Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Building a new rig/rigs

laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
I've been messing around with flight sims since the mid 80's. Since the early 2000's I've always built two machines, one for running the sim and a single screen, the other running study level aircraft with four screens of avionics, hardware and other goodies such as weather simulation programs etc. I've always wanted to build myself a system with a 220deg field of view. This use to require multiple computers to have any kind of acceptable frame rate.

I've been waiting for todays news regarding AMD's new lineup. I want to start the design of a new system. I have a choice... I can go with three short throw projectors to achieve the 220 or I can go with five displays. 

The flight sims I use are Prepar3D, X-Plane and MSFS.

I welcome any thoughts and/or recommendations. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Ungood

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2020
    Unless you've already decided to go for NVidia + Intel, I recommend waiting for reviews on AMD's lineup. Then make decisions once the reviews are in.
    laserit

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Vrika said:
    Unless you've already decided to go for NVidia + Intel, I recommend waiting for reviews on AMD's lineup. Then make decisions once the reviews are in.
    I haven't decided on any component yet. I'll probably have to wait on availability no matter what brand I decide on.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited November 2020
    Bought my first pieces. I decided to go Ryzen this time :)

AMD 3950X
    https://www.newegg.ca/amd-ryzen-9-3950x/p/N82E16819113616?Item=N82E16819113616

MSI MEG X570 UNIFY 
    https://www.newegg.ca/msi-meg-x570-unify/p/N82E16813144273?Item=N82E16813144273

and Windows 10 Pro for $7.45, thanks for the heads up MMORPG.com ;)

• xohomaxohoma Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Hello. The best service to make your study life easier is this English service. Here you will be able to order cheap essays. Their works are distinguished by a good presentation of thoughts, as if they were written by real writers. I am sure that your teachers will be delighted with your work.