Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Community Manager Explains How Conduits Work in Shadowlands | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Community Manager Explains How Conduits Work in Shadowlands | MMORPG.com

In a post on the official World of Warcraft forums by Kaivax, questions surrounding how Conduits work in the new Shadowlands expansion were answered. The clarification comes in response to many questions' players had been asking since Conduits were announced nearly 2 months ago.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited September 2020
    So I clicked the article and still do not know what conduits are except for being an item. What are conduits? Or did I miss this "The explanation begins with telling players what exactly Conduits are" somewhere?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This video is more helpful

CatibrieAsheram
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Still no prepatch release date eh Blizz?
    xpsync
  • ShaniaRebornShaniaReborn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Exactly... another misleading article title for click bait.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    So just another pointless disposable grind mechanic that will be promptly tossed next expansion. Got it.

They are collectively bankrupt when it comes to interesting advancement systems. Everything they come up with is essentially short term junk that they toss at a later date.
    xpsync
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Jyiiga said:
    So just another pointless disposable grind mechanic that will be promptly tossed next expansion. Got it.

They are collectively bankrupt when it comes to interesting advancement systems. Everything they come up with is essentially short term junk that they toss at a later date.
    Has the WoW team ever been creative? Haven't they always stolen ... I mean borrowed ideas from other games and refined them.
    xpsyncNanfoodle

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited October 2020
    kitarad said:
    Jyiiga said:

Has the WoW team ever been creative? Haven't they always stolen ... I mean borrowed ideas from other games and refined them.

Yeah wow reminds me so much of EQ2 there are times i feel like that's what i'm playing, party sync after 14 years wow!, was only available day one in EQ2.

I can't wait till they copy housing.
    NanfoodleJeroKane
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2020
    It follows the same agenda Blizzard has put into Wow for the last several years.
    Carrot=loot
    item levels ...again.
    So they basically put ZERO effort into this,new expansion same old code same old item level loot.
    This works because all the shallow gamers just see loot and they go running like a kid in a candy store,it doesn't matter there might not be any game or any role playing design just so long they see that loot grind they are all over it.

Party sync,that is actually a good idea FFXi also used it.The reason it is a good idea is because you do not diminish the immersion of mobs in the game,everything remains as it should.This does allow you to also play with ANYONE across the board.

This would imo be the very first good idea Blizzard has ever had for Wow and go figure,not even their idea lol.

Wake me up in another 15 years when Blizzard finds one more good idea or when they LEARN how to be creative and EXPAND upon the current design instead of just rehashing item loot levels every single time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    kitarad said:
    Jyiiga said:

I remember when Warhammer was going on for about a year about how their achievement system would change MMOing. 2 Months before Warhammer launched, WoW launched theirs. The Warhammer community flipped out because this was Blizzards track record at that point. Taking features from other MMOs and launching them before the new game would come out. 
    Catibrie
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited October 2020
    Jyiiga said:

I'm playing the shit outta wow retail, and i completely agree with you.

Pro and Con to everything.

One pro is that it literally relaunches itself every 2 years, allowing new blood to come in and my gawd you'd think there couldn't be anyone left on the planet but guilds becoming packed with people brand new to wow.

It's an entry point for past players as well, in that everyone is basically starting over, again, a refresh more less ofc.

I dunno you look at EQ2 and it's a mess, piled on systems, no upkeep just keep feeding the dumpster fire it has become. ESO yeah new voiced content, combat blows but new voiced content? Super Yawn, it's one gigantic starter zone.

A con, ok you lose what you have now but this is where i started to learn toward what they do with these refreshes cause you get to pinnacle and ok great my toon is broken af one shot'ing mobs woot, that's only fun for so long. You start to get bored of the systems like you do in every mmorpg which never changes.

I'm now looking very much looking forward to a fresh start, fresh systems to explore, new lands to explore, new, new, new right. I can honestly say that if they didn't do this i'd probably be done playing retail, i figured it all out, toons are broken af, and now it's boring, my only goal atm is to cap all 12 classes, 2.5 left but i want to do all that in prepatch.

I mean i read a post asking how could mmorpg's stay fresh? Or something along the line of acknowledging this is a problem among all mmorpg's, which it is. and my response was just ask wow, they hammer out that problem over a decade ago.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L