Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Development Stream

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
In case you missed it, here is the video, will be adding time stamps of info as I watch it. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/786064298
AmatheWellspringKumapon

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Interesting that VR uses Houdini to build the world. I have never seen it work with unity. It's always with unreal. 

I have seen amazing stuff from Houdini. So the fact they are embracing it is very encouraging. I think once their pipeline is fleshed out more it should allow some good stuff to happen at a rapid pace. Implementing new & big software like this comes with a learning curve for sure to get it in integrated into the pipeline.
    KyleranNanfoodle
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Kumapon said:
    Interesting that VR uses Houdini to build the world. I have never seen it work with unity. It's always with unreal. 

I have seen amazing stuff from Houdini. So the fact they are embracing it is very encouraging. I think once their pipeline is fleshed out more it should allow some good stuff to happen at a rapid pace. Implementing new & big software like this comes with a learning curve for sure to get it in integrated into the pipeline.
    Houdini has been adding patches to work with Unity, this was mentioned in the video. This video was very boring unless you like development information. I enjoy watching how games are made but Im 1/2 though the video and not a thing worth mentioning other then with Houdini, their production will go allot faster. 
    Kyleran
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited November 2020
    This video is much more compact and talks about how much things have sped up with these new tools and the new lead programer. The Rogue class they highlighted was built in just 2 weeks and the Wizard was done even faster. The Rogue tool kit and play style looked awesome IMO but this video is well worth the watch. 

Amathecheyane