Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Warns Players About Changes To Shadowlands Dungeons From Beta To Live Version | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Warns Players About Changes To Shadowlands Dungeons From Beta To Live Version | MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft's Shadowlands expansion went live yesterday as the MMORPG turned 16 years old, and Blizzard was quick to let players know about some pretty substantial changes from the beta to the live version. Namely, dungeons won't unlock until you reach the zone they dungeon is in.

Read the full story here

Comments

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I avoided anything and everything news related with regards to Shadowlands.

Only 6 hours in, first up OMG does the game ever feel different, fresh, i love it so far.

One thing which was throwing me off a little was that this is a linear progression content wise, like an rpg, i kinda felt or thought that it was going to do a BFA style, intro the zone then show you the next one... rinse repeat, then you pick and choose.

Once i clued in i started to settle in nicely. I play at glacier speed, after 6 hours i literally just ding'd 51 before i logged out where my boys were 53 almost 54 after 6 hours.

Overall feels like a huge story is being unfolded. It's wildly different than any expansion before it, to me anyway. It feel like this whole new game tbh.

Overall i'm so glad i took my Warlock in first, i love the Shaman class as much, but feels right taking the main through first especially when the journey is unlocking the game as you go.
    KyleranTwistedSister77NanfoodleScotDragneluskitarad
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

xpsync said:

I avoided anything and everything news related with regards to Shadowlands.

Only 6 hours in, first up OMG does the game ever feel different, fresh, i love it so far.

One thing which was throwing me off a little was that this is a linear progression content wise, like an rpg, i kinda felt or thought that it was going to do a BFA style, intro the zone then show you the next one... rinse repeat, then you pick and choose.

Once i clued in i started to settle in nicely. I play at glacier speed, after 6 hours i literally just ding'd 51 before i logged out where my boys were 53 almost 54 after 6 hours.

Overall feels like a huge story is being unfolded. It's wildly different than any expansion before it, to me anyway. It feel like this whole new game tbh.

Overall i'm so glad i took my Warlock in first, i love the Shaman class as much, but feels right taking the main through first especially when the journey is unlocking the game as you go.

Ya, I agree 100%. The story feels different, like something epic even. Only a few in and I want more.
    xpsync
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    This is good to hear, the many complaints of past WoW expansions indicated they were in a rut.
    Kyleranxpsync
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Scot said:
    This is good to hear, the many complaints of past WoW expansions indicated they were in a rut.
    I didnt do beta or read much on the story, so I am a bad judge of that but for the first few hours of game play and story. 
    xpsync
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    so I am just about to jump back in but my last expansion was the Garrison one, so should I just start a fresh char? I dont want to heal, either tank or dps

I logged in and my highest char was level 36
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Myrdynn said:
    so I am just about to jump back in but my last expansion was the Garrison one, so should I just start a fresh char? I dont want to heal, either tank or dps

I logged in and my highest char was level 36
    It doesn't take long to hit 50 if you do it through Chromie timewalking in Draenor or Legion since they opened up flying without the zone-specific requirements for those when the pre-patch dropped last month. You still can't fly in BfA without the achievement though,

I did start duplicate level ones just to get a feel for the game play and rotations again and once I had the hang of it I started playing my 30something versions.

I chose to do it in Draenor just because I find it more straightforward than Legion and high 30s to 50 took me about 3 days each. 
    Myrdynn
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED