Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye-Bye Life is Feudal and Hello More Genshin Impact Resin in This Week's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageBye-Bye Life is Feudal and Hello More Genshin Impact Resin in This Week's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

If you have 5 minutes, we have 5 articles that might interest you. Find out what happened over the past week, in 5 minutes or less.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    Gamers in Albion Online using stolen credit cards for third party real money transactions, that is MMOs as a criminal business.

Genshin Impact, make a big enough new game in terms of money being spent on it and developers sneezing will make the next This Weeks Quick Five. Sigh.

Life is Feudal Unleased/Reborn/Unchained etc is on its way soon.

DC Heroes, the comics your dad used to read, sorry but in all the years since Marvel got going they have been in second place.

maskedweasel
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Scot said:
    Gamers in Albion Online using stolen credit cards for third party real money transactions, that is MMOs as a criminal business.

Genshin Impact, make a big enough new game in terms of money being spent on it and developers sneezing will make the next This Weeks Quick Five. Sigh.

DC Heroes, the comics your dad used to read, sorry but in all the years since Marvel got going they have been in second place.

Even when DCUO launched 10 years ago it still felt like DC was in second place. I feel like the only IP that gets any respect anymore from DC is Batman, and cinematically the previous Batman trilogy and the one off film Joker - which would be hard pressed to be considered a real "superhero" film - were any good at all. 

They've had some long running shows, and some great cartoons over the years.. but they are all overshadowed by Marvel and an overall film universe that connects really well. 

But DCUO was at one time a really good game. I don't know how well it turned out. It's hard getting back into it. Every time I've logged on in the past few years, the cities are deserted. Such a shame because that was the best part of the game.
    Scot

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    I'm confused, I thought I saw that gaming website: HumbleBundle selling this Life is Feudal in 1 of their bundles just a day or two ago. Maybe I read the title incorrectly or it is another game.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:

We’re going to have a fight Scot. Although DC isn’t all that great I think Marvel has been absolutely atrocious over the past few years. “Hits” like Weapon H and the same old, same old retconning of just about every real hero has completely ruined their library. Except for Immortal Hulk (which started great and then went downhill) and the exceptional Planet Hulk I haven’t read anything worthwhile from Marvel in ages. At least DC introduced The Batman Who Laughs....

Meanwhile, Image amazed me with Invincible and their newer series Ice Cream Man, Nailbiter, Manifest Destiny etc. And when broken free from the big two (Marvel/DC) I was also introduced to the amazing Locke and Key by IDW and the brilliant The Last Man on Earth published by Vertigo (ironically being part of DCs ‘Black Label’).

Lots of great stuff out there, Marvel and DC aren’t bringing it though. Unless you want to recommend Gwenpool or something. In which case I will kindly point at the exit.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

Rhoklaw said:

foppotee said:

I'm confused, I thought I saw that gaming website: HumbleBundle selling this Life is Feudal in 1 of their bundles just a day or two ago. Maybe I read the title incorrectly or it is another game.

Life is Feudal: Your Own? or Life is Feudal: MMO? The MMO is the one that shut down.

I went back to that HumbleBundle site & I re-looked at it & it is indeed Life Is Feudal: Your Own.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    edited January 2021
    lahnmir said:
    Scot said:

We’re going to have a fight Scot. Although DC isn’t all that great I think Marvel has been absolutely atrocious over the past few years. “Hits” like Weapon H and the same old, same old retconning of just about every real hero has completely ruined their library. Except for Immortal Hulk (which started great and then went downhill) and the exceptional Planet Hulk I haven’t read anything worthwhile from Marvel in ages. At least DC introduced The Batman Who Laughs....

Meanwhile, Image amazed me with Invincible and their newer series Ice Cream Man, Nailbiter, Manifest Destiny etc. And when broken free from the big two (Marvel/DC) I was also introduced to the amazing Locke and Key by IDW and the brilliant The Last Man on Earth published by Vertigo (ironically being part of DCs ‘Black Label’).

Lots of great stuff out there, Marvel and DC aren’t bringing it though. Unless you want to recommend Gwenpool or something. In which case I will kindly point at the exit.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Your knowledge of what is going on currently in the comicverse is far better than mine. I think the move to films has stifled Marvel creativity somewhat as its eye seems to have gone of the comics as they look to the films more. But Marvel is still a lot stronger than DC. I have always been an advocate of the independents though it has been way too long since I bought a physical comic. The Mage series was probably my first long running indie series though I had dipped in before. There is a lot of great comics outside of the big two for sure, so we are going to have to find something else for me to call you outside than this one. :)
    lahnmir
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Frankly Marvel and DC are getting their butts handed to them by Manga and Indies.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Horusra said:
    Frankly Marvel and DC are getting their butts handed to them by Manga and Indies.
    That's kind of funny. Manga isn't a single entity, it encompasses a lot of different publishers. Marvel also publishes some Manga books. 

Manga has become more popular worldwide, but most of it is as awful as half the books in Marvel, DC and Image. 

Indies aren't handing Marvel or DC "their butts" either. The vast majority of them never break through.