Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Adds Guild Alliances and Mounts in Latest Update | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall Adds Guild Alliances and Mounts in Latest Update | MMORPG.com

Crowfall has just updated the game with a new Alliance system, allowing guilds to make Alliances to take over territories, or break Alliances when necessary to further their strategy. Additional features were added in the update as well, including mounts, faction chests, and performance improvements.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    edited October 2020
    Is it just me or do these sound like post launch updates? With the way games are now delivered the idea that at this stage it would be all QA has gone by the by.
    Post edited by Scot on
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    This should be alpha entry level additions. Super simple and easily coded in...not 6 year beta "New" features. I wish I never purchased this game.
    YashaX

MurderHerd

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I think full on PvP, siege warefare, and gigantic players battles has proven to be too small of a market to support development of such a game. Especially in a fantasy setting, space seems a little easier.

I've found Crowfall to be on the level of Rust, the world is rather empty except with resources to gather and gankers stalking everywhere in hopes of stealing it from you. That creates a rather toxic atmosphere that rejects most new players who are looking to have some fun the when they log in with a new account.
    cheyaneBruceYeekitarad
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Talmien said:

I've found Crowfall to be on the level of Rust, the world is rather empty except with resources to gather and gankers stalking everywhere in hopes of stealing it from you. That creates a rather toxic atmosphere that rejects most new players who are looking to have some fun the when they log in with a new account.

Last time I logged in there were two whole worlds where you can play without having gear stolen from you. One is pure pve and the other is a faction-based pvp world with no player looting.

It is impossible to gather in the full-loot pvp world when you start out anyway because you will not have enough skill to harvest anything. 
    Scotkitarad
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    YashaX said:
    Talmien said:

Last time I logged in there were two whole worlds where you can play without having gear stolen from you. One is pure pve and the other is a faction-based pvp world with no player looting.

It is impossible to gather in the full-loot pvp world when you start out anyway because you will not have enough skill to harvest anything. 
    So you can play in the world which is pure PvE all the time ?

• BlippedyblopBlippedyblop Member UncommonPosts: 18
    How do mounts work as a centaur?
    Scot
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    kitarad said:
    YashaX said:
    Talmien said:

If you want to you could just stay in the pve world but its not very interesting (neither are the pvp worlds!). Also the best resources are found in the pvp zones, so to craft good gear you will need those resources at some point.

kitarad
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    YashaX said:
    kitarad said:
    YashaX said:
    Talmien said:

If you want to you could just stay in the pve world but its not very interesting (neither are the pvp worlds!). Also the best resources are found in the pvp zones, so to craft good gear you will need those resources at some point.

I see, well that sounds unappealing. Thanks for the info.