Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project EVE ( G Star 2020 )

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited November 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Upcoming action game from former Blade And Soul art director. 

http://eve.shiftup.co.kr/index_pc.html#secondPage

SovrathUngood

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Yikes that was brutal.
    Mikeha
    Chamber of Chains
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Well if that is an MMO, looks great! 

AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Nah, I'll pass.  I agree with remsleep's points too, with the addition that I'd turn that shitty music off instantly.
    AlBQuirky
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited November 2020
    remsleep said:

Finally - she has invisible high heels - why do ALL asian games have females in high heels? this stereotype needs to die
    men need high heels too , like in old days . Well i have to say that game heels is pretty high

And if you want to know why most Asia games have females in high heels , because it make the animation more power than normal . Special high pace action one.
    It make the move more elegant , specially for tall and slime body type .

There is something called crane and tiger in eastern martial art which most eastern fighting game based .

I don't see why it need to "die" . But i do think it's more interest to have more body type of each genders in games , for example extreme muscle or extremly fat men and women in high heels look fun to play .

UngoodMikehaAlBQuirkyAdamantine
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited November 2020
    Not as bad as these from PSO2

PSO2 JP AC Scratch Winners Design 4 Side A  PSUBlog

I tried making a female CAST using male CAST parts  PSO2

More worrisome is when real women walk around in these32 Bizarre and Crazy Shoes You Must See to Believe

Thats What She Said Fashion Faux-Heel

30 Types of Heels Every Woman Should Know - The Trend Spotter

Those are just games but real women risk real injury wearing these. I recall reading some offices I think it was in Japan who insisted women must wear heels for the office image and no flats were allowed. I think in games where fantasy is what we see, having a female in heels isn't unusual. May be it is about time to put men in heels too.

High Heels For Men  The best site on the internet for finding high heels  for men

Simon Cowell displays his trim figure as he joins Amanda Holden en-route to  BGT auditions  Daily Mail Online

Can't deny this sells though
    Woman legs in sexy red high heels and stockings art photo print Art Print  by ArtNudePhotos  Redbubble

When I was working a whole lifetime ago I wore heels daily and I am 5' 8 1/2 " and with 3 inch heels I towered over almost every man I met. I enjoyed it because they were often a little intimidated by my height and I needed that mental edge. I loved looking down at them and even if it sounds petty now that made me feel good. I ran around in them and chased public transport, heaven only knows how I managed it and probably explains why my knees are in the condition they are in now in my old age.

We should also gives thanks that foot binding to have those small feet is no longer practiced. These poor women were never able to walk properly they only hobbled around sadly. Cruel abominations that was fashion so seeing a female in a video game fighting in heels has a whole different perspective no?

Chinese foot binding This was just soooo wrongpoor women   Chinese shoes Popular fashion trending Feet

Post edited by kitarad on
    AlBQuirkycheyaneGdemami

remsleep said:
    I think you are confused - computer animation can be made the same with or without high heels.

You can also draw all the benefits that high heels give in real life - elongated legs etc... without high heels.

You could... But that looks creepy.
    AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited November 2020
    kitarad said:
    May be it is about time to put men in heels too.
    To be fair.. men have been wearing heels for a LONG time.

Go look at any old paintings and pictures, from Kings to Cowboys, Heels have been a thing for men for almost as long as men have had shoes.

It's only recently that men wearing flat shoes (maybe lest 100 years?) have become a big thing, mainly because flat shoes are a poor/working mans clothing, and that somehow is in right now.

I mean, even most office shoes for men have had heels, abet only maybe 1/2 inch, but heels none the less.. flats are a very new modern thing.

This is a great article on the Subject.
    iixviiiixkitaradAlBQuirkyGdemami

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To add to my anger with modern combat designs they had to add in cartwheels and backflips ..grrrr.
    Devs should just start making gymnastics games that seems about their ability level.
    AlBQuirkyDibdabs

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Ungood said:
    kitarad said:

Go look at any old paintings and pictures, from Kings to Cowboys, Heels have been a thing for men for almost as long as men have had shoes.

It's only recently that men wearing flat shoes (maybe lest 100 years?) have become a big thing, mainly because flat shoes are a poor/working mans clothing, and that somehow is in right now.

I mean, even most office shoes for men have had heels, abet only maybe 1/2 inch, but heels none the less.. flats are a very new modern thing.

Yeah , the difference is men's heels is bigger than women's choise , but they still heels . Some men even wear 3 inches heels just to keep up with the women .

BTW , design wise , i don't see any bad . Very Korea fantasy style .

But the gameplay , i can't say . If i remember right , this game is single player ?

UngoodAlBQuirky
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Ungood said:
    kitarad said:

Oh yes of course I believe Henry the Fifth had quite  high ones but I was talking about putting men in heels in  games giving them the choice in character creation. Just like women. 
    UngoodAlBQuirkyGdemami

kitarad said:
    Ungood said:
    kitarad said:

Oh yes of course I believe Henry the Fifth had quite  high ones but I was talking about putting men in heels in  games giving them the choice in character creation. Just like women. 
    Sure.. I am game for that.

I mean some games put guys in cowboy boots with heels.. but.. ya know what.. I could so get behind something like a Hulking Male Warrior Brute charging a Big Ass Mob while wearing a pair of 5 inch pimp stiletto heels.... 

kitaradAlBQuirky

I showed this discussion to my static, and one of them linked this.

LOL.

kitaradiixviiiixAlBQuirkycheyane

remsleep said:
    Ungood said:
    kitarad said:
    Ungood said:
    kitarad said:

I mean some games put guys in cowboy boots with heels.. but.. ya know what.. I could so get behind something like a Hulking Male Warrior Brute charging a Big Ass Mob while wearing a pair of 5 inch pimp stiletto heels.... 

I am all for options, so how about this - 

give me one Korean game that gives an option for a female player character to not have high heels.

That is all I want - but so far this is next to impossible.

Why?

Seriously - is there a single Korean game in existence that has a non-high female characters as an option?
    Well.. since you didn't put any limits on that one..

GW2, made by Arenanet, owned by NcSoft, which is a Korean Company, offers various shoe options for females that are not high heels.

AlBQuirky

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Fashion... Is this where we complain now?

Heels are heels, but not heels? Stiletto heels are very different from flat, wider heels. Yes, men's shoewear has heels. They used to help keep the feet in the stirrups while riding horses. Also, "many" people (peons and serfs) did not even wear footwear.

Tennis shoes and sneakers have truly "no heels", or flat heels. Even cross trainers and most running shoes have a slight rise in elevation in heels (helps cushion the blow from running).

I'm not a fashionista by any stretch, so I buy comfortable over fashionable. Sell men high heels if you want. I'll stick to my nice dress shoes and cross trainers :)

About the game:
    I agree with remsleep. Lots of fluff in the "needing some work" visuals. I also agree with Wizardry that this acrobatics crap is out of hand. I kept waiting for her to execute a flying leap through that creature's headhole(?).

I'm tiring of action games, myself. Have at it, though :)
    iixviiiixUngood

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Ungood said:
    I showed this discussion to my static, and one of them linked this.

LOL.

Wow!! AND double wow!!! I saw that video and watched all their Britain's got Talent Videos. They are stupendous and have amazing agility. I cannot even walk in heels that high and they dance in them! Staggering talent in their little toe compared to me. I was just in so much awe and wish I could dance even in flats like that. /sigh
    Ungood
    Chamber of Chains
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    AlBQuirky said:
     I also agree with Wizardry that this acrobatics crap is out of hand. I kept waiting for her to execute a flying leap through that creature's headhole(?).

But it's not "outof hand." it's an Asian game and they tend to like this over the top flashy, absurdist type of style. I'm pretty sure they are making it for their audience and everyone in the west who is on board.

Wizardy is welcome to his opinion but he has never understood this. He thinks everything has to be going for "realistic." 

UngoodAlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited December 2020
    remsleep said:
    Ungood said:
    kitarad said:
    Ungood said:
    kitarad said:

I am all for options, so how about this - 

give me one Korean game that gives an option for a female player character to not have high heels.

That is all I want - but so far this is next to impossible.

Why?

Seriously - is there a single Korean game in existence that has a non-high female characters as an option?
    They are making games for the Korean market and Eastern markets let's say.  The only reason they might consider your taste is if these games while making their debuts in the West are actually  losing market share without the changes you are advocating. Do you think this is their primary problem that players in the West are actively avoiding their games because their women are in high heels and dressed scantily or show underwear shots.

The same could be said of manga and anime. I was looking at a review today of an anime called "The Irregular at Magic High School" and was as usual perturbed by their incest leaning themes which I try to avoid. I saw a bit of one episode and was immediately turned off. Unlike "Rascal does not  Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai" where the sibling relationship was close and beautiful with absolutely no incest leaning themes this anime  "The Irregular" seems to continuously make that reference.

I felt that the heartbreaking story of "Rascal does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai" was well served by the very close relationship between the siblings and stories like that can be very well done and beautiful. However I am not sure to be honest because I am not Japanese how people in Japan view these themes and why these type of stories seem to make these types of insinuations even if there isn't actually an incestuous relationship as it never materialises in "The Irregular at Magic High School" (thanks for little favours). I am also looking at 'No Game No Life' and hoping they don't go there either.

No matter how much something may make us uneasy we must always remember these anime and games in this case isn't made for the consumption of the Western market. The Manga and Anime market is huge in the West and there is definitely a market for them but they are not actually made for that market. This is something we have to keep in our minds whenever we make a statement or observation about a game or anime. We must also temper our expectations as unless they actually take into account what Western markets want in their games I doubt they are going to make changes unless they see $$$ signs. If players buy their games and are comfortable playing them and know what to expect then they are not going to change how they present their games.

I get that people get turned off as some posters have clearly given an indication of this as dismissing them out of hand but that is not an approach I take as I found wonderful gems in their anime, manga, manwha and I consider it a horrible waste if I never found them. I also take great pride in finding good stories and enjoy them a lot. (Haikyu!! anyone?) I have had immeasurable fun in this hobby but I don't judge the culture. I myself am Asian so may be that makes it easier for me as my exposure began when I was young.

Notice that the Korean games always make room for Chinese taste or restrictions because in that case the market share loss would be considerable. 

Notice also that there is a whole subculture and fan base that translates anime and manga and their dramas at an almost inhuman speed. That this market is considerable and it is thriving in spite of the cultural differences. So it is obvious that many in the West have embraced the differences and are comfortable with it and even if people are a bit quesy over some things they still patronise the games, anime, manga and dramas.

Variety is the spice of life after all.
    SovrathiixviiiixAlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Sovrath said:
    AlBQuirky said:
     I also agree with Wizardry that this acrobatics crap is out of hand. I kept waiting for her to execute a flying leap through that creature's headhole(?).

But it's not "outof hand." it's an Asian game and they tend to like this over the top flashy, absurdist type of style. I'm pretty sure they are making it for their audience and everyone in the west who is on board.

Wizardy is welcome to his opinion but he has never understood this. He thinks everything has to be going for "realistic." 

That's a great point. I see this a lot in anime, too.

However, I'm seeing more and more acrobatics in western games these days, too. All part of the "action combat" that seems to rule gaming today.

I have to admit that realism is up my alley, too, but there are times when "not so realistic" can be fun, too.

Luckily, I don't look for every game to cater to me, so variety is good. This game just doesn't grab me :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

and here I was.. noticing the lack of butt capes.. and then the whole discussion goes to high heels.. whatever floats your boat tho I guess.
    AlBQuirkykitarad

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    I'd be happy if most games could manage to produce idle animations that didn't involve the clipping of clothing and hair, nevermind full blown action sequences. It's a bit unrealistic to expect perfection in this regard. Clipping through gigantic enemies isn't unknown in other games, after all.

Flashy battles and unusual combat fashion choices are common in Asian MMORPGs, such that if they weren't present it would seem rather odd. That she could fight such a creature by herself is astounding enough that the fact she can do it while wearing heels is a triviality in comparison.

Deviation from reality is the cornerstone of the vast majority of if not all MMORPGs, with the degree and nature of what can be expected varying by genre.
    AlBQuirky
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    kitarad said:

We should also gives thanks that foot binding to have those small feet is no longer practiced. These poor women were never able to walk properly they only hobbled around sadly. Cruel abominations that was fashion so seeing a female in a video game fighting in heels has a whole different perspective no?
    No.

I'm adept at telling the difference between fantasy and reality, and also capable of not confusing the obsolete cultural practice of foot binding with the entirely unrelated wearing of high heels whether in real life or video game combat.
    AlBQuirkyAmaranthar
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    iixviiiix said:
    men need high heels too , like in old days .

High heels are super unrealistic for any kind of combat armor.

They puts a lot of extra stress on the feet and since feet are already naturally under stress, this never does any good.

AlBQuirky