Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

COE reddit moved to restricted mode

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
Seems like the drama never ends, now the COE moderation team has taken it upon themselves to lock down the official reddit, not really quite clear why....

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChroniclesOfElyria/comments/ji10xr/the_subreddit_has_been_switched_to_restricted_mode/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Unless it was the new thread created recently by a father whose son appears to have supported COE who posted his son committed suicide. 

RIP

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

[Deleted User]

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Who gaf about this game anymore. Not even worth making threads to clown on it. It's fossil dead.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDk man game devs and publishers are a weird lot,always up to no good,hiding something,deceiving the public and never truly transparent but will tell you how transparent they are.

Reddit was the same reason that other game with near the same letters,forget that darn game already...COA?Anyhow a few employees started a private reddit that did not include the owner of the game Steven Shariffe or however you spell his name.He took offense and there was some drama involved and then suddenly some friendships lost and the game seemed to go into hibernation mode for a year.

Bottom line is that I have very little good to say about social media,it is more or less drama 101.

Imo it is very unlikely we ever hear from COE the game anymore as nobody would give this guy a dime now.That is not to say he doesn't try and start asking for money or maybe even change the name of the game but as far as COE is concerned,the ship has sailed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Tiller said:
    Who gaf about this game anymore. 
    The same people wo hung around the COE forums for years spending money on a game that never had a hope in hell.

If they can do that they can spend the next 5 years waiting on a court case and settlement.
    GdemamiScot
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Kyleran said:

Unless it was the new thread created recently by a father whose son appears to have supported COE who posted his son committed suicide. 

Folks continually tie far too much of their self-worth into these games. It's not just CoE.  It's happening in other games right now.  Some of the behavior is absolutely cult-like.  Then when things do not work out, they crash with the game.  It's not healthy.  I saw that post and it was just tragic.

Gdemami[Deleted User][Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:

Folks continually tie far too much of their self-worth into these games. It's not just CoE.  It's happening in other games right now.  Some of the behavior is absolutely cult-like.  Then when things do not work out, they crash with the game.  It's not healthy.  I saw that post and it was just tragic.

Laughing at these tragedies, like our own role-playing game dev, echoes what the industry in general thinks. They'll lol and chuckle at these tragedies all day long as long as they get their money. They don't give a shit about the lives they ruin with the shenanigans they play. I don't like draconian legislation and oversight, but this industry is in desperate need of it.

The industry, especially the crowdfunded development aspects, are trying to step around all manner of established 'business conventions'.  In the process, things like consumer rights and business ethics are in danger of becoming extinct.  Accountants are firmly in control of the game industry, with no real end in sight.  Legislation in one country will only push the business to another country with more favorable laws and more lenient prosecution.

[Deleted User]BrainyGdemami[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.