camp spots will help farming, it doesn't have to do with travel costs. For example, the camp spot I chose has two nodes for extractors, junk and lead. I know of several others that have spots for acid and other stuff that could be important, so right there you can already farm materials much more easily. 

Then there are spots right on the outskirts of SB Queen that you can place camps. It's not exactly a stretch to get SB Queen to head to your camp for a much easier kill.  

Then there are areas where nuke drops are fairly common, and placing a camp outside those areas would be really good for people looking for a safe space to farm and convert flux.

Saving travel fees isn't that big of a deal, no, but there are some reasons why you'd want to build multiple camps in multiple spots.

Far better ways to farm crafting mats than resource extractors, Lucky Hole mine for lead and pro tip, Fascnacht is coming back, you can server hop and farm honeybee hives at the beekeeper and gather boatloads of acid.  I've got over 19K banked from previous events, probably will gather another 5K this time around.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited January 2021
    Yes, you found your gimmick. That's really all gaming is now days. Not really about skill because few if any games have a death thing now. It's pure touchy feely gameplay across the entire game spectrum now.

In a game where it takes up to around 30 mats for a single item, imagine what we think of you when you proclaim to be sitting on 19k of said item.

You found your gimmick. Nothing bad about that it's just your lifestyle. I bet you're banking on the idea that if they bring new items/content to the game it'll be a free ride for you because you already at 19k as is a lot of people. You've probably sold 20k pure waters too lmao. I'm not hating but I'm showing you what we see.
    Kyleran
    Yes, you found your gimmick. That's really all gaming is now days. Not really about skill because few if any games have a death thing now. It's pure touchy feely gameplay across the entire game spectrum now.

In a game where it takes up to around 30 mats for a single item, imagine what we think of you when you proclaim to be sitting on 19k of said item.

You found your gimmick. Nothing bad about that it's just your lifestyle. I bet you're banking on the idea that if they bring new items/content to the game it'll be a free ride for you because you already at 19k as is a lot of people. You've probably sold 20k pure waters too lmao. I'm not hating but I'm showing you what we see.
    I make .50 cal ammo in 200K lots, so I need a lot of acid to refine a bunch of lead and gunpowder to make it all, and I hate being short.

Definitely sold that much water back in the day when I had 30 or so water purifiers, not a gimmick all just part of playing the game efficiently.
    [Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

Far better ways to farm crafting mats than resource extractors, Lucky Hole mine for lead and pro tip, Fascnacht is coming back, you can server hop and farm honeybee hives at the beekeeper and gather boatloads of acid.  I've got over 19K banked from previous events, probably will gather another 5K this time around.
    That's just it, if you want that stuff you have to farm for it, with extractors, you don't. You can do whatever you want and you still earn whatever during your play session.  Extractors appear to be under rated.

People don't seem to understand how awesome some extractors really are. It takes like 15 minutes to nab a few workshops for what I want, and I can bank over 200 of just about anything every hour, with the exception of maybe power cores. Being able to swap camps might not change that much but it could help change what I'm earning more of without having to farm it. 

And SB Queen is way easier when you build a base. You can farm her all day with far fewer people. You don't have to worry about people dropping nukes on your building.. 90% of the time, people don't fight SBQ in radiation anyways - and if you're dropping the nukes you choose where it goes. There are a few videos on YT of people creating bases for SB queen fights. If I want to run with 2 friends on a private server and farm SB queen all day, now I can without sacrificing my other camp.

Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

That's just it, if you want that stuff you have to farm for it, with extractors, you don't. You can do whatever you want and you still earn whatever during your play session.  Extractors appear to be under rated.

People don't seem to understand how awesome some extractors really are. It takes like 15 minutes to nab a few workshops for what I want, and I can bank over 200 of just about anything every hour, with the exception of maybe power cores. Being able to swap camps might not change that much but it could help change what I'm earning more of without having to farm it. 

And SB Queen is way easier when you build a base. You can farm her all day with far fewer people. You don't have to worry about people dropping nukes on your building.. 90% of the time, people don't fight SBQ in radiation anyways - and if you're dropping the nukes you choose where it goes. There are a few videos on YT of people creating bases for SB queen fights. If I want to run with 2 friends on a private server and farm SB queen all day, now I can without sacrificing my other camp.
    My first question would be is to what real benefit is all this farming, for me gathering resources is based more on convenience or opportunity rather than deliberate action.

Farming the Queen all day with two friends on a private server? Can't think of anything more tedious and futile, especially considering the low drop rates for the really valuable legendaries.

Also, if two or three people can easily farm a Scorch Queen let's just say I seriously question the legitimacy of their weapons or their integrity regarding keeping within the rules.

Back to resource generators, I used to farm them on my private server, like you I just took multiple work shops with the best resources and gathering every 20 minutes for days in a row.

Grew old very fast being a slave to the machine which is what your approach means, great if all you play for is to gather and maybe trade resources outside of the game (another sketchy activity in my book) but definitely isn't why I play the game.

Kyleran said:

My first question would be is to what real benefit is all this farming, for me gathering resources is based more on convenience or opportunity rather than deliberate action.

Farming the Queen all day with two friends on a private server? Can't think of anything more tedious and futile, especially considering the low drop rates for the really valuable legendaries.

Also, if two or three people can easily farm a Scorch Queen let's just say I seriously question the legitimacy of their weapons or their integrity regarding keeping within the rules.

Back to resource generators, I used to farm them on my private server, like you I just took multiple work shops with the best resources and gathering every 20 minutes for days in a row.

Grew old very fast being a slave to the machine which is what your approach means, great if all you play for is to gather and maybe trade resources outside of the game (another sketchy activity in my book) but definitely isn't why I play the game.

You don't need to gather every 20 minutes, you gather when you remember in between everything else. The point is, you don't have to farm anything specific to benefit from extractors. You can get power cored, ammo, a whole bunch of stuff, and even if you only collect it once every half hour or even an hour, you benefit with no real issues. 

The main factor when collecting or moving from point to point, and the time it takes to gather boils down to load times. With the right hardware it doesn't take long at all to collect when you have a moment of downtime. 

As for legendaries and SBQ, all you need are a few good heavy gunners, a decent number of turrets up top, and plenty of ammo and you're good to go. In regular circumstances people have duod SBQ, and I can solo encryptid so having a base with turrets to protect you and deal consistent aerial damage isn't out of the question.  

As for whether it's worth it... kinda hard to say. It's almost like asking "whats the point of farming anything?" I never run out of materials as it is, and the only thing that I seem to run low on is violet flux and some times crimson. 

I'm not saying that everyone is suddenly going to use bases to farm stuff, I'm just saying, at least for me, I'm going to play around with building a combat specific base for events. If it works out, it's going to be awesome, if not, that's okay too.

• amithistamithist Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I am ecstatic about the load outs. I can't count the number of times I forgot to go back in and swap things back. The increased storage also a big bonus (especially for us pack rats). Being able to swap points will make it easier to try different builds to find what you like rather then spending multiple levels to change it over or starting a new toon. I have gotten use to using VATS as an aim assist but with my disability it would let me play longer. Multiple camps will allow for some great CAMP builds. Batch crafting will also be very helpful. I am not about the end game so whether it's quicker to reach it or not doesn't really effect me.

Though I wasn't really happy about the change with food/drink. It brought down the 4th wall for me. I actually found it fun to find new recipes and search out the ingredients. Now it is just like "oh yeah a recipe"
    Kyleran