Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Todd Howard Says Restricting Elder Scrolls 6 to Microsoft Platforms is 'Hard to Imagine' | MMORPG.co

2»

Comments

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    It works better this way for Microsoft tbh. Putting Elder Scrolls on Game Pass day 1 with a time exclusive deal to release it later on PS5 itself is a big advantage and console seller imo. On top of that seeing the AAA title prices on PS5, I won't be surprised if they release new Bethesda releases on PS5 with a $70/€80 price tag. It's a hard pill to swallow for Elder Scrolls fans on PS5.

There are a lot of good titles on PS5 that I like but even I consider on buying Series X at first because how good the game pass is at this point.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    "Todd Howard Says Restricting Elder Scrolls 6 to Microsoft Platforms is 'Hard to Imagine' ".

I forgot to mention, of course he finds it hard to imagine, otherwise how will you sell it to consoles? Ker-ching!!
    cheyane
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Zegaloth said:

As a PC gamer, I stopped liking the franchise after Morrowind. It is blatant and irritating that the following editions were designed for the console and as usual are terrible translations onto the PC. I'm tired of the industry dumbing down PC games in order to appeal to the console and mobile crowd. We are separate audiences and we deserve targeted client software.

Morrowind was on the original Xbox.

PC gaming has always been a niche market compared to console gaming, and it will continue to be niche because the money to develop a PC exclusive game just isn't incentive enough to do so.

Couple that with the fact that keyboard and mouse is the least comfortable method of play for extended sessions, and the only thing left to do is simplify the inputs enough for it to fit properly onto a controller. I have carpel tunnel in both of my wrists from playing too many PC games, and I can't even play with a keyboard, and mouse for longer than an hour without intense pain. so I am grateful that controller support continues to be something developers are thinking about.
    Morrowind was on the PC top sellers list for years.  (Top20)   I doubt the xbox version had those legs. Modding scene was unavailable.  Also, there were bugs in the Xbox version that were unfixable, and if your playthrough hit them, you were done.

Not to denigrate your issues, if the game doesn't have a good K&M control set up, I don't play it.  Controllers don't cut it for me.  If the port is poor, that's often what you get because controller has become the defacto mode of operation.  With certain exceptions, I feel K&M is the best control option.   

Now if more games supported joysticks....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    In other news Todd Howard is a well known liar.
    Bloviator par excellance!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I stopped reading right after "Todd Howard says..."
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Sorry but i wouldn't trust anything Tod says. Microsoft didn't spend Billions of dollar just to sit on the sidelines. I can see an Xbox launch first just like they did with PSO2.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Todd Howard also said "it just works" and "16 times the detail".

It means nothing.

As a PC gamer, I stopped liking the franchise after Morrowind. It is blatant and irritating that the following editions were designed for the console and as usual are terrible translations onto the PC. I'm tired of the industry dumbing down PC games in order to appeal to the console and mobile crowd. We are separate audiences and we deserve targeted client software.

Morrowind was designed for PC and it's controls were awful on PC. You are tired of the industry "dumbing down" pc games to appeal to consoles, and I'm tired of people using that lame excuse. A lot of PC only games from back in the day played terribly, no wonder they had to be limited to mouse clicks only. If anything, being able to simulate a DPAD via WASD is a major improvement for PC games.

Wow this is just stupid. I played Morrowind for years on PC and the controls were fine.
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited November 2020
    In other words he saw dollar signs and was like yes! Who cares about the community as long as I get money. I can easily see Microsoft trying to get every game from Bethesda away from Sony. Microsoft is still feeling the massacre of the Xbox due to Playstation 4 out selling by what double?

This whole exclusive nonsense got old years ago. I wish these multi billion dollar companies would get over the greed for more money and just let people decide on the console they want. It shouldn't be about what console has which game it should be about more than that. Like I myself have always liked Sony's consoles because for me they have had far less issues and they just work. My PS1 and PS2 still run like a dream. Every Xbox I have owned ended up dying on me within 4 years. So, even if Sony had crappy games I would still want to stick with Playstation because for me anyway I know it will work. It's also why I bought a PS5 because I know it's going to work and work well.
    PC gaming is still generally nice because it's not limited to things like if a certain game can only run on AMD or Nvidia.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다