Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes has Released a Halloween Video to Show Off Themed Missions | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageShip of Heroes has Released a Halloween Video to Show Off Themed Missions | MMORPG.com

Heroic Games has released a Ship of Heroes Halloween video depicting some spooky surroundings and Halloween themed baddies. The team continues to push forward with debugging and creating missions as they make their way towards launch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    What did I just watch?
    MendelValdheimJeroKane
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    That was 4:43 of my life I won't get back.

Video.  Nice that they sped up the 30 minute playtime.  However, they managed to play the part where they went to the wrong door and walked over to the mission giver (!) (eventually) in regular time.  I couldn't see much of the actual encounters -- nuke from distance is the only tactic displayed.  And how did the player know to stop and buff up before the boss mob.  Something tells me that this will rely a lot on map memory (and/or spoiler sites).

I couldn't really read the quest text to form an assessment of the writing, my contacts are acting up this afternoon.  I doubt I'll watch that again to actually get a good look at the writing.  The whole thing looked pretty low-res and nondescript.

And what was that dreadful noise?  Are they trying to pass that off as music?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited October 2020
    it's nice to see these small content updates. BTW Iris is not that scary.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

Mendel said:

And how did the player know to stop and buff up before the boss mob.  Something tells me that this will rely a lot on map memory (and/or spoiler sites).

I

u can see on the radar the tons of red dots
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I like the game, but the video was sped up so fast it was unwatchable.
    SovrathTokken

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    3 shot the boss at end... fun times!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited October 2020
    Long live CoH! Well, technically it's on life support.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Why did they speed up that video? I could have done it myself and it would have been far more watchable.
    Chamber of Chains
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    This is one of the most uninspired, bland and generic looking games I have ever seen. I just can't imagine a single person looking at the development of this project and getting excited by it.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

This is one of the most uninspired, bland and generic looking games I have ever seen. I just can't imagine a single person looking at the development of this project and getting excited by it.

Can't believe that others might have a different opinion? The forum would be a truly boring place if everyone believed the same thing.
    RexKushmanAmathe

I self identify as a monkey.

• coleman11bcoleman11b Member UncommonPosts: 76
    This game just looks so bad. Even the basic setup and design of that room looks like a grab bag of store purchased 3d models that were thrown in there without any thought to how it looked. Some Chesterfield sofas, a doctor strange looking clock, a globe, random cinderblock wall, and a beautiful tile floor that gives way to a country-hearth looking flower bed. Considering the fact that devs typically show the best parts of their games in previews, I shutter to think what the rest of this "game" looks like.
  • jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    why is this game still not launched lol