Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Review

BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
Sorry, "review".

This game is so bad, that it makes Bless Online looks fantastic. The movement, the combat animations are very, very bad. Graphics are ..well, just bad! Made it to level .. 7? as an Assassin and didn't like it. Then I said : Let me try the Warrior ( maybe is me ). Yea .. no! Is not me .. is the game.

So yeah, final score : Bad

PS: I heard it will be B2P? If is true, then it will go down the road faster then Bless Online. 
PKrauser[Deleted User]XarkoSlyLoKrosej90Nanfoodle

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Is it bad that I really want to try it now?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    TheDarkrayne
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Thinking about Astellia is bad. Wanting to try it out is bad.

Everything is bad about Astellia. Even my review is bad .. 
    XarkoSequriem
  • PKrauserPKrauser Member UncommonPosts: 15
    BobVa said:
    Sorry, "review".

This game is so bad, that it makes Bless Online looks fantastic. The movement, the combat animations are very, very bad. Graphics are ..well, just bad! Made it to level .. 7? as an Assassin and didn't like it. Then I said : Let me try the Warrior ( maybe is me ). Yea .. no! Is not me .. is the game.

PS: I heard it will be B2P? If is true, then it will go down the road faster then Bless Online. 
    lmao, i feel the same... tried archer and wizard then uninstalled.
    Will be even worse than bless release, because at least bless didn't had cbt's so everyone was hyped with their "new mechanics promises".

Thank you for the cbt key mmorpg.com! Saved some money and time.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    edited June 2019
    Level 8 Mage atm. Graphics and performance is better than I expected. Town, forest and armor all look nice. The running animations and movement for mage is too slow, didn't notice other problems.
    The quest/story and combat are a bit traditional and boring. It would have been nice if you could make a non-loli mage.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    The tutorial have changed. You start fully dressed. The first NPCs are closer this time.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2019
    I'll with-hold some harsh criticisms of the game until I see more 'credible' posters chime in on how things currently are.

That's by no means say I believed the game would be good though, especially with all the downloader issues people are complaining about on the game's official forums, like slow download speeds and the entire thing needing to be re-downloaded if you close the launcher/get disconnected during the patching process. Even from the launcher look alone and the need to have Dx9 just told me the game was about a decade too old.

The only real good thing about all of this so far is that they gave out a lot of free cbt keys (probably because they didn't get that many buying the 100$ back), so those with 'faith' can at least try before they buy. Then again, they'll probably just harp about how this is just the old build of the game being tested and not the actual one meant for the western market.....
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited June 2019
    Can't get in game,  I keep getting, "Request failed with status code 403".  I get that trying to log in the website too was working fine yesterday.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Error code 403 enough said :/
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited June 2019
    Made it in.

Welp graphics are sucky and don't look good IMO.  I would say gw2 looks better.

Combat is really cluncky

Movement is meh  need to use w/s to move forwards/backwards  and a,d to strafe left or right.  You can alternately hold down both mouse button to run forwards, helloo carpel tunnel, but there seem to be no action combat. 

I prefer being able to lock down the cam so you press w or s to move forwards or backwards and use the mouse to control where you are looking running to.

People right now are 50/50, just like it was in Bless Online about the game failing while others just like it and are making excuses for it.

I think it will fail, frankly I thought Bless Online was better than this game.

I put everything on max to try and improve the graphics, it helped a little but ground textures still look "flat" in some places....

After playing a little more I think this game is going to be bot heaven the way combat plays out...lol

Post edited by Asm0deus on

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JamesGTJamesGT Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Been playing this for a few days now. So far I'm enjoying it much better than BDO or Bless. Graphics aren't bad. The game can look really beautiful at times. The Astel's are an interesting mechanic. Really the only thing that feels very unique. If your fine with a game that plays similar to WoW then this might be for you. It isn't action combat but that is okay. I don't think every MMO needs to be.

The story so far is ok but not great. Some of the characters are annoying though.

The cash shop is fair and doesn't sell anything to make your character more powerful. As long as that doesn't change I can see myself getting a fair amount of enjoyment out of the game. if the shop ever goes P2W I will quit.

I've had no issues downloading or installing the game. Also never had the game crash. Some people have reported problems but I myself have had zero issues.

