Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's Cyberpunk 2077 Running on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageHere's Cyberpunk 2077 Running on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X | MMORPG.com

If you've been waiting for some console footage of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED just shared the game running on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited November 2020
    So maybe wait for those upgrades if you are on Xbox One and PlayStation, better graphics after all? Also it is a free upgrade, you don't need to pay to utilise the the power of the platform you bought, lucky you. :)
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I was not impressed, I probably will not get this day one.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I was not impressed, I probably will not get this day one.
    I think it looks awesome and despite it being a "modern setting" (I tend to lose interest in such games unless they are 4x games) I will be picking it up.
    ZenJelly
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2020
    Wish they would have gone with more Blade Runner or Fifth Element floating type of vehicles and not so much land based ones. Looks too much like GTA with a different skin.
    [Deleted User]BruceYee
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Asheram said:
    Wish they would have gone with more Blade Runner or Fifth Element floating type of vehicles and not so much land based ones. Looks too much like GTA with a different skin.
    Harder said than done, people would then expect them to fly off the roads and up the air like the ones you see as scene props already, and that would mean being able to render the whole city and/or allowing to skip whole chunks of gameplay area. Introducing flying in any game would implicate major game tech and design changes.
    SovrathGentrifried_Chicken[Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Two very noticeable things...

1 hand holding marker in the sky,grrrr another crap developer.
    2 There doesn't seem to be any game play other than your destinations which is why they put that marker up there because you would just get bored otherwise.

This is what truly amazes me,the developer is trying to create an immersive experience but then stick a destination marker in the sky and your mission is also on the screen,NEITHER should be there.

It falls into the same line of developing as that recent Asian game where you play some Samurai riding around on a horse.In that game the same idea, activated hand holding markers because there is no real game play otherwise.
    Obviously most realize those buildings are mostly 2D buildings but still i didn't see any indication there would be a reason to stop the car and get out.I already commented earlier that the game looks to be a very simple case of quest hubs,go there do this go get your next quest/mission.

A game like this COULD be real fun,i could definitely enjoy it IF it were done fully 3D all the buildings are real and there is actual content everywhere,real AI etc etc,in other words similar to GTA but better.This looks to me to be far worse than GTA and i haven't been interested in GTA since idk GTA Vice city.The reason is simple,one trick pony game design is cool the first time,after that the idea gets old.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2020

Babuinix said:

Asheram said:

Harder said than done, people would then expect them to fly off the roads and up the air like the ones you see as scene props already, and that would mean being able to render the whole city and/or allowing to skip whole chunks of gameplay area. Introducing flying in any game would implicate major game tech and design changes.

Well GTA has helicopters, propeller planes and jets, so just swap those out with flying cars.

When they first announced their switch to 1pp only it sounded to me like they wanted verticallity in game play and 3pp wouldn't work for it. Now reading stuff from them the only verticality they meant for 1pp only was being able to look up and see very high decorated buildings.

I am going to put my money on this being a bigger gta clone with a futuristic skin than some want to believe.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited November 2020
    Asheram said:

Babuinix said:

Asheram said:

Well GTA has helicopters, propeller planes and jets, so just swap those out with flying cars.

When they first announced their switch to 1pp only it sounded to me like they wanted verticallity in game play and 3pp wouldn't work for it. Now reading stuff from them the only verticality they meant for 1pp only was being able to look up and see very high decorated buildings.

I am going to put my money on this being a bigger gta clone with a futuristic skin than some want to believe.
    Again, easier said than done. You can't just "copy paste" complex features or assume they are easy to implement just because you see them in other games. Rockstar has been developing and refining their Rage engine to enable exactly that lifelike cityscape for decades.

Maybe for this next Gen and in a future update ProjectRed can go at it but it involves a lot of technical challenges to get it right (playable and fun).

Also a ex-Witcher3 Dev goes into optimizing for a open world game in a GDC vid:

Post edited by Babuinix on
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    remsleep said:
    The lack of ray tracing makes it look bleh

The best version by far was that 3080 RTX demo - that looked amazing 

The textures look nice - but again after seeing the RTX version - everything else looks pale in comparison 
    Not to mention DLSS 2.0 which Cyberpunk supports.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    2 There doesn't seem to be any game play other than your destinations which is why they put that marker up there because you would just get bored otherwise.

There are side activities/random events in the game you discover as you go places. This video wasn't about them.

CDPR have been showing the exact same early game (less than 4 hours in) main quests since 2018, just different chunks of it.
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80

Iselin said:

remsleep said:

The textures look nice - but again after seeing the RTX version - everything else looks pale in comparison 

I hope it gonna support 2.1
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    tremmor said:

Iselin said:

remsleep said:

I hope it gonna support 2.1
    Not sure what .1 added other than VR and 8K support.

The jump from 1.0 to 2.0 was the impressive one. I've seen a lot of detail comparisons and the 2.0 quality mode actually gives you more detail than native in addition to better frame rates.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다