Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Queen's Gambit

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
If you like chess, or just a good story, I recommend watching the netflix series Queen's Gambit. I really liked it. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

[Deleted User]Po_ggcheyaneKyleranIselin

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Same goes for the novel, for the more old-fashioned :)

Anya was a great pick for the role though, and it's a really good miniseries.
    Amathe
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    edited November 2020
    I saw that one and I immediately liked it. Husband and I are going to be watching this very soon as soon as we finish the new Alienist season.

We watch shows on my computer sitting very snugly next to each other and often yelling at each other when one talks and interrupts the other. Lot of quality time spent together and being married for as long as we have it is really quite a good way to be in each other's company without killing each other. I don't like the big hall where my TV sits, it is cold and vast in there and I prefer the small room.

We were watching Penny Dreadful and this is the thing I hate about Netflix they just take shows off without warning. I try to use a VPN to watch in the States but then Netflix keeps detecting my VPN. Then halfway through the last season Netflix removed Penny Dreadful from US too. Weirdest thing was over 2 months it would suddenly appear for a day and then disappear again. 

I also managed to bribe my husband into watching Haikyu and initially he said there is no way I'm watching a sports anime. He was hooked after the second episode and we finished season three in 2 days and are now watching To the Top season 4. Hahahahahaha

He also loved March Comes in Like a Lion which is about Japanese Chess called Shogi. The game is far more complicated than chess.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Amathe
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    It's as much a story about addiction and recovery as it is about chess which makes it have a powerful message.
    Amathecheyane

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• harrymcdonaldharrymcdonald Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Can't wait to play
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Loved the ending too...

when she decided to celebrate with everyday chess people.

Amathe
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED