Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 kiss my a..

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    foxgirl said:
    Skip MP and give us 3rd person.
    That never really bothers me, but we have loads of multiplayer games so yes, 3rd person is more important than yet another multiplayer option. To me multiplayer plus the reduced story is signs CD Project is listening too much to marketing.
    AlBQuirkyxpsync
  • DarkLight1337DarkLight1337 Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    Personally, I'm really looking forward to the game, especially on the new consoles. The trailers look very promising and the gameplay can be customized according to your own preferences depending on the class.

The fact that the game doesn't have a multiplaxer doesn't bother me as much, since games like GTA took a while to integrate a decent multiplayer. I would rather wait a while and get a high-quality add-on with fewer bugs etc. right from the start.
    AlBQuirkyRoinxpsync[Deleted User]
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Aeander said:
    Singleplayer games are still the best and most important games in the industry.
    Wrong they are an insult to an consumer base that demands replayability which they don't usually offer.
    AlBQuirkyIselinAeandercameltosisBrotherMaynardxpsync
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Kootur said:
    Aeander said:
    Wrong they are an insult to an consumer base that demands replayability which they don't usually offer.

Depending on the game, I might agree.

However, the Fallout, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, SW:KotOR, and Divinity: Original Sin single player series would like a word with you :)
    [Deleted User]GroqstrongRoinxpsync[Deleted User]kitarad

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Kootur said:
    Aeander said:
    I'll take Dumbest Quotes of 2020 for 1,000, Alex.
    SovrathWhiteLanternAlBQuirkycheyaneBrotherMaynardRoinxpsynckitarad
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2020
    WE have a lot of MP games that play like single player games.
    I also disagree single player games are a thing of the past.I do however feel BOTH single and MP have their place,i just wish we had some better developers to make actual MP games and not just single player with a login screen.

I do want replayability but I am not sure what side of the fence even caters to that.MANY single player games I  toss aside in the first 20 minutes because the yare that bad,same goes for MP games.

With MP games I guess it depends on HOW you play the game,most I would say just play to beat the game,get end level and end loot and call it a day.So for the majority the replay value would be in a reroll but since they would likely still play the game the exact same way,nothing changes for value.

PS  Teddie the Nuge was my favorite band growing up,i think after the Beatles it was my fave band and soon became the band for me.The excerpt in my year book says AKA Ted Nugent and true story ,my school was a high end music school and actually got a Ted Nugent cover band in to play because of me,everyone knew how much a Nuge fan I was.

As to Cyberpunk,it does not impress me even in the least.I saw that the dev said something about NOT playing it like GTA,well when you pretty much COPIED the GTA look,you should expect some comparisons.IMO it is also a VERY similar design,grab a mission,mostly 2D buildings with no insides,just giant billboards rinse and repeat.

They talked about "consequence"well in early GTA games you pissed off the wrong people and the cops literally chased you with a see through radar all over the city.So basically a ONE trick pony as they claim a certain mission giver or important NPC is killed your screwed.IMO MOST of the value from the game will be players walking around checking out the different locations,the actual game play will be very ho hum.

AlBQuirkyxpsync

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Multiplayer...

I just chatted with my son and he said he's giving up on consoles because multiplayer is now mostly "online" and no longer "share a couch with friends" which is what he likes :)
    laseritRoinxpsyncSovrath

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    So i had high hopes and hypes for this game until i heard there is no multiplayer/coop in it until year 2022...
    a whole damm year to wait. I hate single player games..waste of time if you ask me.

I want to play with or against real people and meet em online in any forms.
    That is what rocks the boat for me.

So im not gona buy this early indie beta game haha :D
    Until year 2022 and it will prolly be delayed to 2025 or something

AsheramrojoArcueidRoinxpsyncHyperpsycrow
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Stupid thread. Multi-player was discussed as a secondary feature and wasn't even considered in the first iteration or announcement. It was always meant to be single-player. I imagine this guy is mad cause he was one the hackers banned fGTA rom for making it shitshow for anyone else wanting to play random sessions.

IselinAlBQuirkyxpsync[Deleted User]Hyperpsycrow
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky[Deleted User]YashaXRoinxpsync[Deleted User]Hyperpsycrow
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Gameplay and story is what I am more worried about . Multiplayer isn't even on my radar.
    YashaXAlBQuirkyxpsync[Deleted User]laserit

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Its got more dialogue than than TW3 so I think story is going to be good.

AlBQuirkyxpsync
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited October 2020
    TBH didn't knew MP would even be possible in this game, I'm all for singleplayer, but ofc a special snowflake is pissed well ofc you can skip it.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]xpsync
  • CrystallineNMCrystallineNM Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Aeander said:
    I won't be buying it for a while because of lack of third person.

They should have scrapped your stupid fucking multiplayer mode entirely and used those resources to add a perspective choice.
    Never before have I agreed with another statement so strongly.
    TillerAeanderAlBQuirkyxpsync
  • chriskillianchriskillian Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited May 2021
    Anyway I will still buy it :) 

Gaana Music MOD APK opens up your music world. This service allows you to stream, download and listens offline to millions of the most popular Hindi songs.

Post edited by chriskillian on
    AlBQuirkyxpsyncHyperpsycrow
  • ghrendel7ghrendel7 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    considering it's a pen and paper/ TT IP.....multiplayer should've been a thing from the start. removing the social aspect from it, makes the game have a completely different identity to me.
    AlBQuirkyxpsync
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    eh. my feels are.. if I have to be online anyway to play the game, playing single plater seems kinda stupid. I know.. I know.. I'm out of date with all the always-on craze, but for me, single player games were for when I could not connect to the internet.

I mean.. really in the modern times, with people as connected as they, it seems rather pointless to not at least offer co-op play of 2 people, at the very least, up to say maybe 6 max, so you could play these games with close friends or family.

But, To each their own on that one.
    xpsyncAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

AlBQuirky said:
    Kootur said:
    Aeander said:

However, the Fallout, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, SW:KotOR, and Divinity: Original Sin single player series would like a word with you :)
    All of which are great games.. but would any of them not be better games if you could play them with someone else, like a close friend or family member?

As I see it, there is no reason to not at least offer co-op play (for at least 2 people to play together) for all these games if you are going to have to be online anyway.
    xpsyncAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Kootur said:
    Aeander said:
    This is a ridiculous statement. It's like saying a book or movie can't be experienced again. People do it all the time.

It's ok for a game to have a finite point and if a person wants to replay it then they can.

Insult? The world you live in seems a bit precious.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Ungood said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Kootur said:
    Aeander said:

All of which are great games.. but would any of them not be better games if you could play them with someone else, like a close friend or family member?

As I see it, there is no reason to not at least offer co-op play (for at least 2 people to play together) for all these games if you are going to have to be online anyway.
    Playing any game with someone else is a completely different experience. It's why horror games don't work with another person.

So better? Probably not. Different? Yes. And, if someone finds that different "better" than more power to them. I love playing left4dead with a friend. But that's about "something else" all together and not really about the game itself.

AlBQuirky

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I was hoping it would have had co-op at the min. Not that you always play together but you could allow; for example my boys in the world you might run into them or you might not, or do stuff together.

I've not had much success with single player games as late anyway, big name games too, DOS2 probably half way in with no idea when i'll get back to it, mmorpg's ftw.

They need to sell/spin mmorpg's differently, it's all been discussed to death about the death.

Things like we have facebook and twitter so meeting peeps from all over the world in game isn't the same, i disagree.

Facebook and twitter are cesspools, meeting people in mmorpg has a immediate benefit in that you already share a common interest. tbh i don't use twitter or facebook so i've no idea if you can form friendships with strangers as strong as that which can be forged within an mmorpg world.

AlBQuirky
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
    Sovrath said:
    Ungood said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Kootur said:
    Aeander said:

Playing any game with someone else is a completely different experience. It's why horror games don't work with another person.

So better? Probably not. Different? Yes. And, if someone finds that different "better" than more power to them. I love playing left4dead with a friend. But that's about "something else" all together and not really about the game itself.

Why don't horror games work with other people?

Isn't that what made the Horror genre so great on a movie screen, was finding your companions dead knowing you're next?

Can you imagine how cool a game like Among us would be, if we could play as the egg people things crewmates, with one active imposter out to kill you.

Not to mention a whole slew of games like Dead by Daylight, and the like.

I mean, even a game like the Witcher, if you could play that with a best friend, that game would be epic. If the game offers any choice of characters, Multiplayer is an open door. I get that in the Witcher it revolves around Geralt, but there is hardly only one "Witcher", as there is a whole order and school of them. Much like Wizards in Harry Potter, sure, Harry was the main character, but, there was no shortage of other options.

A little creativity, and the Witcher could have been made into a great milti-player game.

in Contrast to that, I suppose a game like Batman, where everyone wants to be Batman, and there really is only one Batman, no one would want to play Robin the boy in tights, I could see that being a bit of a stifle, but on the flip side of that, in a game like Elder Scrolls, there was nothing unique about your character to the point that other people could not be playing alongside you. Would make a great team based game, for friends and family, like the old lan days.. but better, because if my bother lives, say, 1200 miles away, we can play a game together and not worry about getting our game sidetracked by the random douchebaggery of MMO's and MOBA's that playing among legions of strangers can bring.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirkylaserit

Ungood said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Kootur said:
    Aeander said:

Options are usually good, yes. Would any of the games I mentioned be "better" if shared with others? Not at all for me. For others, yes. Most have mods designed for multiplayer experiences. However, in a choice between MP or 3rd person (neither in Cyber Punk), I'll take 3rd person almost every time.

In story driven RPGs, single player for me, please. Otherwise it's like reading a book with someone else. Worse, they may read faster or slower than you. I want to do what I want, when I want to do it. Multiplayer means consideration for others' fun. That's not always the experience I'm looking for, but it can be fun :)
    Ungoodlaserit

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

Ungood said:

Why don't horror games work with other people?

Isn't that what made the Horror genre so great on a movie screen, was finding your companions dead knowing you're next?

Can you imagine how cool a game like Among us would be, if we could play as the egg people things crewmates, with one active imposter out to kill you.

Not to mention a whole slew of games like Dead by Daylight, and the like.

Because it becomes less about the horror and that feeling of dread and more about shootin' the shit with your multi-player friends.

That back and forth destroys the horror feeling, the feeling of doom, dilutes it. It then creates a different game play experience. 

However, as you point out, playing against players in a horror game could work. Then again, if they don't play their roles to a T you are going to get some monster goofing around and again, diluting the experience.
    IselinAlBQuirky

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited November 2020
    Sovrath said:
    ... and more about shootin' the shit with your multi-player friends.

That back and forth destroys the horror feeling, the feeling of doom, dilutes it. It then creates a different game play experience. 

I think that applies to more than just horror games and is why many games work best as single player. It's a totally different experience when it's just you and the game.

There's ample room for both types of games and there are very different design choices that need to be made to do single player games and multiplayer games properly.

Saying that all single player games should be multiplayer makes as little sense to me as saying that all books should be read with others :)
    SovrathAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED