Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight III Officially Launches on PC, XBOX One and Playstation 4 Today | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The original Torchlight had an easy go because the modern ARPG field wasn't nearly as crowded back in 2009 as it is now.

It was a very cheap indie game that went for cartoony and zany and that worked for them. T2 was an improvement on 1 and had success mostly because 1 had been a fun romp... and it was also dirt cheap.

Even if they'd managed to pull off their original MMOARPG game and managed to release something good and coherent it would still had been up against it in a very different and very crowded 2020 ARPG landscape.

This pared down thing they've released that smells like a desperate salvage operation just doesn't have a hope in hell. Especially not at the $45 CDN they want for it.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I might get this when it is on offer in a few months and by then they would have fixed it hopefully.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    kitarad said:
    I might get this when it is on offer in a few months and by then they would have fixed it hopefully.
    They can't "fix" it in three months
  • Starkiller233Starkiller233 Newbie CommonPosts: 12
    This is a total fail. I bought the game pretty fast and...could not log into servers for few days. Then i wrote a message to developers concerning my issue and they said "yeah, we had some server issues but we fixed it!" same thing they wrote on their main web-site. YET i still could not log to my server! One of my friends also could not log in, he had same red message when he tried to. When i finally logged in (after 5 days of waiting) i was shocked - the game was made purely for mobile gaming. Icons are big, VERY BIG, zones are small and made so that you could see them fully on your mobile phone. I deleted the game after 2 days of playing.