Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Reroll: Blade & Soul | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageMMO Reroll: Blade & Soul | MMORPG.com

In this edition of MMO Reroll, Mitch takes a look at Blade & Soul and how it feels playing the MMO for the first time in 2020.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Do you know a website that explains how the weapons are upgraded and where you obtain the first one?
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    It was a good, fun experience. It has quite some potential, wouldn't say no to more B+S goodness preferably in Single Player format. Look, a guy can dream, can't he?
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    The new class looked so cool and it almost made me re-install....then I realized it was Lyn-only.
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

Gorwe said:

It was a good, fun experience. It has quite some potential, wouldn't say no to more B+S goodness preferably in Single Player format. Look, a guy can dream, can't he?

While playing I often thought a single player game with the same combat style and visual aesthetics would be great. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice and Ghost of Tsushima both have the aesthetics and good combat. Genshin Impact has a different art style but has flying and jumping and throws a layer of exploration on top of the mechanics that I find fantastic.

Jamar870 said:

Do you know a website that explains how the weapons are upgraded and where you obtain the first one?

I never made it that far but you should get your first weapon, either Dawnforged or Riftwalk by doing the story quests. I don't know exactly what level you get it since every guide I found always started with "get your weapon through the story quests." Although a veteran player may have a better place to start I recommend doing a search for BnS Academy. They seem to have the most up to date info.

Good luck in your adventures!

Kataal said:

The new class looked so cool and it almost made me re-install....then I realized it was Lyn-only.

I get your concern about the race lock. I generally go with human races unless there are Dwarves - Dwarves are always the best choice - so I was not overly excited about being Lyn, but I did my best with the character creator to minimize the ears and tail. I have to say that the only moment while playing that actually made me laugh out loud was when I closed my inventory screen and found myself standing next to the biggest damn Gon I had ever seen. I am pretty sure I didn't even come up to his knees. It was so absurd it was funny.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Never going to trust NCSoft again.
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    This game excelled at one thing for me and that was combat.

Honestly to this day I've never had such a good combat experience, especially in PvP. The only other MMORPG that came close was Age of Conan. BnS was the only game where watching a duell was entertaining because you could SEE every ability the same way you can see it in a beat 'em up like Street Fighter/Tekken etc. You could actually read your opponent.

Unfortunately that was the only positive thing for me because everything else felt lackluster.
    Boring quests, story, character design (some exceptions), racelock and most importantly this weird rng based weapon/equipment upgrade system with it's 100 different currencies.

I really wish there would be a new MMORPG with a BnS-like combat system.
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited October 2020
    Also, sad to hear that you gave up. Don't know what made you think you'd need all those combos(outside of PvP), but you don't. Hell, there are classes out there which have like 2-3 key abilities. AND there are much more complex rotations in other MMOs.

With that said, yes, B+S has its problems. Developer(NC) being probably the biggest one. And that causes ripple effects in the game. Be it semi-asian grind, be it stupid decisions(B+S has very enjoyable story and combat, no need to focus on the endgame that hard) or any other reason.

It has some pretty big artistic, gameplay and pvp values. It's just not very good at the social part, though I don't really care about that(I don't anyone to enjoy Bruce Lee movies or Little China). And various other assorted NC nonsense.

Also, stop being RetardSoft and just release on Steam already. You'll only have good things from that move!
    Post edited by Gorwe on
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I tried this game when it came out but the combat was too hard for me. Can you guys recommend some class with easier combat or a pet class that I could play.

• NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 45
    game is a joke. the only redeeming feature of this is it's combat, everything else is literally scummy bait & switch bs.
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    B&S? It seemed like they focused more on T&A to me.... I mean blades sure, but to me the game had no soul, I didn't connect at all with it and I tried. I always try to like the new shiny but for me most new and shiny actually are dull and dim.
  • FelonmyunfFelonmyunf Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Hell im an active BnS gamer. To some of your questions the only upgradeable weapons/accessories in game are at 55lvl now. Also the fastest way to level up would be only doing the main storyline the yellow quests in a 4 hour span you can hit about level 30-40 just by doing this as i have a astromancer its what i have done and took my only a fee days to hit max level the farming for weapons upgrades hits around level 55 now. Yes its changed i returned to this change of the game myself and wondered ehat was wrong with it before. Also before every nee class release a free lvl 60 voucher is gifted through other sites as key codes not everyone is able to get them but many do i hope my reply may havr answered some questions.