Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox Series X and Cyberpunk

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
I am going to buy the xbox series x when it comes out hopefully I can get a preorder. Since it comes out before cyberpunk do you think it will run better then on the xbox one x? I like the idea of not having to play it on the one at all even if it is not the version built for the series x.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Well it will be the cheapest option to play the game with ray tracing in 4k, even over building a new PC.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nobody will know how it will play on any of the consoles,imo everything hyped above the end result.
    Raytracing would not even remotely be a concern in a game like Cyberpunk.Cutscenes and running errands,there is no need for fancy lighting in a game like that.
    It will be funny to see the actual framerates of these consoles after they claimed 60+ and supposed better consoles than the regular PC's.
    IMO you are wasting your money buying these new consoles,you will barely see a game worthy of the new machines,better off to wait when the prices come down.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• farrow19farrow19 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Is cyberpunk going to release? =)))
    Brain puzzle games are my life!
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    farrow19 said:
    I no longer believe it exists!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2020
    Wizardry said:
    Nobody will know how it will play on any of the consoles,imo everything hyped above the end result.
    Raytracing would not even remotely be a concern in a game like Cyberpunk.Cutscenes and running errands,there is no need for fancy lighting in a game like that.
    It will be funny to see the actual framerates of these consoles after they claimed 60+ and supposed better consoles than the regular PC's.
    IMO you are wasting your money buying these new consoles,you will barely see a game worthy of the new machines,better off to wait when the prices come down.

it's not hard to find videos of the new consoles running modern games at 4k 60fps and 120 fps already. I'm still waiting a while to buy one but if you ask me, a >$1000 PC that matches the new consoles is a bigger waste of money. This new generation of consoles only shows me one thing, my next PC is going way over my PC budget if I want it to be better than these consoles.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Wizardry said:

it's not hard to find videos of the new consoles running modern games at 4k 60fps and 120 fps already. I'm still waiting a while to buy one but if you ask me, a >$1000 PC that matches the new consoles is a bigger waste of money. This new generation of consoles only shows me one thing, my next PC is going way over my PC budget if I want it to be better than these consoles.
    though what you say is true what he says is also as when cp2077 releases even the new consoles will be using backwards compatability til they release the updated version sometime next year.

• farrow19farrow19 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Abimor said:
    farrow19 said:
    I no longer believe it exists!
    I've been waiting for it like for a century!
    Brain puzzle games are my life!