Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Standard and Deluxe Editions 50% Off Till November 23 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Standard and Deluxe Editions 50% Off Till November 23 | MMORPG.com

If you've been looking to get into Guild Wars 2 but haven't quite pulled the trigger on the purchase yet, this discount might be just enough to entice you.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    It’s only $15 but is it worth a commitment and stress?! OR should I continue to wait of the new ever in development games that are to “revive” this genre? AHH I DON’T KNOW

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I thought standard has been free for a few years now? I've tried GW2 three times and it was free every time for the base game.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2020
    Greatness said:
    It’s only $15 but is it worth a commitment and stress?! OR should I continue to wait of the new ever in development games that are to “revive” this genre? AHH I DON’T KNOW
    I have tried to play GW2 at least 4x over different periods of time and i never lasted more than an hour and found no enjoyment out of the game at all.That  hour was also sort of painful,i felt like i wanted to logout quickly each time.

$15 is no big deal but i am not going  to commit to any mmorpg unless it feels like i will remain for years to come and if you can't hold my interest more than a few minutes it is a good sign the game is not for me.

New games incoming,there is nothing good right now in the foreseeable future.
    RPG's are not only dead right now but the way they are designed just turns me right off as immersion seems to be a term game devs do not know anything about.

Have code,give players something to do and that is about it for thought put into game designs.

IDK i might have to enter cryogenics and wake up in another 30 years before i see a real developer with real creative developing skills that also understands immersion/pluasible realism.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    I thought standard has been free for a few years now? I've tried GW2 three times and it was free every time for the base game.
    They mean the Standard Version of Path of Fire.

Core is still free, with a lot of restrictions if you opt to make a free account.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.