Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE ONLINE: The worst payment methods

maelstrommaelstrom Member Posts: 1

I'm very angry.

Eve got a great potential, but this is the MMOG with the worst payment methods, all forced to a credit card (require a bank account), or to a bank payment (also much more expensive). PayByMail? ridiculous, it's the same, better do a credit card.

The others MMOG got many other ways for example, time gamecards, mail cards, rechargeable cards, vodafone cards and much more. 

After months, there are no changes.

Me and many my friends cannot play for that. This is an example of a good software house linked to a really stupid, stupid publisher.

I hope it will fail. 

asd

asd

Comments

• CorvwynCorvwyn Member Posts: 8

The thing that also irritates me is that they have no free trial. I played it in beta and want to see what's new, but I don't want to pay until I know what I get.

Altough it is irritating that it lacks in payment options it shouldn't be that hard to aquire a credit card. Maybe it's very easy to get one in Norway though (and only $25/year). I'm not certain how that is in other countries. If you're under 18 you probably won't get one though.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    no free trail but for 20 bucks you cant beat it

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• KobbiKobbi Member Posts: 3

Little news flash for ya, they got prepaid game cards, you cannot access those from Italy maelstrom?

• BluefrogBluefrog Member Posts: 3
    EVE does have a 30 day trial once you've created an account.  Check the site.

- If life is a game, then where are the cheats? -

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by maelstrom

I'm very angry.

Eve got a great potential, but this is the MMOG with the worst payment methods, all forced to a credit card (require a bank account), or to a bank payment (also much more expensive). PayByMail? ridiculous, it's the same, better do a credit card.

The others MMOG got many other ways for example, time gamecards, mail cards, rechargeable cards, vodafone cards and much more. 

Me and many my friends cannot play for that. This is an example of a good software house linked to a really stupid, stupid publisher.

I hope it will fail. 

asd

Might want to do a little research
    You can also buy game time cards online.  Many of the vendors that resell them accept Paypall... paybycash etc.
    You can buy game time codes in game for ISK (re: gold) and play completely for free if you can make enough ISK (many people do this)
    You can pay using credit or debit card just like any other MMO
    You can send personal checks in the mail.

If anything EVE has more pay options than most other MMO's out there when all is taken into account.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Originally posted by Corvwyn
    The thing that also irritates me is that they have no free trial. I played it in beta and want to see what's new, but I don't want to pay until I know what I get.Altough it is irritating that it lacks in payment options it shouldn't be that hard to aquire a credit card. Maybe it's very easy to get one in Norway though (and only $25/year). I'm not certain how that is in other countries. If you're under 18 you probably won't get one though.

Again do a little research.  There is a 14 day free trial that doesn't even require a credit card to activate.

• Woot necrotastic

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by Taram

Originally posted by Corvwyn
    The thing that also irritates me is that they have no free trial. I played it in beta and want to see what's new, but I don't want to pay until I know what I get.Altough it is irritating that it lacks in payment options it shouldn't be that hard to aquire a credit card. Maybe it's very easy to get one in Norway though (and only $25/year). I'm not certain how that is in other countries. If you're under 18 you probably won't get one though.

Again do a little research. There is a 14 day free trial that doesn't even require a credit card to activate.

YOU might want to do a little research. This thread is from 04, that new spammer is a necromancer too.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me

Originally posted by Thrak
    Woot necrotastic

WOW!  Nice catch I didn't even notice how old this thread is!  LOL!  Someone's been digging in the graveyard :)

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by maelstrom
    I'm very angry.
    Eve got a great potential, but this is the MMOG with the worst payment methods, all forced to a credit card (require a bank account), or to a bank payment (also much more expensive). PayByMail? ridiculous, it's the same, better do a credit card.
    The others MMOG got many other ways for example, time gamecards, mail cards, rechargeable cards, vodafone cards and much more.
    Me and many my friends cannot play for that. This is an example of a good software house linked to a really stupid, stupid publisher.
    I hope it will fail.

asd

omg 2003

BestSigEver :P

• Daan4everDaan4ever Member Posts: 2
    You can pay with prepaid cards too btw. Just like WoW

The only stupid thing is, you cant get it in other country's. Im from
    NL and i didnt find it. Maybe in specialized game stores tough...

• MondeMonde Member Posts: 133

It really blows my mind how people can post such Drivel without doing any research. On the site we are on MMORPG there is this banner that is almost always active that says "EVE - 14 Day Free Trial".

They must have missed that.

Originally posted by Daan4ever
    You can pay with prepaid cards too btw. Just like WoW
    The only stupid thing is, you cant get it in other country's. Im from NL and i didnt find it. Maybe in specialized game stores tough...

It's not sold in stores.  CCP markets the game exclusively through their website.  It's only a 300mb or so download.

GTC's aren't sold in stores either.  There's a link to buy them on the official site. 

PS:  This thread is from 2003.... so ignore the OP the info in his post is woefully outdated.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Let the thread rest in peace and do not necro!image

*LOCKED*