Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to play?

GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
edited December 2020 in General Gaming
I've had enough of Nioh for some time. Yes, you heard that right, there is such a thing as excess and one should not tread down there ; it often spoils what came before. Plus, Nodachi really did some epic, heroic work! And I want the very best emotional resonance for Tonfa, something I am not certain is present right now(2+ months of consecutive play...).

So...what exactly should I play? Seeing how I am planning another, final Nioh playthrough and that there is Nioh 2 closing in...I thought that I should play something entirely different. Code Vein is very interesting, but that's too similar. Maybe Geheimnisnacht CK2 or AoE or C&C? Maybe some RPGs?

What do you think?

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Gorwe said:
    Maybe Geheimnisnacht CK2 or AoE or C&C? Maybe some RPGs?
    How about something totally unexpected, I dunno, like.. <glance up at the address bar>  an MMORPG mayhaps?
    :)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Po_gg said:
    Gorwe said:
    How about something totally unexpected, I dunno, like.. <glance up at the address bar>  an MMORPG mayhaps?

Because this is the General Gaming forum. B)

@Gorwe: Not sure what your Initialisms stand for (CK2?/AoE means area of effect to me and C&C is command and conquer!)

However, I very much like Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I've been playing an old game, Hexen II, and slowly making my way through Cyberpunk (if you don't like or can't tolerate "issues" then don't play it)

Have you ever played Dragon's Dogma? I recommend that. If you can do old games then Vampire the Masquerade or Undying.

Styx is an interesting one if you like stealth games. Mortal Shell is a beautiful game if you like "Souls-like" games.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Sovrath said:
    Po_gg said:
    Gorwe said:

@Gorwe: Not sure what your Initialisms stand for (CK2?/AoE means area of effect to me and C&C is command and conquer!)

However, I very much like Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I've been playing an old game, Hexen II, and slowly making my way through Cyberpunk (if you don't like or can't tolerate "issues" then don't play it)

Have you ever played Dragon's Dogma? I recommend that. If you can do old games then Vampire the Masquerade or Undying.

Styx is an interesting one if you like stealth games. Mortal Shell is a beautiful game if you like "Souls-like" games.
    CK = Crusader Kings(Geheimnis is a Warhammer mod for it) and AoE = Age of Empires. Didn't spell it out because it seemed obvious to me. Oh well.

Dogma is such a good game(...master...shut UP Caxton!), but I don't feel like it right now. And I'm on a souls-like pause until ~mid Feb or so. That's why I'm asking for opinions on different games.

Also, maybe some aRPG? There are some I should play like Shadows: Awakening etc.
    Sovrath
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Po_gg said:
    Gorwe said:

CK = Crusader Kings(Geheimnis is a Warhammer mod for it) and AoE = Age of Empires. Didn't spell it out because it seemed obvious to me. Oh well.

Dogma is such a good game(...master...shut UP Caxton!), but I don't feel like it right now. And I'm on a souls-like pause until ~mid Feb or so. That's why I'm asking for opinions on different games.

Also, maybe some aRPG? There are some I should play like Shadows: Awakening etc.

Tainted Grail

Hand of Merlin

Approaching Infinity

Heat Signature

Sword Legacy Omen

All games under the radar of most and well done each of them , a couple in EA but are in great shape with plenty of fleshed out gameplay
    Gorwe
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Po_gg said:
    Gorwe said:

Can you do horror?

I recommend Song of Horror.

Also Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 (electric boogaloo ...)

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Po_gg said:
    Gorwe said:

Can you do horror?

I recommend Song of Horror.

Also Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 (electric boogaloo ...)

BFGA 2? How is it?

Also, does anyone have any experience with Iron Harvest?
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    edited December 2020
    Gorwe said:
    I've had enough of Nioh for some time. Yes, you heard that right, there is such a thing as excess and one should not tread down there ; it often spoils what came before. Plus, Nodachi really did some epic, heroic work! And I want the very best emotional resonance for Tonfa, something I am not certain is present right now(2+ months of consecutive play...).

