Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortnite Follies: How The Allure Of Epic's Hit Was Too Much To Pass Up | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageFortnite Follies: How The Allure Of Epic's Hit Was Too Much To Pass Up | MMORPG.com

Jason has been playing Fortnite, a game that while he first played it back in 2018, didn't really grip him. Now, though, the recent Mandalorian season sunk its Battle Royale teeth in him. Jason breaks down why he thinks that is, and some thoughts on the global hit in general.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    edited January 2021
    Never did. Never will. I was excited for the PVE element but then they copied pubg 1 to 1. And I hate pubg.

But I'm a minority, ok, I can live with that.
    SandmanjwGinaz[Deleted User]Gdemami

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Fortnite, cannot say I enjoyed it at all. Tried it out over a weeks time and kicked that garbage to the delete bin. 

Mandalorian, good show. I've enjoyed both seasons so far. It can be a little repetitive, everyone he meets needs something done in order to give him what he needs. Like quest givers almost. Overall its worth the watch IMO.  
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

remsleep said:

Spiider said:

Never did. Never will. I was excited for the PVE element but then they copied pubg 1 to 1. And I hate pubg.

But I'm a minority, ok, I can live with that.

Also shame on Epic for announcing that the PvE "Save the World" would be free to play after the massive success of Battle Royale - and here we are years later - and Save the World still costs like $40-$60 depending on which edition you get.

The problem with greed is no matter how much money you have - it's never enough

Thought they abandoned it, because they sure did once BR hit the front.
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Epic games came out with Unreal in 98 and UT99 right about when DSL /cable was just becoming a household item.I was there front and center playing their games along with Carmack's Quake.

Point being if FN had ANY allure at all,i would be in there playing.
    I don't like the BR idea nor do i like the gameplay of FN,i find it to be very silly.I also don't like these games utilizing cash shops either.

If they are going to pull in a few hundred million a year from the cash shop they had better come up with a LOT of free maps, one every month.They should also run a ladder or tournament system for prize money,give SOMETHING back to the community that is making them filthy rich for such little effort.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    boris20 said:
    Fortnite, cannot say I enjoyed it at all. Tried it out over a weeks time and kicked that garbage to the delete bin. 

Mandalorian, good show. I've enjoyed both seasons so far. It can be a little repetitive, everyone he meets needs something done in order to give him what he needs. Like quest givers almost. Overall its worth the watch IMO.  

Games like Fortnite baffle me....I just don't see the appeal....I wouldn't have invested a dollar in it if I was given the opportunity before it made it billions....it just shows we really have no idea what will be a big seller and what will not. I almost think someone could make a game with a stick figure doing the hokey pokey and make millions.
    Gdemami