Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk Devs Receiving Death Over New Delay | MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Iselin said:
    Taranx said:
    Kind of sums up 2020 and the state of our civilization. We need an alien invasion to sort us all out.
    Not sure an alien invasion would do the trick. I think we need a full-on rapture.
    Yes, please. That would get rid of all the religious whackos.
    Iselin
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Iselin said:
    Taranx said:
    Kind of sums up 2020 and the state of our civilization. We need an alien invasion to sort us all out.
    Not sure an alien invasion would do the trick. I think we need a full-on rapture.

Iselin
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited October 2020
    It just takes one lunatic to end a life. Look at those poor folks who lost their heads in France. Just one knife so I would be terrified if I got a death threat. Why should the developers of Cyberpunk 2077 be any different. They are human and they are afraid. They have every right to better protection and the authorities need to act.

Sick to death of people excusing this as just threats and that the people issuing those threats don't actually mean it. How the fuck are they suppose to know that some random person on the internet does not mean to kill them?
    Asheram[Deleted User]Mendel

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    You'd think by now that companies whose employees receive threats would know to simply report this activity to the authorities.  The are several government agencies capable of turning an Internet pseudonym into a real name and address.  This type of behavior is worth a 30-minute visit by the police.  It'd be even nicer if the perpetrator had to somehow foot that bill instead of the taxpayers.

Not taking actions against these types of threats is essentially 'rewarding' that behavior by publicity and a "I got away with it" feeling.  Anyone with children knows what type of behavior to expect when one action is rewarded.  We, as a society, are getting a lot of questionable and objectionable behavior in our makeup.

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Mendel said:
    You'd think by now that companies whose employees receive threats would know to simply report this activity to the authorities.  The are several government agencies capable of turning an Internet pseudonym into a real name and address.  This type of behavior is worth a 30-minute visit by the police.  It'd be even nicer if the perpetrator had to somehow foot that bill instead of the taxpayers.

Not taking actions against these types of threats is essentially 'rewarding' that behavior by publicity and a "I got away with it" feeling.  Anyone with children knows what type of behavior to expect when one action is rewarded.  We, as a society, are getting a lot of questionable and objectionable behavior in our makeup.

They did report them.
    [Deleted User]
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Also, can we stop to appreciate that "threats" is not in the title of the article.

They're receiving death. Legit sounds like a 2020 event.
    Asheramkitarad[Deleted User]