Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I thought this game was shut down back in the days of SOE. crazy
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Tiller said:
    I thought this game was shut down back in the days of SOE. crazy
    Nope.  Some of the dev's got together formed a new company and 'leased' it from Flying Labs and kept it going. 

It's had it's up's and down's and almost did go under, but a new company stepped in, updated the server hardware and has a plan to upgrade the game.

So it's still there if you want to get your sailing fix on.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Nice, are there any plans to update the graphics?                                                                                                                                          
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Can this game hold any water versus Atlas a game I play regularly?

The problem with all of these similar games/survival is that players only want to join if pvp otherwise they don't really want a gaming experience.

I am not into trading swords blows back n forth with another player,it doesn't interest me.I like to game leisurely in a way I can just stop where I am and surf the net for 5 minutes and not have to worry about someone attacking me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited October 2020
    PotBS isnt a survival game its a mmo, one where you cant just buy everything you need in one place, sometimes you have to travel to other ports to get stuff you buy from auction house. It has lots of npc's and towns (unlike atlas) with quests and need to level your character like an mmo.

Its a 4 faction pvp mmo, you need to control deep water ports to build certain ships etc. There is no free building like in atlas as again it isnt a survival game but an mmo.
    KieferC
  • KieferCKieferC Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited October 2020
    Not a direct reply to @Asheram but you can always visit the Discord and ask yourself.

https://play.burningsea.com/en-US/news/16

https://discord.com/invite/burning-sea
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by Asheram on
    TillerKieferC