So...what exactly should I play? Seeing how I am planning another, final Nioh playthrough and that there is Nioh 2 closing in...I thought that I should play something entirely different. Code Vein is very interesting, but that's too similar. Maybe Geheimnisnacht CK2 or AoE or C&C? Maybe some RPGs?

What do you think?
    I've been smashing out WoW for Shadowlands. Beyond that, for single player stuff I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077, Persona 4 Golden (Steam Christmas sale), Hades (Very fun Roguelike), Star Wars: Fallen Order (Origin play pass, lots of games on there to try.), and a bunch of strategy games like Oxygen Not Included, Darkest Dungeon, Total War: Warhammer II

Edit: I almost forgot. If you enjoy metroidvania games with incredible story, you should give my all time favourite game a try: Hollow Knight https://store.steampowered.com/app/367520/Hollow_Knight/
    edited December 2020
    Gorwe said:

BFGA 2? How is it?

Just started and haven't played the first but here is a guy whose reviews I enjoy.

• ChamplinChamplin Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited December 2020
    Thanks for update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue.

krogerfeed
    Post edited by Champlin on
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

BFGA 2? How is it?

Just started and haven't played the first but here is a guy whose reviews I enjoy.

I mean, how are the campaigns? I sorta fell out with 40k(idk...I just prefer Fantasy much more), but it could be a good game.

Any opinions on the Iron Harvest?
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:

BFGA 2? How is it?

Also, it'd seem that the focus of campaigns is on the factions I don't care that much about. Ok, revamped Necrons could be interesting, but I'd prefer Corsairs, Drukhari, Tau etc by far. A pipe dream, I know.

That makes me extra unsure about BFGA. Terrible rumblings about horrible instability and EAC nightmare don't exactly help.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    I have been playing Amazing cultivation simulator, it's like rim world but with Chinese mythology, I usually played games for like 40hrs at most, this game I have been playing for 2 months straight. I made a cult with all women and the men who joined need to cut their dick off.. lol. all visitors to the cult will be put in the death chamber of 500 degrees and robbed of their skill, and made their corpses as fertilizers to grow my sacred tree. this is so much fun lmao.
    BeansnBread
    I just ended up purchasing both Battlefleets and C&C:Remastered. That should be enough for some time. Next to other games I might play(Shadows, Divinity games etc). And Nioh 2, ofc, but I'm trying to get Nioh out of my system so I can enjoy 2 better(=less overload).
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Just got Disco Elysium for $14 on egs with $10 off coupon, didnt think I would like it as much as I do.
    GorweTheocritus
    Asheram said:
    Just got Disco Elysium for $14 on egs with $10 off coupon, didnt think I would like it as much as I do.
    Right, should play good ole Disco too. It's off its rocker, innit?
    Asheram
  • liemmayerliemmayer Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    thanks for the cool suggestions, I really like it! So these are good options and ideas!
  • yanxiyyanxiy Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Gorwe said:

What do you think?
    Shooter games perhaps?
  • HassellorHassellor Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited January 2021
    It depends from the genre you are inspired to play:

FPS: Borderlands 3 - great and easy to pick up shooter with a lot of action and awesome visuals.

Racing: Assetto Corsa Competizione - this is the best racing game right now and if you have a steering wheel, you will enjoy it even more.

RPG: Medieval Dynasty - one of the best realistic life sims set in the Middle Ages (this is the game you will love if you have a lot of free time).

Multiplayer: Dota 2 - my favorite free online game where everyone is equal and the only thing that will help you to win is your knowledge of the game, not money. The only thing you can purchase is a better look for your favorite heroes, but I don't care of it at all and immediately sell dota 2 items when I get any.

Strategy: AoE II (Definitive Edition) - I know that you've already mentioned AoE, just wanted to make sure you choose the best game in the series. You also can try Civilization VI if you like turn-based games.

