Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4K - AQUATIC MOUNTS & Pre-Alpha Ashes of Creation Dev Update

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
edited September 2020 in Ashes of Creation
AsheramAmathe

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    When I hear aquatic mounts, I think:

Asheram[Deleted User]Nanfoodle

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Game looks a bit like GW 1.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Asheram said:
    Did you watch it in 4K? GW1 does not look that good. Maybe looking back with beer goggles. 
    AsheramCatibrie
    edited September 2020
    https://images.app.goo.gl/weVRzX2D6BHNgB8J7

Here is GW1 in alpha  above and Ashes is in Pre-Alpha heading to Alpha below 

https://images.app.goo.gl/knVTC9SqVJXczAJX9
    Catibrie
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Nanfoodle said:
    Asheram said:
    Did you watch it in 4K? GW1 does not look that good. Maybe looking back with beer goggles. 

They are probably referring to the character modeling and gear.
    Asheram
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2020
    Nanfoodle said:
    Asheram said:
    I didnt mean that in a bad way I loved GW1 and its artstyling, maybe I should have said it reminded me of and not looked exactly like it. I guess I meant more the art styling not the graphic quality sry.

Yeah what Tiller said ;)

Nanfoodle[Deleted User]
    Ashes has a really good art team. It's one thing they are far from lacking in. They keep updating and adding more and more polish. Looking forward to seeing what things will look like at launch. Just hope they nail the combat. Seem doggy. 
    Catibrie
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited October 2020
    Nanfoodle said:
    Ashes has a really good art team. It's one thing they are far from lacking in. They keep updating and adding more and more polish. Looking forward to seeing what things will look like at launch. Just hope they nail the combat. Seem doggy. 
    What matters is can their back end code can deliver a smooth, playable experience for a decent number of players in one area with such high level graphics.

More seasoned teams have tried and failed, so I'm a bit incredulous about this group's chances.
    NanfoodleBruceYeeCatibrieAsheram

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    What matters is can their back end code can deliver a smooth, playable experience for a decent number of players in one area with such high level graphics.

More seasoned teams have tried and failed, so I'm a bit incredulous about this group's chances.
    This game is calling for large scale PvP battles as a main feature. That will be a big order.
    Catibrie
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Pre-alpha, time to get HYPED!
    BruceYee
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2020
    Man alive,PLEASE tell dev studios how to make videos.

I was all ready to lay down get some rest and watch this video.It starts off in typical fashion which is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,so i couldn't lay down ,i had to move the slider to find where the ystart actually showing me game play instead of just standing there looking at a stream.
    Watched and nodded off,came off as just a mount stream,look at us ,we have mounts.
    If I were to join a game just for mounts i would hands down pick Atlas every time anytime.
    They are also making a big mistake segregating content between players.Example flying mounts only given to status players.

Side note,they need to do a better job with water,the wave motion looked fake.I do enjoy various movement speed but the Tortoise speed in water also looked a tad fake,too fast,like it had jet skis on or something.
    Post edited by Wizardry on

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.