Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's Upcoming BlizzConline Will Be Free To Watch | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageBlizzard's Upcoming BlizzConline Will Be Free To Watch | MMORPG.com

Earlier today, Blizzard president J Allen Brack announced via a new YouTube video that the company's upcoming BlizzConline will be free for all to watch online.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,071
    Should be renamed to: FyreFest Chat 2020
    [Deleted User]

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Would be something if people would need to pay for this shit show..
    JeroKaneqoma
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Why wouldn't it be free? That would be like paying to watch a 3 day infomercial.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 86
    "Activision-blizzard's Upcoming BlizzConline Will Be Free To Watch"

I fixed your title for you. Your welcome.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    edited November 2020
    It's free, because there is nothing exciting to talk about.

Diablo 4 and OverWatch 2 are still in development and far out.

WoW Shadowlands releases in 3 weeks.

So what else is there to talk about? Other than running advertisements for ActiVision?

Why even bother with a Blizzcon this year at all.
    jimmywolfNanfoodle
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2020

JeroKane said:

It's free, because there is nothing exciting to talk about.

Diablo 4 and OverWatch 2 are still in development and far out.

WoW Shadowlands releases in 3 weeks.

So what else is there to talk about? Other than running advertisements for ActiVision?

Why even bother with a Blizzcon this year at all.

Well I have three theories..
    1 They have something planned to sell and likely connects to perks in their games.
    2 They can still make some decent money off this online,especially with sponsors which they most certainly will have.
    3 They always need to advertise.They have a marketing team,they get paid to do marketing/advertising,if they are not doing anything why would Blizzard pay them?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Lost Vikings 3
    Rock and Roll Racing Redux
    Blackthorne 2

Plenty of exciting sequals possible  :D

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

JeroKanejimmywolf
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited November 2020

lahnmir said:

Lost Vikings 3
    Blackthorne 2

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

You forgot Warcraft 3 re-re-release. Maybe a third time is the charm and they finally get it right. :naughty:
    Post edited by JeroKane on
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I'll watch the highlights here. You guys will be covering it right. Thanks in advance.
    xpsyncSequriem

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    JeroKane said:

lahnmir said:

Lost Vikings 3
    Blackthorne 2

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

You forgot Warcraft 3 re-re-release. Maybe a third time is the charm and they finally get it right. :naughty:
    multiplayer is finally working right and crowded.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I like free!

Will i spare the time? I dunno there is huge difference from being there at a convention and an online one, hint; online f'ing blows, boring af.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

kitarad said:

I'll watch the highlights here. You guys will be covering it right. Thanks in advance.

Actually that's a great idea.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Time is money

I'll watch it if Blizzard pays me.
    xpsyncIselinJeroKanekitarad

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Well whoop dee doo. lol I can watch there marketing to me. I will be enthralled.
    xpsync
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Only one announcement could potentially get my attn.

TBC Classic

xpsync

TBC Classic

Unfortunately the last ting i want is a classic BC and Wrath. Burnt those expansions out back in the day.

All i want is a classic server which remains that way, classic. Classic has a certain charm which feels nothing like BC onward for me.

Strangely i love BFA onward because it feels nothing like old wow.

• redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited November 2020
    when they say "we LOVE computer games..." i just know they are gonna be full of shit.
    and they ALWAYS say that.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    My take on this is that it's simply about the fact that there is no live Blizzcon with a fee to enter the conference so any plausible sounding reason to charge for the stream dies with that.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    The only thing that would pique my interest is a D2 remaster announcement that actually looks good.  After WC3:Refunded, I'm not confident even though Vicarious Visions is the rumored developer.

D4 is years away from showing anything worth spending money on.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    laserit said:
    Time is money

I'll watch it if Blizzard pays me.
    Spoken like a true goblin.

The only thing that would pique my interest is a D2 remaster announcement that actually looks good.  After WC3:Refunded, I'm not confident even though Vicarious Visions is the rumored developer.

D4 will release much sooner than you think. Since Blizzard is no more and ActiVision is in full control, it will release as soon as they have a minimal viable product. Slap an aggressive Cash Shop on it, loot boxes or hell....maybe even trying to revive the disaster that was Real Money Auction house. Add an expansion/DLC pass to boot. Just to maximum milk the Diablo brand.

After the BfA expansion disaster, it should be pretty clear that Blizzard as you know it no longer exist. Releasing stuff when it's done is no longer the motto of the company.
    JeroKane said:

D4 will release much sooner than you think. Since Blizzard is no more and ActiVision is in full control, it will release as soon as they have a minimal viable product. Slap an aggressive Cash Shop on it, loot boxes or hell....maybe even trying to revive the disaster that was Real Money Auction house. Add an expansion/DLC pass to boot. Just to maximum milk the Diablo brand.

After the BfA expansion disaster, it should be pretty clear that Blizzard as you know it no longer exist. Releasing stuff when it's done is no longer the motto of the company.
    If it releases in a crummy state they won't have nearly the faith of players that D3 had,  but I'm sure it will sell a ton and lose players fast.  I won't touch it unless it has amazing customization and itemization.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited November 2020
    xpsync said:

TBC Classic

Unfortunately the last ting i want is a classic BC and Wrath. Burnt those expansions out back in the day.

All i want is a classic server which remains that way, classic. Classic has a certain charm which feels nothing like BC onward for me.

They could add new servers for TBC as needed. You start with a new character and level up from scratch, but give classic level 60 players the option of a character transfer over to the expansion. I suppose it might split guilds, but Expansions always did that anyway.

This would give players the option to remain in classic or press on. The population would have to remain very high for that though.

xpsync said:

TBC Classic

Well they will always have classic only servers.  But it was obvious from the beginning that they would choose to go with TBC and WOTLK rather than add content and tiers to classic.  Although it is possible that somewhere down the line that they will make classic+ content.
    itscrow said:

Blizz-Con-Line... J. A. Brack, "You think you do..." Only reason he is up so far is because he'll tow the Activision line. Look how many Blizz founders have left the company. And are starting their own companies. Activision has stifled Blizz and made them destroy the company they used to love. Blizz used to love their fans and actually listen to them. Now with Brack in charge they only answer to the almighty dollar. The only ones who have stayed just love the money they make.

Who's starting their own company? They left because they are retiring, there's still no evidence of blizzard employee's leaving because of activision. Fat Dork!

I can't tell if you are trolling but here are the two biggies:

https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/23/blizzard-cofounder-mike-morhaime-launches-new-gaming-endeavor-dreamhaven/

https://venturebeat.com/2020/10/27/ex-blizzard-dev-chris-metzen-unveils-warchief-gaming-tabletop-game-company/#:~:text=Ex%2DBlizzard%20dev%20Chris%20Metzen%20unveils%20Warchief%20Gaming%20tabletop%20game%20company,-Dean%20Takahashi%40deantak