Horror: Outlast - there is nothing more appealing to me in this genre than this game, so if you're looking for a game to stay awake, this is the one :D 
    Post edited by Hassellor on
    Gorwe
  • Freddie65Freddie65 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Azur lane is one of the finest games I've played in recent months. I started during the lockdown & became instantly addicted. Azur lane is one of the best I've played & highly recommend it to everyone. 
    An hour of play might make some users want to reroll Azur lane to have a better start. Just rememer that all the items that you may have missed in the strat will be given to you eventually.
    learn how to reroll Azur lane 
    BattleFleet Gothic certainly is interesting, if super intimidating to get into. But I'm not easily intimidated ; what I do miss though, is Corsair campaign. I'd really love to experience this as Sunblitz.

It's a very deep and interesting game.
  • kiwidigestkiwidigest Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    It depends upon mood what does you should play. Like if your ae in happy mood then play PUBG like I do most of the time. If I'm in bad mood then go for basketball like physical games. So mood swings, game swings. Nowadays I am playing asphalt 8 like want to destroy cars. Because in real it is not possible ?. So I do in games.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited January 2021
    Non MMORPGs I've been having a good time with recently:

Distance (I am a content contributor to this game as well): https://store.steampowered.com/app/233610/Distance/

This game is so beautiful.

It has an aesthetic that’s really hard to define; somewhere in the suburbs of Tron, with a little more space influence, and this weird horror overtone. It’s racing with parkour and moddable content. I’d love to say it’s been influenced by Vendetta Online, but I have no idea. You travel between sectors, and there is a boost which overheats your core but greatly increases your speed. It runs in virtual reality. You get 4 hours to beat the game, as if Prince of Persia were a car.

Hyper Light Drifter

Hyper Light Drifter scratches a very particular hard to reach itch. It falls in to that rare peak of games where the difference in what it is and what it could have been is a net positive.

Comparing it to Kaze No Tani Nausicaa and The Legend of Zelda is unfair, because it has its own brand. It does something new.

It is a gorgeous game to look at, to experience, to play. I probably should have been more than halfway through by now, but I keep buying it on new platforms; Mac (before it got left behind in the 64 bit migration), on my brother’s PS4, and now on my son’s Switch. Diving in again I spend a long time just listening to the heartbeat on the title screen. I let my character relax under the tree with the skeleton up in it who has the map. I wait on the edge of the precipice looking over Hadean depths piled with mountains of the dead as the magnitude of what must have happened is told through environmental narrative.

It gets brutally difficult quick. Taking high speed lift elevators into goblin infested subnautical factories, my guy has to be somewhere between Han Solo and a ronin. Every time I fail a sequence, he wakes up in the room before as if from a terrible premonition within a dream.

There are a ton of symbols in this game, and there doesn’t need to be any text. The number 4 comes up over, and over, and over again (four chambers of a heart, get it?), and it’s a story about proportion. Scale is constantly referenced. It continuously draws attention to the fact that I, the player, am alive.

Crypt of the Necrodancer 

Wingspan

Chess (fight me):

https://lichess.org/@/Phaserlight

https://www.chess.com/member/phaserlight
    Post edited by Phaserlight on

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited January 2021
    I've been sticking with City of Heroes lately.  On my rare days that I am not playing CoH I am playing Mechwarrior 5.

If you are looking for a game to fill the void until Nioh 2 releases, CoH may be a good filler.  It's free and if you leave you can always come back in exactly the same place you left it.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• Jimmy3BulletJimmy3Bullet Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Please recommend some mods for warhammer 40k
    Battle Fleet Gothic really is something special, innit? From what I gathered, I will most likely end up liking 1 better than 2. Sure, some modes(Assassin / Data) are problematic, but they could've been salvaged rather than removed. I'll try 2, ofc, but I fully expect 1 to end up being a better game for me. It's really enjoyable.