Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any mobile MMOs that are ACTUALLY good?

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
The Google Play store is so crowded with garbage these days, it's hard to find anything good most of the time. I'd like to see if anyone can recommend a good mobile MMO to play when I'm away from my PC. Something with no monthly sub, since I probably won't play all that often.

So, any recommendations? I'm also fine with downloading an apk if it's something not on the play store.

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I wish there was a good mmo for chromebook...
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    bestever said:
    order and chaos 2 isn't all that bad. Star wars uprising is pretty well done. 
    I didn't know Star Wars Uprising was an MMO. Thought it was single player.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Something tells me it is going to take an ocean of time before we see a mobile MMO that is even remotely close to anything that resembles "actually good". The current payment model alone will keep these games in the dark ages for the forseeable future. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    bestever said:
    brihtwulf said:
    bestever said:
    order and chaos 2 isn't all that bad. Star wars uprising is pretty well done. 
    I didn't know Star Wars Uprising was an MMO. Thought it was single player.
    Its kind of a mmo, you can join a crew and i see people in chat so figured it was close enough. Forgot about forsaken world but it would never let me make a character so can't really say if its any good and like galdrmadhr said Albion online will be in beta soon but you will need to buy a founders pack. Albion Online is really good.
    Yeah that's not an mmo at all man... Mmo stands for massively multiplayer online. Not multiplayer with chat. If it's not mmo it shouldn't be called one. You described a standard multiplayer game. When someone's looking for an mmo specifically it's better to recommend an mmo for them.
  • GalaaGalaa Member UncommonPosts: 32
    i was wondering, why arent any companies making a mobile MMO which is something similar to Ultima Online. Our smart phones and tablets are way more powerful then the PCs we used to play UO back in the 90s. I wouldnt mind playing UO on a tablet when im not at home.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    If you think the Apple or Google store is bad you should see the Amazon store.....It only has a fraction of the games the other two have.
  • jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Galaa said:
    i was wondering, why arent any companies making a mobile MMO which is something similar to Ultima Online. Our smart phones and tablets are way more powerful then the PCs we used to play UO back in the 90s. I wouldnt mind playing UO on a tablet when im not at home.
    As others have mentioned Albion Online. They are attempting just that. You will be able to play on pc and mobile.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Vendetta Online is a great game, and it's on the Google Play store.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682
    Galaa said:
    The likely reason is that investing in an MMO is almost all risk and rarely any reward. Whereas investing in some Bejeweled clone or Tower Defense variant costs like $8 and makes millions. I love MMOs, but I'd never invest a nickel in one over the mobile cash cows out there.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well i think still the most sold game ever is Puzzles and Dragons,might  or maybe not your cup of tea.

Epic games has a good series now in the third installment "Infinity Blade"

Final Fantasy Tactics ,Square Enix has a megaton mobile games.Soon upcoming a FFXI remake for mobile.

All depends on preference ,some people are happy playing Tetris.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The problem with an Ultima or any expansive rpg is that you lose most of the immersion on a small phone or even a tablet.Everyone now is looking for 26" ++ screens to have a more enjoyable view/immersion of what you are playing.

I guess the funniest analogy is that you don't see people lined up for cinemax on an Iphone.The viewing experience is best when enlarged.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited December 2015
    Id settle for a PC MMO that is ACTUALLY good.
  • DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Not an MMO its a MOBA but....

Vainglory.

This game isnt just "good for a tablet game" its a RIDICULOUSLY GOOD MOBA!!!

Free to play. Id suggest you try it if you have any interest in MOBAs at all.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Thupli said:
    *A genie appears*

VO just launched on Chromebook!

https://www.vendetta-online.com/newsletter/11.2020/newsletter.11.2020.html

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Thupli said:
    *A genie appears*

It only took five years to answer that one, still not convinced a game can be good on mobile mind you. :)
    PhaserlightChampie
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    5 year necro.. still good.

Personally, I have been enjoying Empires and Puzzles on my Phone.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Scot said:
    Thupli said:
    *A genie appears*

It only took five years to answer that one, still not convinced a game can be good on mobile mind you. :)
    He also answered it five years ago.
    Scot
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Well I can tell you Star Trek online is so bad that if you went by the Star Trek Mobile game Star Trek Fleet Commander, you would believe mobile mmo games are not only as good, but better.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    If you like Eve Online... give Eve Echoes a try.

But traditional character based mmorpg, nothing imo.  People like Black Desert mobile, but it literally plays itself.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Well I can tell you Star Trek online is so bad that if you went by the Star Trek Mobile game Star Trek Fleet Commander, you would believe mobile mmo games are not only as good, but better.
    Someone who plays the mobile version of BDO said the item upgrade system was not as bad as the original game. That upgrade system introduced P2W in a round about way so if that's true it is better at least in that way.
  • climbscoldingclimbscolding Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Thupli said:
    *A genie appears*

https://www.vendetta-online.com/newsletter/11.2020/newsletter.11.2020.htmlkrunker
    Good news for a fan like me. Thank for the info.
    Champie
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Epic Heroes is seriously an addictive game for the phone... its a card game, sort of? Try on a new server and you are able to get the highest score for maybe a week or so without paying any money.. it sure is grindy and long but extremely fun. Becomes maybe a 30-60 minute per day chore while the first couple days is easily maybe 4 hours?
    Champie

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA