Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avengers Crashes and World of Warcraft Patches | Top 5 Articles This Week - October 12th-16th | MMOR

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageAvengers Crashes and World of Warcraft Patches | Top 5 Articles This Week - October 12th-16th | MMORPG.com

Got a hot 5 to catch up on some of this week's top stories to hit MMORPG.com? Check out our latest Top 5 Articles video right here and join in the discussion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Wow ruined mmorpg's for me and likely forever.Everyone started copying Wow ideas so that now there isn't a single mmorpg I want to play.

SC ...Eve are just lol to me neither game is any good,like light years away from being any good.
    SC or I mean Robert's screwed over the design from day 1.IDK how he can claim high quality,setting the bar high when you don't craft or make ships and instead you just buy them.To me that is a very sub par design and one I would never play.

As to Avenger's,I bet Square Enix really wished they never bought that franchise or Tomb Raider or any of those Eidos studios.

Gaming news has typically been sad with most of the news being sales gimmicks or LOOK AT US we have a new elevator button or a new pointless patch or a new Hero to sell a new cash shop item or layoffs.Seldom is gaming news full of "we have a robust update for FREE" because we value and respect our customers.We respect our employees so much for helping us make millions of dollars we want to give everyone a 10% raise.Nope instead it is buy this and buy that and after we make 800 million and pay our top execs 10-40 mil a year we will still try and grind more money out of you.
    Allwynd_01

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Wizardry said:

Wow ruined mmorpg's for me and likely forever.Everyone started copying Wow ideas so that now there isn't a single mmorpg I want to play.

SC ...Eve are just lol to me neither game is any good,like light years away from being any good.

SC or I mean Robert's screwed over the design from day 1.IDK how he can claim high quality,setting the bar high when you don't craft or make ships and instead you just buy them.To me that is a very sub par design and one I would never play.

As to Avenger's,I bet Square Enix really wished they never bought that franchise or Tomb Raider or any of those Eidos studios.

Gaming news has typically been sad with most of the news being sales gimmicks or LOOK AT US we have a new elevator button or a new pointless patch or a new Hero to sell a new cash shop item or layoffs.Seldom is gaming news full of "we have a robust update for FREE" because we value and respect our customers.We respect our employees so much for helping us make millions of dollars we want to give everyone a 10% raise.Nope instead it is buy this and buy that and after we make 800 million and pay our top execs 10-40 mil a year we will still try and grind more money out of you.

I actually miss all the Asian WoW clones that were released after 2006, I wish more of these were still releasing, the gameplay was repetitive, but somewhat fun. I had some fun with games like Perfect World, Forsaken World, Jade Dynasty, Heroes of Three Kingdoms and many others.

The last that somewhat intrigued me was ArcheAge, but that game was also too different. Now the current Asian (and Western) MMOs that release do not really interest me. Asian games like Blade & Soul, Black Desert Online, Bless, felt really boring and lacking any character of their own. They looked and felt like the same game that tries really hard to have the best graphics possible, some very unintuitive UI and gameplay was outright just lacking. Black Desert Online being the most prominent example of these three. I still don't understand why people play it, it's one of the most shallow and boring MMORPG experiences I've had.

The other thing are either sandbox games with no gameplay and nothing to do pretending to be MMORPGs, when they are not and now the growing trend of making "old school" MMOs that only have nice graphics. I won't lie, I even bought into the Early Access of one such game, it's coming along well, but still isn't what I liked the most, but maybe I'm just jaded.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2020
    MH: Not played the game but it looks like as the Hulk you hang around until a mob hits you, he gets angry and you attack mobs. Surely not?

SC: "The Adventure Begins With New Starter Ships"...gotta catch 'em all! Still obsessing on new ships, not gameplay.

EVE: How to square the circle that is end game...change the game, it is a solid idea.

WoW: A "pre-patch"? I won't even ask.
    Post edited by Scot on
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Just to put the Avengers number in perspective...

Homecoming: City of Heroes has over 2000 people on it right now and I often see it in the mornings with over 1000 people.
    Scot