Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is the Runescape forum here dead?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Runescape 3 has launched on Steam and it seems to be heavily populated.  The Discord and Reddit are very busy.  From what I understand, it's a very popular game.  So, why is the forum here so dead?  Does the game just not appeal to this audience for some reason?

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Good Question. I played Runescape the original, and was not impressed, so I did not follow the other sequels. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Ungood said:
    Good Question. I played Runescape the original, and was not impressed, so I did not follow the other sequels. 
    I'm playing it for the first time.  I find it very grindy and relaxing.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I liked the original Runescape, but the others since were not what I had in mind.....RS3 especially had so many pay walls for zones that it just was not fun at all.
    Ungood
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just seeing how abusive that gold/coin economy is and seeing how easy it is to buy millions from rmt sites says the game is truly messed up and the dev might very well be behind it all.

If I was designing a game in 2020 I would never allow ANY currency to be exchange player to player,the only currency exchange I  would allow is to buy an item from the auction house.Then to make sure even that idea is not abused because I know it can be I would put a 2-4 hour restriction on any auction house sale.

It is bad enough trying to find a quality designed game but adding in currency and npc's instead of allowing the players to do it all as should be just sends the game over the edge.
    What makes a great game economy is relying on other players,maybe your too lazy to craft low end mats or maybe your too lazy to farm mats,the choice is yours and other players will fill the need and create a robust economy.

NPC's should NOT be involved with the economy other than selling them trash items at lower value than they might get on an auction house.So a well designed economy system will have the AH prices checked and the npc prices fluctuate accordingly,idk maybe 50% of the AH price.
    Ungood

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.