Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get a Hazy Peek at the First Monster Hunter Movie Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageGet a Hazy Peek at the First Monster Hunter Movie Trailer - MMORPG.com

During the 2019 Shanghai International Film Festival, the first 30-second trailer for the Monster Hunter movie was shown. Viewers got a look at a desert location with monsters popping out of the ground. While the trailer hasn't been released commercially, one wily fan managed to capture it on video, so if you're looking for a hazy peek at Tony Jaa and Milla Jovovich in their MH roles, check it out! Excuse the quality!

Read the full story here

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Not really a fan of the game, but might be an interesting watch :)
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

funny thing I think I saw 3 persons who could be playing the MHW chars

another funny thing, most monster hunter fans are pissed the film will not be good and do the game justice, so....
    Darkages
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

funny thing I think I saw 3 persons who could be playing the MHW chars

another funny thing, most monster hunter fans are pissed the film will not be good and do the game justice, so....

I'm pretty sure that most fans have been pissed seeing a game turned film. This honestly is only for the Chinese market tbh since most game based movies do well over there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

OG_Zorvan said:

I love Milla, but she's not worth watching a D-List movie. I'd rather watch RE reruns and Run, Lola, Run again instead.

"Ever the jack-of-all-trades, filmmaker Paul W.S. Anderson, also of the Resident Evil franchise, has signed on to write, direct and produce.
    Clearly, this is not Anderson’s first rodeo with a film adaptation of a videogame. He helmed the first Mortal Kombat movie and worked extensively on the Resident Evil films, which are arguably the most successful videogame adaptations ever made."
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    What good movie starts with some soldiers accidentally going into a random portal into a video game world? I don't know why they didn't just expound on the source material.

Diablo was most realistic thing in the trailer.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Nutz739Nutz739 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited July 2019
    This "sneak peak" is better than the other one I seen. Love the game and have my doubts about the movie. Not many games/animes made movie without following source material suck IMO. Its almost like they take plan on making money just off the name and who cares about it being good. Someone name one done right as I can't think of any .
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I'd watch it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    No idea what people are on about,i thought the Warcraft movie was way better than Wow and i don't think much of MHW game at all,so likely i will find the movie far more enjoyable.

Let me think,oh yeah the Trion sci fi game Defiant" movie was ok,the game not ok,Star Wars movies are great,the games not at all,the only time i can feel different is the Final Fantasy movie was more a cartoon and not to my liking,yet i loved some FF games.

So then Spiderman movies,pretty good,the game>>>laughable,Batman movies very good,game not so good.
    I think the trend is obvious,more money goes into movies than the games,so you get what you pay for.I would be hard pressed to think of a game better than the movie,not even Conan then we have the slew of super hero games are imo are not even mildly good yet the marvel and DC movies are often really good.

So what is happening is a lot of game devs cashing in on successful movies,half assing the games because with a popular brand name they sell regardless.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• glutenbagglutenbag Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Video games based movie, you know they 're 9 out of 10 time bad, might not worth the time.
    https://www.grabfreemoney.com/blog/how-to-invest-trade-cryptocurrency-automatically-quant-trading
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    China does a good job creating sets when they have the money for it. They usually run out of money and the quality of the CGI drops off. I recently watched "The Longest Day in Chang'an" which recreated the whole city of Chang'an and it took like 9 months or something. Amazing city. BTW that drama is fantastic if you can watch it's like 24 the one with Jack Bauer.

The writer who wrote Longest Day wrote it historically accurate as far as the different religions and communities went at that time although the story itself is fiction some of the characters are also historically true. It is surprising how very cosmopolitan it once was.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2020

New trailer