Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check Out Some Elyon Dungeon Gameplay From GStar 2020 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageCheck Out Some Elyon Dungeon Gameplay From GStar 2020 | MMORPG.com

Over the weekend, GStar was held in Korea, showcasing some of the games being worked on by Korean and other Asian developers. Among them was Elyon: Ascent: Infinite Realm. During GStar over the weekend, we got a glimpse of some dungeon gameplay, showcasing more of the upcoming MMORPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    damn too generic and slow as hell, already exist games who have better gameplay then this
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Mars_OMG said:

I'll try try it. :)

Like the aoe, which is my favorite kind of damage, and I like the healing mechanics. Looks like a lot of fun imho. Could be the "Bless" version we've been waiting for :D

This also looks to be the first cyberpunk mmo ?

Amazing enthusiasm!

If it's F2P I will try it too, I will not waste money for a F2P-quality Asian MMO that's being sold as B2P and then it turns P2W and everyone ends up hating it.
  • mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Looks like a scuffed version on Guildwars 2
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited November 2020
    Still using a 14 years old engine. Even after the complete overhaul.
    Even if the game's fun, it's bound to fail due to technical limitations. At least that's the way I see it.

They keep boasting about the Realm vs. Realm large scale PvP.
    And those large scale PvP fights do look cool from the videos I've watched.
    But having 20-30 FPS during those fights? Ehh.. Not gonna roll well. Not in 2020/2021.
    doomex
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is very indicative of what type of gameplay they like over there,i call it ARCADE/Action.

Somersaults are such a huge NO for me that there is no chance in hell i am playing a game like that.Then the bow class is firing like a AK-47 so just like somersaults,it looks stupid.

WHat i want and hoped for from rpg's was a world/character game and not just a GAME,if that makes any sense to anyone.The reason is that if your just making a placemat to play a game of shoot and kill your at least imo NOT making a world or a rpg.

This is why i often mention the term depth in game design,this type of gameplay is just like going to an Arcade,pop your 50 cents into the machine and get some action for 5 minutes then move on.

Then again they fell in love with dance dance revolution,they definitely have an odd culture over there.I am still trying to figure out the sensation with cell phones that so many people fondle them like their first born child,we are definitely changing how we bring up our children to be clones of each other.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013
    Wizardry said:

Then again they fell in love with dance dance revolution,they definitely have an odd culture over there.

Dance Dance revolution is not only an excellent game, it's very physically demanding.

Not my first choice for a "game" but a girlfriend of mind loved it so we'd go to landsdowne street to Jillians (for people who know Boston) and we'd spend a friday or saturday night there.

It really kicked my ass. Her, less so but she was also a swing dancer so she was in great shape.

I'll say that I'd rather play dance dance revolution than run or go to the gym.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo