Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile Game Blade & Soul Revolution is Headed Worldwide This Year | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageMobile Game Blade & Soul Revolution is Headed Worldwide This Year | MMORPG.com

Mobile MMORPG's are rising in popularity, but finding a great Mobile MMORPG seems to be tougher than expected. Netmarble has announced that Blade & Soul Revolution will be headed west, and it seems to be a contender as it has had stints of high grossing quarters in South Korea over the past few years.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2021
    Gaming on mobile is like going to a live sporting event and sitting behind a pole.
    Morfo2

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Wizardry said:
    Gaming on mobile is like going to a live sporting event and sitting behind a pole.

This "could" be a generational thing. I remember someone on this site touting watching movies on a phone and thought watching them on a large screen TV was antiquated.

I've seen other "younger" people in my company watching movies on a phone.

I can't even relate to that as I personally want the largest screen I can fit into the space for such a thing.

So for games on a phone, it could be just that younger people are so used to the smaller, take it anywhere, functionality that it's just a normal part of how they do things.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Sovrath said:
    Wizardry said:

This "could" be a generational thing. I remember someone on this site touting watching movies on a phone and thought watching them on a large screen TV was antiquated.

I can't even relate to that as I personally want the largest screen I can fit into the space for such a thing.

So for games on a phone, it could be just that younger people are so used to the smaller, take it anywhere, functionality that it's just a normal part of how they do things.

Maybe... but, I think mobile does a lot right, the games don't always keep up. But being able to play anywhere has been going on since the Gameboy, so it's hard to consider this a younger generation fad. 

It's really how the games are laid out. It's why genshin impact is so popular.  It requires that you play the game. Most mobile games don't.  I don't feel like screen size is what limits the mobile platform,  especially with fold out phones becoming more common place.

it's just that the touchscreens and general controls haven't been worked out in an appealing way for some of us older gamers, or at least.. I dislike but still play mobile games, despite the wonky touch controls.
    SovrathDryxaline

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    "So for games on a phone, it could be just that younger people are so used to the smaller, take it anywhere, functionality that it's just a normal part of how they do things."

I remember when my niece and nephew got gameboys one year and thinking "how could anyone enjoy playing on that timy little screen?" I always felt moe immersed playing on  a bigger monitor. I never did the handhelds and don't do mobile gaming either. Even a 10" tablet is too small for my tastes.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2021
    Maybe it is a generational thing now. Just look at microtransactions. I bet you could anyone born in the 2000s if they ever remember a time of games not having them. Just like those, mobile gaming isn't going anywhere. Btw NCSoft, how's the transition to UE4 for BnS going....?
  • TheAsianVillainTheAsianVillain Member UncommonPosts: 85

Sovrath said:

Wizardry said:

I believe you missed the entire point.
  • Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290
    edited January 2021

Albatroes said:

Btw NCSoft, how's the transition to UE4 for BnS going....?

From what I remember, it came out in Korea a ways back, and turned out to essentially make the PC version play like one of their mobile versions of the game, so a lot of people weren't happy.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Probably a great idea to invest in eyeglass stocks, 5 to 10 years 90% of the youth will need them.

My boys use the phone far more than i but not as much as others i hear about, example we were watching MDI on the weekend, soon as the match is done they hit their phones for a few minutes then come back to earth lol. One plays games a little but in a pretty much disposable way, as in not overly invested in it. They game on PC"s, still hope for the youth of today.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L