Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paksigue/ Crab Norris

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Anyone remeber this guy? no storry behind him, he just goes around killling at will. I always questioned why they put such an epic mob in a lowby zone like this, till I leveled beyond that area. Sometimes I like to go back to Verteron to piss him off and get him to follow me into the Citadel just to watch him kill all the noobies who think they are strong enough to take him, or sit up on the hill above and watch him steamroll unsuspecting noobs killing Lobnites on the beach.

What's your Paksigue story?

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

The Soul Healer in Verteron probably has more kinah that the rest of the citadel combined, shugos included. xD

<3

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Always thought this guy was hilarious - for any vet players he is so similar to the Mino Hero from Everquest 1 if anyone remembers those days - essentially the same deal, an epic high end mob placed in a low level zone.  From time to time he would run through wipeing most of the zone.

Always love it when devs do that, despite having fallen victim to both the mino hero in eq1 and crab norris in my rangers early days.

• shozikushoziku Member UncommonPosts: 95

EQ had their NPC's like this too.  Fippy Darkpaw or something like that, would troll the front gates of Qeynos, killing any noob who was witihn aggro range.  There was also that barbarian bastard in Everfrost (I think that was the name).  Most players thought it was another player PK'ing illegally.  He was one of 2 brothers in the zone, he was the mean one.

Crab norris prevents botting in this area, and idlers.  Get familiar with any area before you go afk.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Whilst never having met this guy due to being a asmo we have King Consierd a EPIC bird boss with I swear the largest agro range ever.

Ideally placed at the 1 great area for tier 2 herbs for potions and close enough to the 20-30 questing hub in Santilis Desert I have lost count of the amount of times I have seen the likes of "That ********* bird" in legion chat,  NPC placement like this is 2nd only to a GM actually controlling a EPIC mob and running rampage within a quest hub,  SWG was always great for this with GM's often spamming chat with X is being invaded by Rebel/Imperial forces and you ran there and there was just legions of troops there with a GM controlling Vader or Luke (unkillable)

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

This crab reminds me of Hogger in WOW lol

• MarinuMarinu Member Posts: 6

Hm, never really been a fan of crabs.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Lathander81

This crab reminds me of Hogger in WOW lol

If Hogger patrolled in a circle just outside of Goldshire, it'd be a good comparison. :)

<3

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

*thinks up some 'Norris jokes*

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by tillamook

Anyone remeber this guy? no storry behind him, he just goes around killling at will. I always questioned why they put such an epic mob in a lowby zone like this, till I leveled beyond that area. Sometimes I like to go back to Verteron to piss him off and get him to follow me into the Citadel just to watch him kill all the noobies who think they are strong enough to take him, or sit up on the hill above and watch him steamroll unsuspecting noobs killing Lobnites on the beach.

What's your Paksigue story?

1st day of launch i litterally watched 25+ different people rangeing from lvl 10-15 run up to crab norris and fail epicly at killing him.. I'll admit i was victim to this myself a few times.. Once i got to higher lvls it'd be easy to kill him.. I remember when people were amazed at me and my glad friend tanking that tree boss and dinosaur boss just the two of us.. Theres prolly 2man groups that go kill Zapiel now xD

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I hated that douchebag. Patrols right around Vertenon and you're all gung ho about being an Ascended and whatnot. Yea, raped in the face.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

This is one of my biggest issues with AION at the moment. They have corrected a lot of the  problems but this mob training thing is so 10 years ago.  Mobs should only attack those that have initially attacked them and no one else.  It leads to juvenille activities like the OP mentioned.  Lord of the Rings has this down good and NCSoft could learn from them in this case. 

• daryondaryon Member Posts: 28

Haha i just started Aion today and not more than an hour ago that damn crab ganked me!

Got to lvl 13 and was jus winding down for the night killing those "slinky" things for hides for a quest. Was late so hardly anyone around. I spot super crab making his rounds and think yeah, no one is gonna see me humiliate myself so bring it! He hits me once for 3/4 of my health so i do the honourable thing and run. didn't get far.

About 10 minutes later i didn't even see him comin. Bam 3/4 heath gone so i start running. Wife is behind me watching and says, "can't you fly up outta the way?" So i fly straight up, get a fair distance and i'm like yeah, fu crab dude... And he shoots me with some magic ball of doom and i die in the air.. :)

This aint over Paksigue. I'll be back... in about 10 lvls or so. :)

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    I've been thinking about this crab..anyone know if it's still a thing? xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited November 2020
    Tiller said:
    I've been thinking about this crab..anyone know if it's still a thing? xD
    You know what's interesting, in the recent thread about all MMOs that released on top of each other... Aion was not mentioned (I think)

I was so busy with the others, I wanted to, but didn't try it.

PS - I always order crab ragone as an appetizer from Chinese takeout. B)