Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Live Stream Today at 2p ET | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Live Stream Today at 2p ET | MMORPG.com

You stil have time to submit your questions to the Ashes of Creation team ahead of the live stream later today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 18,369
    edited November 2020
    I wonder if this team thought about the what happens after the town structures are all built?

Is the economy robust and deep enough to carry the game into longevity or will the games entire focus after all is said and done just be pvp?

I am so incredibly tired of hearing about END GAME and the many people who think that is what rpg should be all about.The design should be one that evolves and advances over time and that is where the content updates can focus.

Players should be able to focus on only one trade/craft so that reliance is more relevant.The trade/craft system should again be very deep so there are lots of choices.I personally just don't see any of it,i see this ending up being a very boring game after about 2 months.

So the best thing i could hear from this dev team is their vision for a players long term goal in this game.The answer I would suspect would be an extremely VAGUE...generic answer like"players can make of the game whatever they want".No they cannot and NEVER can,players are ALWAYS bound by the tools they are given.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 398
    Do some research there is a good amount on the economy.

Crafting makes on par gear to endgame content. Uses boss drops. You have gatherers, processors, and crafters. You can max 1 but that is it.

That there is sorta close to what ffxi was except gathering and processing are seperate from finished goods. So I see no reason the economy would fail.

Also seems close to archeage before the added all the quest gear which negated the economy. And old archeage had an extremly strong economy.

World wise the node system is very complex and designed to be ever changing. A city today may be an open field of grass tomorrow.

Pvp will exist.. if pvp is a no go the game is probably a no go for you.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,201
    It all sounds good. I just hope they can release it.
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 678
    Yeah.... I just hope it releases properly.... The future doesnt look too bright for the game as it stands right now i think... It will be very hard to break into the genre, doesnt seem like they are bringing anything thats interesting enough.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote