Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your dream gaming year 2021

AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

Let's have some fun. Create a list of up to 12 unnannounced games that would make your 2021 the best year ever. This is, of course, in addition to everything already known to be coming in 2021. If any of your entries are magically announced by the end of the year 2020, feel free to edit your list accordingly.

1. List 1 game per month - 12 games in total.

2. No more than 1 game per developer in the year. You can use outsourcing to get around this. However, if you use one developer as an outsource, you can't use that developer for any other project.

3. No more than 1 game per franchise. Spinoffs do not count towards this limit (but beware the one game per developer limit prior).

My list.

1. Guild Wars: Ascended (Arenanet)

This remaster of the incredible online CRPG would add in new content, continued updates, and new "open world" patrol zones akin to those of Marvel Heroes and Destiny.

2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Radiance Amidst Chaos (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) (Intelligent Systems)

Path of Radiance was a near perfect game for its time. Remaster the graphics and redo the animations. Speed up the map animations. Add in new support conversations. Buff a few units who need a boost. Add in an extra difficulty mode, a casual mode, and modern quality of life features.

Radiant Dawn needs more work. Substantial unit rebalancing. Multiple new low and mid tier difficulties. Modern quality of life. Casual mode. A complete set of support conversations and new/alternate endings.

3. Fire Emblem Warriors: War for Fodlan (Team Ninja)

This Age of Calamity style follow up would include:

A canon midquel to 3 Houses with multiple routes featuring as many playable 3 Houses characters as possible. Unlockable Byleth and Rhea on completion.

Free Mode allowing you to replay the story without character restrictions.

History Mode allowing players to experience iconic locations from other games in the franchise. Use the complete Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors: War for Fodlan roster, in addition to new faces such as Ike, Roy, Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, Lilina, Camus, and others.

4. Trails of Warriors (Omega Force)

A Warriors game set in the Trails/Kiseki universe, featuring a non-canon setting akin to the Phantasma or Reverie Corridor. Allows you to play as many of the main protagonists from Liberl, Crossbell, and Erebonia, and also introduces the new protagonist of Calvard.

5. Ys X - (Nihon Falcom)

Lacrimosa of Dana was fantastic. More of that, please.

6. Tales of the Abyss Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco - Namco Tales Studio)

Tales of the Abyss is an amazing game. It also runs like ass on its original hardware, and it has only since been remastered on the 3DS - which doesn't do it justice. Put it on modern consoles.

7. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Monolithsoft)

A new Xenoblade with an older protagonist and a more action-based evolution of XBC2's combat.

I actually rather like Blades and wouldn't mind them returning. Having the RNG of lootboxes without actually paying for them was a fun outlet.

8. Golden Sun Switch (Camelot Software)

JRPGs are big now, and the Switch is an ideal platform for them. How about giving this tragic flop a new lease on life? I bet it would do so much better today.

9. Dragon Quest 12 (Square Enix)

We all know it's coming. We know it will be good. We don't know when and what it will look like.

10. Banjo Redooie (Toys for Bob - licensed by Microsoft/Rare)

Spyro and Crash got their remakes. It's time for Banjo.

11. Chroma (Harmonix)

One of the most disappointing game cancelations I've faced. A music-based shooter with a Tron aesthetic? Yes, please!

12. Marvel Heroes Reborn (Skystone Games under David Brevik)

Marvel Heroes deserved better, and there hasn't been an adequate replacement since.

Amathe[Deleted User]Nanfoodlecheyane

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    1. Darksiders 4. Featuring the last horseman Strife in a game based upon Remnant: From the Ashes

2. World of Starcraft. Surprise!

3. Monster Hunter. Brand new, specifically designed for Switch. Ohh, wait...

4. Metroid 4. 2021 must be the year, right?

5. World of Warcraft 2. More surprise!

6. Shenmue 4. A real ending to the series.

7. Hellgate: USA. A true next gen sequal.

8. Streetfighter 6. Like 5, but good. And not ugly.

9. Dead Space trilogy on Switch. In public, everybody can hear you scream.

10. No Mans Sky: Citizen. Everything NMS is right now wrapped in the next gen looks of SC. Without the bugs and clumsiness of course.

11. Trials: One World. Featuring all Trials games in one neat package.

12. Never Winter Nights 3. Larian pulls a stunt.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Amathe[Deleted User]ScotNanfoodleGroqstrongcheyane
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Actual, though little to no hope of 2021

Pantheon
    Ship of Heroes
    Ashes of Creation
    Saga of Lucimia

My dreams

EQ3 
    Underworld Online w Kate Beckinsale
    Harry Potter Online (not that pos currently)
    Game of Thrones Online (not that pos currently)
    SWG 2

Dune Online
    Mad Max Online
    The Mandelorian Online

[Deleted User]ScotNanfoodlecheyane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2020
    I wake up and find out all the financial shenanigans of last 15 years of gaming never happened...oh you want games. :)

Also I don't know who develops what, its just the game that matters to me, not its "pedigree". Anyway...

1. Civilization Empire. Done a'la Tales of the Desert and Total War. Competing civilizations which are also competing internally to be Pharaoh, Caesar etc. MMO like in cities, wargame like on the battle plains. 

2. Battlestar Galatica Journeys. (tactical/resource management/handling social issues). Only one decent game out I know of based on the first Cylon War, criminal we have not seen more.

3. Cyberpunk 3000. This years game is such a success, the MMO begins production next year.

4. Alien Versus Predator, Hunting Grounds. A decent version! With VR and top notch graphics. I might even get VR if they did that.

5. Indie MMORPG. An indie mmo launches which is a solid game...hey it is meant to be a dream year!

6. Warhammer 40K World of Heretics ((Ok maybe not WoH :) )). Inquisition Co-op where in LFD style you also play heretics and assorted abominations.

7. Judge Dread Procedural. You try to construct a case, collect evidence and profile the crim before a judge can shoot him without any due process for having the wrong sort of haircut.

8. Marvel Surprise Us. Any non-solo genre, any style just a decent bloody Marvel game. 

9. Torment Tides of Numenera 2. Just a sequel to the best thinking RPG I have played in a few years.

10. Fallen Londoners. MMO set in the weird Victorian London of Fallen London. Have tea with devils, pass the sugar and don't mention Prince Albert.

11. Deus Ex Anything. They seem to have given up on the series.

12. Alice Forever Yours In Madness. Or anything with a similar art style and weird gameplay.
    AmatheMendelNanfoodleUngoodcheyane
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    By the way, I like threads like this one that are just for fun. Good topic.
    MendelScotNanfoodleAbscissa15Ungoodcheyane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    remsleep said:
    <snip>
    10. The Simps - EA - life simulation game where you are spending all your time and money trying to get the attention of a girl that doesn't care for your existence. This is actually a PvP game - where simps try to out-simp one another

I immediately read this as The Simpsons.  Which would be amazing in it's own rights.  Can anyone get enough virtual-Apu?

I don't have 12, just 1 game.  Give me a new, improved version of Hearts of Iron based off of HOI 3 (not HOI 4).  That would give a reason to go back to the Paradox forums.  May be a mixed blessing there.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited October 2020
    That's tough as I tend to play games for a long time and not a new one per month. Still ...

1 Masters of Orion
    The recent remake was "ok" but I'd rather one that was more in line with the original depth and art design.

2, Masters of Andromeda - remake
    Make this happen. 

3, The Haunting of blah blah House
    I'd like to play a haunted house game. Similar to Amnesia perhaps but one where you are one of x guests and you are investigating a haunting. Sort of like Legend of Hell House.

4, Battles of Middle Earth
    Maybe something like Total War but for Middle Earth

5, Lord of the Rings MMORPG
    I'd like a different lord of the rings mmorpg. I don't like the aesthetics of the current game and I'd prefer more "world" than game.

6, Return to Silent Hill (or some such name) But going back to its roots. 

7, Game based on Jason and the Argonauts! Open world, could be closer to the current Assassin's creed games though not as over the top. Except in the Mythology. And if we are going to go there ...

8, Clash of the Titans game!

9, High concept Science Fiction game. I'd love to see a High Concept Science fiction game along the lines of Valerian City of 1k planets.

10, Game taking place in the Blade Runner Universe.

11, Prince of Persia remake ... oh wait!!!

12, Elder Scrolls VI
    Nanfoodle[Deleted User]UngoodScotcheyane
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited October 2020
    1. Pantheon, no way we see that before 2022 but one can hope
    2. Ashes of Creation, not my dream game but one if they do well. I could happily play. 

Personally...

I want a game that brings back the spirit of EQ1.

Unbalanced class that shine at what they do.

Class interdependence.

A rich world thats about exploring.

Also a deep dungeon experience. Losing interest in raids.

I also dream of a DAoC game that has a rich PvE world and a large scale PvP Battleground that has deep rewards and siege warfare. PvE and PvP should not mix.  

I could live there (((looks up)))
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited October 2020
    Sovrath said:
    That's tough as I tend to play games for a long time and not a new one per month. Still ...

1 Masters of Orion
    The recent remake was "ok" but I'd rather one that was more in line with the original depth and art design.

Make this happen. 

I'd like to play a haunted house game. Similar to Amnesia perhaps but one where you are one of x guests and you are investigating a haunting. Sort of like Legend of Hell House.

I'd like a different lord of the rings mmorpg. I don't like the aesthetics of the current game and I'd prefer more "world" than game.

7, Game based on Jason and the Argonauts! Open world, could be closer to the current Assassin's creed games though not as over the top. Except in the Mythology. And if we are going to go there ...

9, High concept Science Fiction game. I'd love to see a High Concept Science fiction game along the lines of Valerian City of 1k planets.

12, Elder Scrolls VI
    Lord of the Rings MMO is a thing being made by Amazon.
    Nanfoodle
    Aeander said:
    Sovrath said:

1 Masters of Orion

Make this happen. 

12, Elder Scrolls VI
    My hope is Amazon has learned allot over the past year or so. With the money they have, they really need to let these teams be creative and take on the, "The game will be done, when its done" attitude. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Someone invents a MMO with tons of exploring and no fear of being constantly killed by other players.
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    edited October 2020
    Going full on Switch console for portability on all of the following:

1. XenoSaga Ep 1 Remaster 

2. SW KOTOR Remaster 

3. Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura Remaster

4. Shadow Hearts Remaster

5. Vagrant Story Remaster

6. Xenosaga Ep 2 Remaster 

7. NwNEE toolset

8. Super Mario RPG 2

9. Shadow Hearts Covenant Remaster

10. Xenosaga Ep 3 Remaster (Switch)

11. Dragon Quest X online (US release FINALLY)

12. Xenosaga Chronicles 3 or X-2  (Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to us!)

Nanfoodlelahnmircheyane
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Aeander said:
    Sovrath said:

1 Masters of Orion

Make this happen. 

12, Elder Scrolls VI
    I think it's more of a "middle earth" mmo. But still, good point and I HOPE that it will be decent.

I have this nagging feeling it's going to be stupid. But we'll see, I don't want to be a pessimist about it.
    NanfoodleMendel[Deleted User]Ungood
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I'm not likely to list developers as to be honest, there are very few devs making the sorts of games that I'd want to play so I've no idea where my perfect games would come from. Also, if someone did release my ideal MMORPG, I'd probably stop playing everythign else and only play that one game. But, my list:

1) Riftwar Online
    A sandpark MMORPG set in Raymond E. Feist's Midkemia during the time of the Riftwar Saga. It's standard high-fantasy but on an epic scale. Story would be minimal, more of a large PvE sandbox with specific areas for PvPing. Expansions to take us to Kelewan (essentially feudal japan), Kesh (africa), Novindus etc.

2) Planet Jurassic - Frontier
    I love Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo, they are great games with a ton of creativity. However, their attempt at a jurassic world game was woefully shallow. I'd love to see them give dinosaurs the full Planet X treatment. Must ensure that it's designed around safari park sensibilities, rather that tight zoo confines.

3) Warhammer the open world RPG
    Single player, warhammer setting, open world sandboxy RPG. Basically Skyrim with a Warhammer skin, and much, much better combat.

4) Warhammer 40k the open worlds RPG
    As above, but 40k setting. Would need multiple worlds, much bigger worlds, and vehicular combat to do it justice.

5) Star Wars the open world RPG
    As above, but in a Star Wars setting. EA would have to lose the license, they are not capable of making such a game. We've had so few RPGs set in the SW IP!

6) Total War: Warhammer 40k - Creative Assembly
    They did a great job with warhammer, so it makes sense for CA to do a 40k game.

7) Total War: Star Wars - Creative Assembly
    I mean, CA could basically apply their total war formula to just about any IP that I love and I'd buy it. But, 40k and Star Wars are top of my list.

8) Cities Skylines 2 - Colossal Order / Paradox
    One of my favourite games of all time, it just keeps on giving. A new version with some different themes, some of the mods put into the game from day 1 and some optimisation for those massive cities.

9) Final Fantasy Sandbox - Square Enix
    I love the final fantasy IP, they have some of the best creatures in the gaming world and I love the vibrant settings. However, I really dislike the shallowness of current combat mechanics and the ever increasing focus on story. Keep the IP, but make it more open world and sandboxy. Also, can we have some more masculine men please? Can't get on board with all these wimpy manboys.

10) Skate 4
    I love the Skate series, even if I hate EA. Keep the mechanics and the world design, just go bigger, give us a better skatepark editor, and put it on PC.

11) Steep 2 - Ubisoft
    Probably the best winter sports game I've ever played, really good fun exploring the slopes and I fell in love with some of the wingsuit challenges. The sequel just needs a few more challenges and a few more mountains, and remove some of the cheesy shit.

12) Carmageddon - Codemasters?
    Not sure who I'd want developing, but I'd like some better driving mechanics and full customisation / progression of my cars.
    NanfoodleUngoodScotcheyane
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Emeraq said:
    Going full on Switch console for portability on all of the following:

1. XenoSaga Ep 1 Remaster 

2. SW KOTOR Remaster 

3. Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura Remaster

4. Shadow Hearts Remaster

5. Vagrant Story Remaster

6. Xenosaga Ep 2 Remaster 

7. NwNEE toolset

8. Super Mario RPG 2

9. Shadow Hearts Covenant Remaster

10. Xenosaga Ep 3 Remaster (Switch)

11. Dragon Quest X online (US release FINALLY)

12. Xenosaga Chronicles 3 or X-2  (Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to us!)

I like you. I really, really like you.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    cheyane
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Ok.. new games, that would be on my "Damn I wanna play this"

1) GW3. - I would so give this a try.

2) Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Online: With Old School AD&D rules.

3) Pathfinder 2 - We made it right this time.

4) Trove2 - a little less Voxel, same endless fun.

5) The Sims Online - Dad Wars. You thought the original Simes Online sucked, because it did, but get ready for Dad Wars, where fathers try to out BBQ each other, and get the whole family involved, now with no censor woohoo! 

6) WH40K Eternal Crusade, Dawn of War - Kinda like the original was intended.. but you know, where they make what said they would make.

7) My Little Pony 40K - In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only Friendship... or death.

yah.. I'm done.
    Sovrathkatzklaw
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I'd like to hear Bethesda announce they have secretly been working on Fallout 5  for the past few years so there was a hope to deliver by 2025.
    Ungood[Deleted User]cheyane

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    I'd like to hear Bethesda announce they have secretly been working on Fallout 5  for the past few years so there was a hope to deliver by 2025.
    I hope ZeniMax project turns out to be an MMO that blows my mind. SiFi ESO style game. They have to be close to finished! =-) 
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Lineage 3
    World of Starcraft 
    League of Legends MMORPG
    XCOM sp / Co-op Open World RPG
    Command & Conquer Remake
    Star Citizen
    Archeage 2 on UE5

My dreamlist from top to bottom.

[Deleted User]
    Sovrath said:
    Aeander said:
    Sovrath said:

1 Masters of Orion

Make this happen. 

12, Elder Scrolls VI
    I think it's more of a "middle earth" mmo. But still, good point and I HOPE that it will be decent.

I have this nagging feeling it's going to be stupid. But we'll see, I don't want to be a pessimist about it.
    That's my job. ;)
    Damn, now I am really looking forward to 2021 and it is never going to live up to this!
    cheyaneAmathe[Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I just love this topic and the responses are so good. I just wanted to say that but I myself cannot come up with anything original since I have so few games I really love to see it would make for a very thin list and none of the entertaining reading.
     @remsleep wish I could have given your response two awesomes.

Since it is a fantasy list
    1) The sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC.

2)Another awesome turn based RPG from Larian 

3)Something from the Fallout Series but single player

4)A new Star Wars MMORPG

5)Everquest 3

6)Anarchy Online 2

7)Dark Age of Camelot 2

8)City of Heroes/Villains 2

9)Xenogears on PC

10)Fire Emblem on PC

11)Persona 5 on PC

12)Lower difficulty mode for Monster Hunter World.

I know I basically want to see most console games on the PC , well fantasy is by definition mostly selfish.
    Scot[Deleted User]UngoodMendelAmathe
    Chamber of Chains
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    cheyane said:
    I just love this topic and the responses are so good. I just wanted to say that but I myself cannot come up with anything original since I have so few games I really love to see it would make for a very thin list and none of the entertaining reading.

4)A new Star Wars MMORPG

5)Everquest 3

6)Anarchy Online 2

7)Dark Age of Camelot 2

9)Xenogears on PC

10)Fire Emblem on PC

11)Persona 5 on PC

I know I basically want to see most console games on the PC , well fantasy is by definition mostly selfish.
    Have you gotten Vestaria Saga on PC? It's made by the original FE series creator, and it is highly reminiscent of the old school FE's - namely Geneology of the Holy War.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Aeander said:
    cheyane said:

4)A new Star Wars MMORPG

5)Everquest 3

6)Anarchy Online 2

7)Dark Age of Camelot 2

9)Xenogears on PC

10)Fire Emblem on PC

11)Persona 5 on PC

Have you gotten Vestaria Saga on PC? It's made by the original FE series creator, and it is highly reminiscent of the old school FE's - namely Geneology of the Holy War.
    I have not I will check it out.
    Chamber of Chains