Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gentlemen/Ha(e)llboys/Einherjar Servants of Jupiter and Saturn Revelations=BigBang/Flood/Ragnarok

13»

Comments

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

Dyēus was the Sky or Day conceived as a divine entity, and thus the dwelling of the gods, the Heaven.[6] As the gateway to the deities and the father of both the Divine Twins and the goddess of the Dawn (Hausōs), Dyēus was a prominent deity in the Proto-Indo-European pantheon.[16][17] He was however likely not their ruler or the holder of the supreme power like Zeus and Jupiter.[6]

Dyēus was associated with the bright and vast sky, but also to the cloudy weather in the Vedic and Greek formulas *Dyēus' rain.[18] Although several reflexes of Dyēus are storm deities, such as Zeus and Jupiter, this is thought to be a late development exclusive to Mediterranean traditions, probably derived from syncretism with Canaanite deities and the Proto-Indo-European god Perkwunos.[19]

Due to his celestial nature, Dyēus is often described as "all-seeing" or "with wide vision" in Indo-European myths. It is unlikely however that he was in charge of the supervision of justice and righteousness, as it was the case for the Zeus or the Indo-Iranian MithraVaruna duo; but he was suited to serve at least as a witness to oaths and treaties.[20] Proto-Indo-Europeans also visualized the sun as the "lamp of Dyēus" or the "eye of Dyēus", as seen in various reflexes: "the god's lamp" in Euripides' Medes, "heaven's candle" in Beowulf, "the land of Hatti's torch" (the Sun-goddess of Arinna) in a Hittite prayer,[21] Helios as the eye of Zeus,[22][23] Hvare-khshaeta as the eye of Ahura Mazda, and the sun as "God's eye" in Romanian folklore.

edited November 2020

Psalm 2

1 Why do the nations conspire,
        and the peoples plot in vain?
    2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
        and the rulers take counsel together,
        against the Lord and his anointed, saying,
    3 “Let us burst their bonds asunder,
        and cast their cords from us.”

4 He who sits in the heavens laughs;
        the Lord has them in derision.
    5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
        and terrify them in his fury, saying,
    6 “I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill.”

7 I will tell of the decree of the Lord:
    He said to me, “You are my son;
        today I have begotten you.
    8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
        and the ends of the earth your possession.
    9 You shall break them with a rod of iron,
        and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”

10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
        be warned, O rulers of the earth.
    11 Serve the Lord with fear,
        with trembling 12 kiss his feet,[a]
    or he will be angry, and you will perish in the way;
        for his wrath is quickly kindled.

Happy are all who take refuge in him.

Revelation 2

The Message to Thyatira

18 “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze:

19 “I know your works—your love, faith, service, and patient endurance. I know that your last works are greater than the first. 20 But I have this against you: you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet and is teaching and beguiling my servants[b] to practice fornication and to eat food sacrificed to idols. 21 I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her fornication. 22 Beware, I am throwing her on a bed, and those who commit adultery with her I am throwing into great distress, unless they repent of her doings; 23 and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am the one who searches minds and hearts, and I will give to each of you as your works deserve. 24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call ‘the deep things of Satan,’ to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden; 25 only hold fast to what you have until I come. 26 To everyone who conquers and continues to do my works to the end,

I will give authority over the nations;
    27 to rule[c] them with an iron rod,
        as when clay pots are shattered—

28 even as I also received authority from my Father. To the one who conquers I will also give the morning star.