Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online's Next Chapter is Blackwood, Launches June 1 on PC and June 8 on Console | MMOR

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online's Next Chapter is Blackwood, Launches June 1 on PC and June 8 on Console | MMORPG.com

Zenimax Online has just unveiled Blackwood, the next chapter in Elder Scrolls Online as part of their Gates of Oblivion year-long adventure.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited January 2021
    They are redoing the Champion Points system tomorrow as well. Up to 3600 CP now.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    THE best MMO on the market and it keeps getting better, I love the new CP system it looks fun
    [Deleted User]Alomar
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Another DLC disguised and priced as an expansion....and more things to put in the cash shop. So done being suckered by these clowns lol. Y'all enjoy....
    BanegrivmFrodoFragins[Deleted User]AlomarNecroma
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited January 2021
    Tiller said:
    They are redoing the Champion Points system tomorrow as well. Up to 3600 CP now.
    That's not the big change. The change is that you can no longer use all available passives. You now need to choose a maximum of 12 out of the 36 to use.

So although the max CPs will be 3600 you only really need 1200 to max your build. Anything above that is convenience and doesn't make you more powerful. It just gives you the ability to swap out which 12 of the 36 you use without needing to respec.
    [Deleted User]ScottJeslisAlomar
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited January 2021

Iselin said:

Tiller said:

That's not the big change. The change is that you can no longer use all available passives. You now need to choose a maximum of 12 out of the 36 to use.

So although the max CPs will be 3600 you only really need 1200 to max your build. Anything above that is convenience and doesn't make you more powerful. It just gives you the ability to swap out which 12 of the 36 you use without needing to respec.

aye...They figured it would cut down on server side lag with less info being passed back and forth per action.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Tiller said:

Iselin said:

Tiller said:

aye...They figured it would cut down on server side lag with less info being passed back and forth per action.
    Speaking of server side lag, they also announced they're upgrading all their server HW... we'll see how that goes :)
    ScottJeslis
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Tiller said:

Iselin said:

Tiller said:

Speaking of server side lag, they also announced they're upgrading all their server HW... we'll see how that goes :)

Yeah caught that as well. Been same HW since 2014 lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    We are also getting companions and that's interesting. naming mine Stuck-In-Doors LOL

haha Interested in how they are going to work? Im sure you can't use em for PVP.. but trials? Interesting. It's pretty cool that you can pick their abilities and how they look. 
    [Deleted User]ScottJeslis
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

klash2def said:

We are also getting companions and that's interesting. naming mine Stuck-In-Doors LOL

haha Interested in how they are going to work? Im sure you can't use em for PVP.. but trials? Interesting. It's pretty cool that you can pick their abilities and how they look. 

Whoa we are? color me intrigued.

[Deleted User]foppotee
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:

klash2def said:

It's like a GW1 revival! :)

You can also gear them up so it sounds like a pretty good companion system.

Sovrath[Deleted User]foppotee

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    I love ESO but sadly it'll be just like all the other "Chapters" where you can complete the storyline in a day or two, explore and complete all delves, open world dungeon and side quests and then be done with it. They really need to invent something new to add. It's rinse and repeat time and time again unfortunately. With all the resources they have, you think they could do better but it might just come down to lack of creativity
    Viper482TillerAlomarfoppoteeMikeJezZ
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited January 2021
    nm

Tiller said:

Iselin said:

Tiller said:

Not sure how when No-CP Cyrodiil is just as laggy as normal when all pops are locked.
    Alomar

I love ESO but sadly it'll be just like all the other "Chapters" where you can complete the storyline in a day or two, explore and complete all delves, open world dungeon and side quests and then be done with it. They really need to invent something new to add. It's rinse and repeat time and time again unfortunately. With all the resources they have, you think they could do better but it might just come down to lack of creativity

This is all they do now, sell you a zone with a watered down story and focus on cash shop items to sell. I can't believe this is still so popular, the quality has gone way down.
    [Deleted User]AlomarGorweFrodoFragins
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    klash2def said:

Hope the companions are more than window dressing...like they can actually heal, tank, fight....even to a fraction of what a player can do it could get me back to try it out.  
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    When will loot crates we removed...can not stand them....
    AlomarValdheim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    templarga said:

Sovrath said:

klash2def said:

Regarding companions, this is the most imformative article I have found so far. I do think they will have more to them than just followers:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-online/skyrim-companions I posted this while MMORPG was posting theirs so that article is good too. :)
    Thanks, good article. While playing with people is a bit more fun in an mmorpg, there is no immersion.

I like the idea of a companion of some sort to help out.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    I really don't like ESO. I have tried to like it multiple times, but...it's just too weird to me. I prefer something simple to use(like AMEs from SWTOR) while gearing and leveling and it's just not there in ESO(not without joining crafting guilds). And the combat...combat is dreadfully dull. I mean, in theory it should be good, but in practice you just spam the same things over and over.

ESO has been one of my biggest disappointments, right after GW 2.
    TheAmir said:

Gorwe said:

I really don't like ESO. I have tried to like it multiple times, but...it's just too weird to me. I prefer something simple to use(like AMEs from SWTOR) while gearing and leveling and it's just not there in ESO(not without joining crafting guilds). And the combat...combat is dreadfully dull. I mean, in theory it should be good, but in practice you just spam the same things over and over.

Same. I've tried it 3 or 4 times and just completely get bored by the combat. Lack of a real AH is also a stupid idea; I don't want to have to join a guild AND pay those people money -just- so we might have a chance to buy a trader in a town and actually sell something. It's beyond -stupid-
    In the end it's just weird to me. Sure, the combat does have its moments and the entire art side is very nicely pulled off, but...there are also weird decisions I'll never understand. Guild system and the entire gearing system are my biggest hurdles. It's not like in a lot of other MMOs where there are reputation systems or vendors that give you equipment you need to fully experience the game, no. You have to join a guild, beyond stupid. Oh and the way how NPCs talk to you while others are literally jumping in the background...they should've really copied SWTOR here.

As I said, in the end it's unfortunately just too weird to me. And it's a shame because it is such a beautiful game.
    Gorwe said:
    TheAmir said:

Gorwe said:

Same. I've tried it 3 or 4 times and just completely get bored by the combat. Lack of a real AH is also a stupid idea; I don't want to have to join a guild AND pay those people money -just- so we might have a chance to buy a trader in a town and actually sell something. It's beyond -stupid-
    In the end it's just weird to me. Sure, the combat does have its moments and the entire art side is very nicely pulled off, but...there are also weird decisions I'll never understand. Guild system and the entire gearing system are my biggest hurdles. It's not like in a lot of other MMOs where there are reputation systems or vendors that give you equipment you need to fully experience the game, no. You have to join a guild, beyond stupid. Oh and the way how NPCs talk to you while others are literally jumping in the background...they should've really copied SWTOR here.

As I said, in the end it's unfortunately just too weird to me. And it's a shame because it is such a beautiful game.
    I'm not a fan of the guild vendor system either. I'd much rather have an AH too, but you actually don't need it to gear up. You only need it to make more gold than you would ever spend if that's your thing.

The best gear is either crafted which anyone can craft or bind on pick up that can't be sold through the gear vendors. You get that best BOP gear in group dungeons and trials. Grouping is the only thing required for that.

The only gear sold at the guild vendors is the stuff that everyone can collect in overland solo game play. Some of that is not really all that bad either compared to BIS gear from trials and since anyone can grind it it also sells pretty cheap.

Crafting the best stuff is all about going to the crafting locations in the world where that particular set you're interested in can be made. All of those locations are accessible solo somewhere in the world. You can also max all the crafts yourself, even on one character if you want, so that's not a reason you'd need to join a guild either.

You know what actually sells best and is the most expensive to buy in those guild stores? Motif style pages which are the things that give your gear a particular look. A lot of people in ESO go crazy over that stuff and it's also why all of their yearly events have style pages as the main reward for doing the event.

Keeping up with the Jones by using the latest look on my gear is not something that has ever interested me in MMOs so for me it's perfectly viable to be 100% self-sufficient for all my gearing needs.

Guild vendors are convenient to buy that one missing piece to complete your overland set or food, potions and piosons if you don't feel like grinding or crafting but it's honestly totally optional if you don't want to deal with it.

I'm not trying to talk you into playing it. Just correcting the misconception you seem to have about needing to use the guild vendor system.
    Gorwe

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Gorwe said:
    TheAmir said:

Gorwe said:

I'm not a fan of the guild vendor system either. I'd much rather have an AH too, but you actually don't need it to gear up. You only need it to make more gold than you would ever spend if that's your thing.

The best gear is either crafted which anyone can craft or bind on pick up that can't be sold through the gear vendors. You get that best BOP gear in group dungeons and trials. Grouping is the only thing required for that.

The only gear sold at the guild vendors is the stuff that everyone can collect in overland solo game play. Some of that is not really all that bad either compared to BIS gear from trials and since anyone can grind it it also sells pretty cheap.

Crafting the best stuff is all about going to the crafting locations in the world where that particular set you're interested in can be made. All of those locations are accessible solo somewhere in the world. You can also max all the crafts yourself, even on one character if you want, so that's not a reason you'd need to join a guild either.

You know what actually sells best and is the most expensive to buy in those guild stores? Motif style pages which are the things that give your gear a particular look. A lot of people in ESO go crazy over that stuff and it's also why all of their yearly events have style pages as the main reward for doing the event.

Keeping up with the Jones by using the latest look on my gear is not something that has ever interested me in MMOs so for me it's perfectly viable to be 100% self-sufficient for all my gearing needs.

Guild vendors are convenient to buy that one missing piece to complete your overland set or food, potions and piosons if you don't feel like grinding or crafting but it's honestly totally optional if you don't want to deal with it.

I'm not trying to talk you into playing it. Just correcting the misconception you seem to have about needing to use the guild vendor system.
    I know I don't need to. I just prefer your typical Reputations or, even better, how SWTOR does it via AMEs(and orange gear). It's purely a personal preference.
    @Torval,

It is definitely all MMOs and I'd go even further and I would say all games while they're still in the active development stage - for the first year or two before the "GOTY" or "definitive edition" comes out.

MMOs are worse but that's just because they never end that developmental cycle. If you're out or a year or two there's tons to relearn including the basics.

[Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

klash2def said:

THE best MMO on the market and it keeps getting better, I love the new CP system it looks fun

You should try some other mmorpg,this seems to be your first.

Eso has the absolute weakest combat of all mmos, and that's not a positive thing.

Floaty animations, combat with zero response, console dumped down combat, no real end game. Servers running like shit, stupid cancel animation, a new update, hundreds of new bugs. EU server down the first 24 hours when there's a patch.

I come back from time to time when something new gets released, but I vanish just as quick as I came back.

The game would be dead if it wasn't on console. You can thank the lack of mmos on console for that.