Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dead?

syrionsyrion Member UncommonPosts: 15
Seems to be a dead game. So disappointing. Please tell me I am wrong. Been so long now that they lost a lot of potential revenue. 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Nyghthowler[Deleted User]AmatheSlapshot1188UngoodAsherammeddyck

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Most likely dead, yes.  Seven years in development and still in an early alpha state, and has run into money problems during development.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    If you have backed the game you can check out how dead it is right now, they are running an event this weekend. If you should and/or want to is another question altogether.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    UngoodKyleranTwistedSister77
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    lahnmir said:
    If you have backed the game you can check out how dead it is right now, they are running an event this weekend. If you should and/or want to is another question altogether.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I dont think you should have to pay to see if a game is dead or not. The Repopulation is dead, I paid $35 for it and can play it but it is dead.
    strawhat0981
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Asheram said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I dont think you should have to pay to see if a game is dead or not. The Repopulation is dead, I paid $35 for it and can play it but it is dead.
    In all fairness, I don’t think people backed it back then with the intention of checking out how dead it is now  :D

I feel you on the Repop, backed it for a fair bit more and it went absolutely nowhere.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AsheramViper482
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    For many con jobs Covid 19 was a blessing,it allowed them the opportunity to make excuses and to have nobody working.
    It might not be the same game but i wonder after all this time if people still think Derek Smart was the bad guy or now all these blinded whales now see the light of day?

It is too bad it is human nature to just want to argue with someone else instead of opening their own eyes or thinking a bit for themselves.

KS'r...EA was NEVER a good idea and NEVER will be unless ONE thing happens,the developer makes these backers an actual investor with an actual share in the game.This also means full access to the books and 100% full transparency.That still doesn't mean you won't be scammed as the developer can do all of that and still just do like the COE dude and run away leaving you all empty handed.

If someone came to me and asked 10 years ago "hey you think i should give money to fund this game?"I would look at that person and shake my head and reply,are you a Fn idiot?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's dead Jim.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited November 2020
    I have zero desire to test their engine out for them....because that is all this is...an engine demo. The servers are only open periodically and it is always for an engine type stability /stress test. They will sell this engine when complete and ditch any thought of a game. I lost $100 to this MJ prick to fund his engine development for him, he can go to hell. He knew how much love fans like me had for old school Daoc and schemed to use that to fund his project. Fk him. 
    BruceYeestrawhat0981KyleranAsheram
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Warned yas about MJ long ago , took quite a bit of flack from fanbois and got in an extensive arguement with MJ himself here ..

This never had a chance of what he promised from day one .. The smart kids knew this
    BrainyBruceYee
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    If you guys think this is bad then what about Saga of Lucimia?

Best name for this game I saw earlier today in youtube comments was...

"Scamalot Unchanged"
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Still got more play time out of it than Vanguard Saga of Heroes day 1

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• joshisanonymousjoshisanonymous Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Erm, it's definitely not dead. People seemed to think they could back the game an in a year or two that small studio would finalize an ambitious MMO for them despite the normal development cycle for MMOs from large studios taking far longer. Just because you had crazy expectations of what MMO development looks like doesn't mean the game is dead.

They've got more capital to work with than ever, which also means that their team is now bigger than ever, and they're now, after getting the engine into pretty solid shape, regularly implementing the features they've been talking about all along. You can play every weekend if you're a backer. None of this even kind of points to "the game is dead".
    MightyUncleanKyleran[Deleted User]IRandom

www.joshmcneill.com

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Erm, it's definitely not dead. People seemed to think they could back the game an in a year or two that small studio would finalize an ambitious MMO for them despite the normal development cycle for MMOs from large studios taking far longer. Just because you had crazy expectations of what MMO development looks like doesn't mean the game is dead.

They've got more capital to work with than ever, which also means that their team is now bigger than ever, and they're now, after getting the engine into pretty solid shape, regularly implementing the features they've been talking about all along. You can play every weekend if you're a backer. None of this even kind of points to "the game is dead".
    You realize that people believed that release schedule because that's what Mark Jacobs, the head of CSE, told everyone?
    [Deleted User]Kyleranmeddyck
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You realize that people believed that release schedule because that's what Mark Jacobs, the head of CSE, told everyone?
    I mean yeah, we armchair quarterbacks disagreed completely thinking four or five years was much more likely keeping in mind CU is not a full featured MMORPG, but rather a smaller offshoot focusing on RVR mostly.  (MJs words, not ours)

Boy, were we way off, looking like ten plus years is the optimistic estimate at this point for many of these indie crowd funded MMORPGS.

When and if it ever finally releases will there be many gamers left who actually still care?
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]meddyck

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon