Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Safe, steady SWG Emulator?

2»

Comments

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Senan said:
    I really wanted to like this game but man, the combat pretty much ruined it for me.  every fight was the same simple rotation, over and over again.  
    Isn't that pretty standard for most games?  I've got a commando and it's just the same attacks over and over as the cool down clears, but that's just how it plays.   I also play LotRO as a warden and that combat is a kin to typing the same letters over and over again.

Might I suggest Age of Conan melee or even pvp there since you might find it more exciting.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• xybervirixyberviri Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Nebless said:
    Senan said:
    I really wanted to like this game but man, the combat pretty much ruined it for me.  every fight was the same simple rotation, over and over again.  
    Isn't that pretty standard for most games?  I've got a commando and it's just the same attacks over and over as the cool down clears, but that's just how it plays.
    Thats because thats NGE, PreCU you had 250 skill points you could spend on mixed professions. so while you might be a bounty hunter you could also spec into carbiner and have a bunch of carbine specific skills, you could also train into pistoler and then stack skills from there on top of your bounty hunter pistol.

Yeah the system was imbalanced because you could stack a lot of skills of a specific type, but soe got lazy and just gave up, then they got lazy and gave up again and threw everything out so ever profession was just a cookie cutter.

Man honestly pre cu was solid, i was sad the day soe decided to move away from it. Honestly it was because of the jedi the game would have been so much better with out the holo grind unlocking...

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited August 2020
    I might download and a give it a go, always heard about SWG.  Figured it's on my MMORPG bucket list to give it a try.

Is their open world pvp?  Or is it like battlegrounds?
    Vermillion_Raventhal
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited October 2020
    I might download and a give it a go, always heard about SWG.  Figured it's on my MMORPG bucket list to give it a try.

Is their open world pvp?  Or is it like battlegrounds?
    Both.   

You can set yourself to always be in a Pvp state and will be able to attack others that are the same / be attacked by others.  So Open World.

They also have certain cities that 'get invaded' on a schedule and you can go there and either do PvE for / against or go Pvp for / against.

There are also some battleground arena's scattered about, but on the whole I don't think they get alot of use.

Up in space it's pretty much the same set up plus they have one whole 'map' where you go Pvp active if there.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Fritz123Fritz123 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Sunrunner 2 isn't bad. The community is better than Bas and they have additional content. There also aren't as many people afk'ing end game stuff all the time.

I don't play the emu anymore. I played pre-cu and gave the emu a try for a little while, but I just don't think it will ever compare to live. There is no real pvp and the macro abuse is pretty game-breaking. The community was really great when I played on live as well.. just don't think I will ever find anything similar in a mmo these days.
  • fleaflufleaflu Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I've been playing heavily on a daily basis on swgprophecy nge server. Very stable, no discs required. Customer service is great. A very friendly and helpful server base.
    NGE style with Witches of Dathomir , Jedi Elder Robes, Jump to Lightspeed, heroics, etc.
    Many quality of life things, special staff sponsored events, new player give aways, free level 90 boost and a free level 50 boost.
    No lag. Stable server. Professionally run with Discord and web site.