Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 Has a Meltdown and RIOT Games Teases an MMO in This Week's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageCyberpunk 2077 Has a Meltdown and RIOT Games Teases an MMO in This Week's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

Cyberpunk 2077 dominated this week's news cycle, so it was probably pretty easy to miss some of the other biggest news stories. If you've got 5 minutes for 5 articles, we'll get you all caught up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Will this convince people that pre-ordering is a bad idea? The only way the industry will change is if we stop giving them money and tell them WHY.
    ScotsakerHatefullMendelashiru_1978McSleazMossdab
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Riot mmorpg ? wasn't they did samething few years ago .
    I don't think it will happen , they just make up the hype and then go "nah , joke" like before .
  • HanrickHanrick Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I'm pretty sure they knew it wasn't ready and were pressured to release.
    maskedweaselKyleranIr1shguysakerHatefull
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    CoE "While we weren't convinced based on the answer to our questions." That should have been front and centre of the interview article. That said, if CoE is supposedly in operation again he needs to be interviewed.

Have to say the video made me somewhat more hopeful about LOL MMO graphics. But that colour palette was it created by ten year olds?
    maskedweaselMendel
  • LamiaCritterLamiaCritter Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Less 'Cyberpunk is having a meltdown' and more, as is typical, expected, and usual, 'gamers massively overblowing things way out of proportion and losing their damn minds without being rational'.
    Ir1shguymaskedweasel
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Mars_OMG said:

I'm loving Cyberpunk 2077. I feel most of the belly aching is from people realizing their console or computer is out dated :) 

Considering that there isn't a PS5 or Series-X version of the game yet, it was made and intended to launch on those outdated consoles. It was suppose to launch before the newest consoles launched. So, it makes sense that last gen console players would expect that a last gen game would work correctly.
    Hatefullmaskedweasel[Deleted User][Deleted User]Unicron-
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    It's totally Keanu Reeves fault!

...All women world wide immediately hate on xpsync :)
    If looks could kill...
    maskedweasel
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Hanrick said:

I'm pretty sure they knew it wasn't ready and were pressured to release.

no surprises, it's always about the d@mned "money-men" and what -they- want. the age-old adage "follow the money" pretty much never fails
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited December 2020

Mars_OMG said:

I'm loving Cyberpunk 2077. I feel most of the belly aching is from people realizing their console or computer is out dated :) 

I am pretty sure all the people saying they are loving Cyberpunk 2077 have never logged into the game.

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    [Deleted User]

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Scot said:
    CoE "While we weren't convinced based on the answer to our questions." That should have been front and centre of the interview article. That said, if CoE is supposedly in operation again he needs to be interrogated.

Have to say the video made me somewhat more hopeful about LOL MMO graphics. But that colour palette was it created by ten year olds?
    Fixed that for you.  :)

[Deleted User]Scot

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Alverant said:

Will this convince people that pre-ordering is a bad idea? The only way the industry will change is if we stop giving them money and tell them WHY.

Imbeciles will still preorder, even if they receive fecal matter, they will complain and continue to preorder.
    McSleazTiller
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    Mendel said:
    Scot said:
    CoE "While we weren't convinced based on the answer to our questions." That should have been front and centre of the interview article. That said, if CoE is supposedly in operation again he needs to be interrogated.

Fixed that for you.  :)
    I agree, but I am sure as soon as the heat was applied he would back out, which tells its own story but I think you learn more by exposing the lack of substance in his answer to multiple questions.
    Mendel
  • hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Personally, I have been playing Cyberpunk on PC and it has been a good time.

It is pretty brutal that the game has been a complete train wreck on current gen consoles ( as stated before, thats what it was developed for). Not to mention people having seizures from it ( https://www.ign.com/articles/cd-projekt-red-responds-to-reports-of-cyberpunk-2077-including-seizure-inducing-sequences ).

It is getting pretty old that AAA games are launching like trains off a cliff into a flaming dumpster of feces. Devs (or in the case of Cyberpunk, the execs pushing the devs) have very poor project management skills. They set unrealistic timelines, over promise, and then end up with delay after delay, only to release a bug ridden mess.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    He killed the servers - with a pencil
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Mars_OMG said:

Mars_OMG said:

Considering that there isn't a PS5 or Series-X version of the game yet, it was made and intended to launch on those outdated consoles. It was suppose to launch before the newest consoles launched. So, it makes sense that last gen console players would expect that a last gen game would work correctly.
    People keep saying this, like they were in the meetings at  CDPojekt. imho, the fault lies on people thinking  Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be a low poly poorly lighted GTA clone.

I feel CDprojekt did the right thing in pushing the game to be next gen, and support this game for it does so much to push the limits of hardware, well.

Most people simply can't face the fact consoles aren't the future of gaming, P.C. is .
    Dude stop it. I love the game too and have 150+ hours in it but your ridiculous posts are doing nothing to promote it nor doing anything for your credibility.

The console release state was a monumental fuck-up and they should be thoroughly raked through the coals for it. That release should have been delayed and wasn't simply to hit the Christmas buying window.

Be happy you're playing on PC and getting good performance and just move on. There is no credible argument to be an apologist for the game's state on consoles.
    [Deleted User]ragebulletUnicron-TacticalZombeh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited December 2020
    The more news that comes out about this and the 'Christmas cash' theory becomes the most likely answer to all the decisions that were made.

They essentially seemed to have said 'fk it' to so many things that it makes it technically impossible for such a hyped game like this to have suffered from just a bunch of random mistakes.
    BruceYee said:
    The more news that comes out about this and the 'Christmas cash' theory becomes the most likely answer to all the decisions that were made.

They essentially seemed to have said 'fk it' to so many things that it makes it technically impossible for such a hyped game like this to have suffered from just a bunch of random mistakes.

If they wanted that Christmas money they could have released the *next* Christmas, made all that money without all the bad press and ill feelings they've gotten this year.

The more I think about this fiasco, the more I think that some corporate accountants should be feeling the heat for their job.  It won't happen, I know.  But it's a nice dream.

remsleep said:
    Mendel said:
    BruceYee said:

If they wanted that Christmas money they could have released the *next* Christmas, made all that money without all the bad press and ill feelings they've gotten this year.

The more I think about this fiasco, the more I think that some corporate accountants should be feeling the heat for their job.  It won't happen, I know.  But it's a nice dream.

It was the top execs that were pushing to have it out before Xmas - they are the ones that CDPR employees are calling out for the mess.

I hope to see some execs being kicked out to the curb for this - maybe even curbstomped a bit - which is not that uncommon in Poland 

The execs were pushing for it because an accountant was whispering in their ears.  I doubt very seriously that a marketing guy, public relations guy, or the development manager had the execs ears in the same way.  In all fairness, it would probably be best for both execs and accountants to feel the heat over this.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    To me it seems more like a, "you've already taken too long and Christmas is coming" situation.

However, they could have released the PC version and not released the base console version for another 6 months to a year to make sure everything was legit. It wasn't only the moral thing to do, I think it may have been the smarter business decision.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    The Bleeding continues OTGLF closed today @ 70.25 , stock now down 38% since CP2077 release..

Class action suits being prepared by investors ..

This is gonna get ugly