I find the astel system very interesting and that's really the draw going forward. They can tank, dps, or heal for you. They level up, have there own system of gearing, and give bonus buffs depending on which Astel's you have in your deck. I would recommend.
  • JamesGTJamesGT Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    DMKano said:
    JamesGT said:
    Been playing this for a few days now. So far I'm enjoying it much better than BDO or Bless. Graphics aren't bad. The game can look really beautiful at times. The Astel's are an interesting mechanic. Really the only thing that feels very unique. If your fine with a game that plays similar to WoW then this might be for you. It isn't action combat but that is okay. I don't think every MMO needs to be.

The story so far is ok but not great. Some of the characters are annoying though.

The cash shop is fair and doesn't sell anything to make your character more powerful. As long as that doesn't change I can see myself getting a fair amount of enjoyment out of the game. if the shop ever goes P2W I will quit.

I've had no issues downloading or installing the game. Also never had the game crash. Some people have reported problems but I myself have had zero issues.

I find the astel system very interesting and that's really the draw going forward. They can tank, dps, or heal for you. They level up, have there own system of gearing, and give bonus buffs depending on which Astel's you have in your deck. I would recommend.
     A lot of what you said reads like promotional material.

What level are you?

Let us know how the endgame dungeons are (if you ever get there) and how mind numbing it is when you can single pull every mob lol

You would recommend based on how many hours of gameplay and what level achieved - the game gets much worse later than first 30 levels
    I’ve been playing a few days I did say that so not far. I didn’t in any way say that it’s perfect. It is solid so far. As far as Korean MMO’s go I find it more engaging than others i’ve tried. Endgame is currently locked until early access ends.

As it is there would have to be nothing worth doing at endgame to kill it for me. Everyone i’ve met in game is enjoying it. It seems solid. One of the better MMO’s i’ve played at release. Definitely the most solid eastern MMO i’ve tried in a while.
  • flames0042flames0042 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    BobVa said:
    Sorry, "review".

People played an mmo to level 7? Did you play more than about 5 minutes?

These 'reviews' are silly.

The graphics are really nice. They have a certain stylized art to them that is delightful. It needs some optimization but thats normal for a just released game.

There is plenty to do. Each zone has a ton of various elite mobs to find and hidden quests to do.

Find a class you enjoy and just play the game. The companion system is cool and has been used by a lot of successful games.

These people with their 2 line negative reviews are just ridiculous. People going around trashing games that are barely being released have no idea what they are talking about. I advise yall not to listen to them and actually play the game for yourself.

Buschkatze
  • FerreirasFerreiras Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited March 2020
    I played it and the Performance he says it's not excellent although good for a UE3 mmo... Also as positive looks like it got some love with English VO, and about the combat he says it's good well I found it boring McDVOICE
    Post edited by Ferreiras on
  • Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    edited May 2020
    I dont think its an awful game, its just, this is a circa 2006 format mmorpg.  You quest hub hop and progress then theres some light endgame.

Typical in korean fashion the scenery has some really nice views, using a heavy blur function, it can look very beautiful for its low tech engine.

Astels are collectible and theres progression, but seem to all be lollies or lulz based.

Realistically it doesnt have a place in mmorpgs, other than maybe sitting in between older korean f2p mmorps, which last i checked were all basically dead or private server centered to avoid awful predatory cash shops.

Theres nothing wrong with the game though, specifically.  Its just why in 2019 release a game based on a game type proven to not do well?  It doesnt have any interesting endgame, and the grind isnt long or full of interesting stuff to farm.  I dont get its purpose other than a short-for-mmorpg pretty scenery quest grind.

Something small like making the grind to endgame insane, adding hundreds or uber rare collectible astels and focusing on fun combat would have made this game at least understandable.  Going the wow raid endgame (theres no raids btw) would of at least made the game relatable as to why im playing.

This game uses the old and proven wrong "people will play games for pretty graphics and nothing more" - also the graphics are not great, just some beautiful background scenery, if you want graphics go BDO.....

So final TLDR: the game doesnt serve a point of existence, it does nothing wrong or terribly, it lacks endgame period, its not a grinder, its story is forgettable, its not an endgame gear grind...it just exists...which is why it will fail to keep people longer than a few months.

I just dont get how anyone takes this mmorpg model and thinks it will work well in 2020...it barely worked in 2006...and doesnt have any of the farming or grind that made those older korean mmorpgs addicting (for some)
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Most players are on the astellia launcher, seems its doing decent.

• rosej90rosej90 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Astellia still running, but not so good. Runs smooth and plays good with my pc with max settings. That Bless never could do never.... And i have pc that runs everything at max graphics 60-120 fps, if i dont cap it :D Because heating is problem if let it over 60 ><
    Scot
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    This is one of those games that i dont even have to try to know whether I will like it or not....After a few years you get a feel for these things.