Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Evil Dead: The Game' Announced, Features Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2020 in Videos Discussion

image 'Evil Dead: The Game' Announced, Features Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams | MMORPG.com

During tonight's The Game Awards, Evil Dead: The Game was announced for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Read the full story here

Asheram

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    "Could" be good. Though it sort of gives me left4dead vibes. Not necessarily a bad thing but it depends on what else it offers.
    Asheram
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Sovrath said:

"Could" be good. Though it sort of gives me left4dead vibes. Not necessarily a bad thing but it depends on what else it offers.

True but the character dialogue was far better than the Back 4 Blood trailer.
    Ungood
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited December 2020

Asheram said:

Sovrath said:

True but the character dialogue was far better than the Back 4 Blood trailer.

I'm sorry I don't know what that means? And Now I do! It seems to be a reimagining of left4dead by the same developers. Call me schooled. I haven't seen a trailer yet.
    Asheram
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    The fact they have some SCAdian in the mix is hilarious to me.. 
    Asheram
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I used to be a huge Bruce Campbell B flick movie enthusiast.

I would likely buy this ..just because which goes against my inner workings.

It does look like some serious corner cutting,aside from the female companion model,they all look like the same male model with a different head stuck on top.This is typical of game design but if there isn't enough variety in the models it gets boring real fast.

Aside from that,not a fan of fog use to create that sort of FEAR factor.I assume since it is co-op they had to add the female player character to avoid harsh backlash from the gender police.
    IDK if Coop is a good idea because you would have to design the encounters based on coop or it would be too easy if designed around solo.

co-op in reality is just two soloists,i doubt there is really any effectiveness to having co-op.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Probably give it a spin just because I am a evil dead fan!
    SovrathUngoodAsheram

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Wizardry said:

I would likely buy this ..just because which goes against my inner workings.

It does look like some serious corner cutting,aside from the female companion model,they all look like the same male model with a different head stuck on top.This is typical of game design but if there isn't enough variety in the models it gets boring real fast.
    Nahh, that Female looks like the cannon character Kelly Maxwell from Ash vs Evil Dead, from the Netflix series, if you are an Evil Dead fan, I encourage you to watch it.

I have no idea who the other two dudes are tho.. 
    SovrathAsm0deusAsheram
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Wizardry said:

I'm a huge Bruce Campbell fan, but I always preferred his work on Brisco County to the Evil Dead franchise.  Let's see if anyone else remembers that one. :)

Ungood

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Wizardry said:

I'm a huge Bruce Campbell fan, but I always preferred his work on Brisco County to the Evil Dead franchise.  Let's see if anyone else remembers that one. :)

I perfected his Jack of All Trades over Brisco, but Evil Dead was King.
    Asm0deusMendel

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Ungood said:

Mendel said:

Wizardry said:

Jack of all Trades is amazing. Love the slapstick in that.
    MendelUngood
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Not to criticize but if a game gives you a choice between a guy-with-a-shotgun™ and a chainsaw in his right hand and 3 other generic characters, why would anyone play anything but Ash? Major gameplay flaw right there...
    Mendel
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Ungood said:
    The fact they have some SCAdian in the mix is hilarious to me.. 
    Its this guy from Army of Darkness movie.

Ungood
  • McSleazMcSleaz Member RarePosts: 280
    I think I had a Evil Dead game on original xbox called "A Fist Full Of Boomstick".
    Bruce Campbell is a Hero :)
    AsheramUngood
    edited December 2020
    Ungood said:
    Mendel said:
    Wizardry said:

Jack was too short lived at only 1 season.  Brisco didn't fare much better at only 2, though.

Correction:  Jack lasted 24 episodes spread over 2 seasons, Brisco County Jr. totaled 27 episodes in a single season, according to wikipedia.  Both had entirely too short a run.

Post edited by Mendel on
    Ungood

Not to criticize but if a game gives you a choice between a guy-with-a-shotgun™ and a chainsaw in his right hand and 3 other generic characters, why would anyone play anything but Ash? Major gameplay flaw right there...

I can even see the character names... Ash, Not_Ash_01, Not_Ash_02 and Not_Ash_03.  I just wanted to be Nondescript_Sidekick_06.

[Deleted User]