Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Releases a November Producer's Letter Outlines Next Pre-Alpha Session December 5 - 6th | MM

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imagePantheon Releases a November Producer's Letter Outlines Next Pre-Alpha Session December 5 - 6th | MMORPG.com

In November's Producer's Letter for the much anticipated MMO Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, Ben Dean outlines everything, from a new team member and upcoming streams, to the next Pre-Alpha phase that begins in just a few short weeks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Keep up the good work, so playing this game.
    NanfoodleMensur
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    The tribute to Brad was nice.

Also glad to see them gearing up on crafting.
    SovrathNanfoodleachesomakitarad

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Amathe said:
    The tribute to Brad was nice.

Also glad to see them gearing up on crafting.
    I wonder the depth crafting will have. SWG and ESO have been my favorite crafting experience in MMOs but vastly different. I just love in both systems all crafting types were highly useful. I hope Pantheon finds a way to do the same.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Here is a video of Nephele(new crafting designer) discussing crafting(starting at 15:00). Keep in mind, this is about 2 weeks prior to his hiring at Visionary Realms. For those that don't know, Nephele was a very active member of Pantheon community whose passion is crafting and harvesting. It's very long as he talks about for crafting for about 90 minutes. If you want insight to his motivation this is a must watch.

MensurNanfoodle[Deleted User]
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    tired of pre-alpha, ready for alpha now!
    xpsync

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    This game has me all hyped up.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

achesoma said:

Here is a video of Nephele(new crafting designer) discussing crafting(starting at 15:00). Keep in mind, this is about 2 weeks prior to his hiring at Visionary Realms. For those that don't know, Nephele was a very active member of Pantheon community whose passion is crafting and harvesting. It's very long as he talks about for crafting for about 90 minutes. If you want insight to his motivation this is a must watch.

He has some cool ideas but any casual crafter will not have much of a shot with his ideas. I like some of his ideas but if all were implemented, it would leave crafting in the hands of the few that have lots of time to play and the right guilds backing them. Smaller guilds would suffer as well.
    achesoma
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Awesome more ideas! Here take my money...

ofc i hope this makes light of day, however i'd rather read news about results, not more deep thoughts.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

xpsync said:

Awesome more ideas! Here take my money...

ofc i hope this makes light of day, however i'd rather read news about results, not more deep thoughts.

They have added the Rogue 2 weeks ago and showed it off in a video. Looks like a very well rounded class. Rogue fans should be very happy. In the past week, they just finished the Wizard class and will be showed off on their next stream on Dec 4th. With the new systems they have put into play, they seem to be building the game at a much faster rate, due to the new lead programmer. We should be seeing some very interesting things in the coming months.
    xpsync[Deleted User]
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    "they seem to be building the game at a much faster rate, due to the new lead programmer. We should be seeing some very interesting things in the coming months."

Have to agree, let's hope it continues on to a release. Now that would be cool!

NanfoodleAmathe
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Have they given any outlines of when they expect alpha/beta, or a guesstimate on release year?

What year do you guys think if they haven't?

Nanfoodle said:

achesoma said:

He has some cool ideas but any casual crafter will not have much of a shot with his ideas. I like some of his ideas but if all were implemented, it would leave crafting in the hands of the few that have lots of time to play and the right guilds backing them. Smaller guilds would suffer as well.

Yeah, he did seem too focused on the more hardcore aspects of crafting but at least he does acknowledge that players do like to craft and gather quietly by themselves. He even admitted that he typically plays 4 hour sessions whenever he logs into a game. I did cringe when he brought up raiding. I am of the belief that crafting shouldn't be tied to raiding.
    Nanfoodle
    blamo2000 said:
    Have they given any outlines of when they expect alpha/beta, or a guesstimate on release year?

They have only just announced the start of Pre-Alpha 5. No dates on when Alpha will start. VR is pushing hard to get Pre-Alpha done. They are expecting to have all classes done soon as they want them fully playable in Pre-Alpha 5. In the past 2-3 weeks they have finished 2 more classes. See my post above why things have sped up.

Alpha 1 will have most of the systems in play and testing on these systems so they can present the game to investors. They have hired a few new staff to get to the end of Alpha 1. There are no dates but thats where Pantheon is in a nut shell. 

They can keep working at a slow pace and maybe get the game done, if angel investors and fans keep giving them money at the rate they have been. But VR is looking to find bigger investors that fit their vision or a studio to pick them up. So they can finish the game faster. They have turned down investors (apparently) because they didnt fit their vision of the game. So integrity of Brad's vision is of top importance.  
    edited November 2020
    achesoma said:

Nanfoodle said:

achesoma said:

Yeah, he did seem too focused on the more hardcore aspects of crafting but at least he does acknowledge that players do like to craft and gather quietly by themselves. He even admitted that he typically plays 4 hour sessions whenever he logs into a game. I did cringe when he brought up raiding. I am of the belief that crafting shouldn't be tied to raiding.
    His reply to me on the official forums...

Nanfoodle said:

Watched an interview with the new crafting dev. He has some cool ideas but any casual crafter will not have much of a shot with his ideas. I like some of his ideas but if all were implemented, it would leave crafting in the hands of the few that have lots of time to play and the right guilds backing them. Smaller guilds would suffer as well. If you want to see his ideas, watch the video below but start 15 min in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy7TwGi-FNY&feature=emb_title

Nephele

I will really be interested to hear your feedback (and everyone else's) when we get into Alpha.  We don't really want crafting to be seen as a "hardcore" pursuit, but we also want it to feel meaningful and have some depth to it.  Our goal is that crafting should be appealing to a large percentage of the player base, and that people should be able to pursue it as much or as little as they want, and still have a fulfilling experience.    Obviously, that's a balancing act, and so tester feedback is going to be super important to finding that balance :)

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/12525/november-producer-s-letter-is-here/view/post_id/243122

achesoma
  • HopestealerHopestealer Member UncommonPosts: 14

Nanfoodle said:

blamo2000 said:

They have only just announced the start of Pre-Alpha 5. No dates on when Alpha will start. VR is pushing hard to get Pre-Alpha done. They are expecting to have all classes done soon as they want them fully playable in Pre-Alpha 5. In the past 2-3 weeks they have finished 2 more classes. See my post above why things have sped up.

Alpha 1 will have most of the systems in play and testing on these systems so they can present the game to investors. They have hired a few new staff to get to the end of Alpha 1. There are no dates but thats where Pantheon is in a nut shell. 

They can keep working at a slow pace and maybe get the game done, if angel investors and fans keep giving them money at the rate they have been. But VR is looking to find bigger investors that fit their vision or a studio to pick them up. So they can finish the game faster. They have turned down investors (apparently) because they didnt fit their vision of the game. So integrity of Brad's vision is of top importance.  

I wonder if they have considered DreamHaven to publish them? Maybe it isn't a good fit but maybe it is
    Nanfoodle
  • Cute.Water.DogCute.Water.Dog Newbie CommonPosts: 14
    Hyped af
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    edited November 2020
    Nanfoodle said:
    blamo2000 said:

Bagdad Bob here is spinning away.  Wow are you on there PR team?  Not even putting they said in front.  They are just doing it?  Like a statement of fact, did you witness any of this firsthand?  Or did you just witness them saying this?

Mabye some of this is actually true in part.

I think they said that pre-alpha 5 was the last one, so now they have to extend pre-alpha 5 to eternity.  We will probably get pre-alpha 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d.....

I doubt they are pushing hard for Alpha.  My guess is they are dreading Alpha.  Because once Alpha starts a bunch of people should be able to play that pledged for it.  Then maybe we will start hearing where this project really is at.
    Brainy said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    blamo2000 said:

Bagdad Bob here is spinning away.  Wow are you on there PR team?  Not even putting they said in front.  They are just doing it?  Like a statement of fact, did you witness any of this firsthand?  Or did you just witness them saying this?

I think they said that pre-alpha 5 was the last one, so now they have to extend pre-alpha 5 to eternity.  We will probably get pre-alpha 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d.....

I doubt they are pushing hard for Alpha.  My guess is they are dreading Alpha.  Because once Alpha starts a bunch of people should be able to play that pledged for it.  Then maybe we will start hearing where this project really is at.
    You dont have to wait, there is raw uncut videos of the game being put out all the time. Even straight up fans have been given permission to upload video of their in game experience. The information I posted above has been right from the devs mouths in interviews. Their words but its on them to keep it. Even the devs said their game is high risk. We may never see this game but it wont stop them from trying. 
    achesoma
    Brainy said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    blamo2000 said:

What exactly did he spin? Everything he said can be verified on main site and youtube.

Nanfoodle
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    achesoma said:
    Brainy said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    blamo2000 said:

What exactly did he spin? Everything he said can be verified on main site and youtube.

Spin is when you take pieces and parts of what someone says and put it in the best possible way, to convey that this is actually happening.  The reality is this is just what the game is spinning.   He has been doing this for years.   Meanwhile 8 years later where are we with this game?   The same exact spot we were 8 years ago.  But it wasn't suppose to take 10 years back then.

So all this is just spin and talk.   Nothing concrete, nothing to show for it.   Just talk.

Here is an example of spin,   "They have turned down investors (apparently) because they didnt fit their vision of the game."
    What investors did they turn down?  They could be talking about some person that only wanted to pledge $10 but didnt want to pay the minimum $25.  Do you know how much investment they turned down?  Do you know anything?  Nope

Is this a lie?  Not technically, but it is spin.
    edited November 2020
    Brainy said:
    achesoma said:
    Brainy said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    blamo2000 said:

Spin is when you take pieces and parts of what someone says and put it in the best possible way, to convey that this is actually happening.  The reality is this is just what the game is spinning.   He has been doing this for years.   Meanwhile 8 years later where are we with this game?   The same exact spot we were 8 years ago.  But it wasn't suppose to take 10 years back then.

So all this is just spin and talk.   Nothing concrete, nothing to show for it.   Just talk.

Here is an example of spin,   "They have turned down investors (apparently) because they didnt fit their vision of the game."
    What investors did they turn down?  They could be talking about some person that only wanted to pledge $10 but didnt want to pay the minimum $25.  Do you know how much investment they turned down?  Do you know anything?  Nope

You call it spin but you have no proof it spin. VR has been very forward about what going on, even when it has made them look bad. They have a little more cred then you give them. Also as I have said above, the work they have claimed to have gotten done, we have seen proof of it videos of actual game play. The general cynicism of the internet does not need be applied to everything. Sometimes, like VR, they have shown they are doing everything they can be, to be forward, transparent and honest.  

Brainy said:

achesoma said:

Brainy said:

Nanfoodle said:

blamo2000 said:

Everything you stated is completely baseless.

I didn't realize Pantheon started development in 2012.

There is concrete evidence of progress all through the website and on youtube. To say there isn't is simply false.

The phrase he used was "potential partners." You're using specific examples of a pledge, which if that were the case then that's a straight up lie. Can you provide any evidence to support the accusation of spin?
    Nanfoodle